Ridiculous stoppage (PFL Europe 1 Doumbe vs Baki Aftermath **MERGED**)

Everyone here loves to hate refs and disguise the situation. "English isn't Dumbe's first language. They had a translator in there for him." Ignoring the fact that Dumbe has done full english interviews with no translations. Do we know what Dumbe said to him? No we don't. What we do know if Goddard warned him you can't timeout. Whether it's right or not at that point he knew enough that likely if he did that again the fight is over and he did it anyway because clearly he didn't want to fight through it. It is what it is. We can say Goddard should have stopped to have the doctor look at it but the reality is after that warning he should have realized doing that would create this outcome. Same crap when someone gets eye poked that is missed and the ref tells them they didn't see it or they think it's a punch then you just stop fighting.
When he was asked to continue he did, Goddard stopped the fight when his opponent stopped fighting and pointed at his toe which was really weird. If he would have stopped it when Duombe stopped fighting it would have made more sense not when his opponent stopped fighting.

He is very clearly not fully fluent, in the interview after the fight he was clearly struggling to remember how to say certain words in English. I doubt glass, wood, shard or splinter are words he's had to say in English much if at all.

Doumbe won round 2 and was looking to have the momentum in the 3rd. Neither looked too effective, Baki looked like a guy who got good hitting pads and bags but hasn't many hours sparring and he did surprisingly nothing with his takedowns and showed bad top control vs a kickboxer.

Baki is still super young and talented, no doubt. Doumbes grappling looked way better than expected but he didn't seem comfortable opening up. Weird ass fight.
Not that weird. They did not engage, they are counterstrikers. Doumbe has a decent anti wrestling game but in the process he lost everything that made him an exciting kickboxer, he only strikes one punch after another these days, 0 combo. Baki has a nice overall game but not offensive enough for my taste and he does not have 1 clear weapons to end fights. Decent fighters but nothing extraordinary either

Goddard proving across all promotion he is the dumbest most retarded fa99ot to have ever reffed a fight. Fuck Marc Goddard.

What a joke of an ending. PFL is the new Bellator.

I'm way more fluent in English than doumbe and even I learned that the word for tonight was "sliver". Even in french I had to think a second to come with "écharde"
I am Québécois (french speaker but in contact with English since childhood) and know that an écharde is a "sliver" since yesterday lol. I wouldn't expect a French dude to know that word.

I would say Marc Goddard is sabotaging UFC rivals but he's also a dipshit in the UFC too. Stopped Umsan Colby 1, Israel Periera 1, Jiri vs Periera early. The guy is just a piece of shit in my book I've had my eye on him for a few years

It did seem like Goddard seemed pretty self righteous in that moment, like he wanted to prove his authority and how he doesn't take no shit. Ruined PFL Europe event ending.
Would not be suprised if he gets banned from PFL for this.

Goddard give his side of the story. NGL I hated on him but he makes sense here

I hope there's a rematch but I'm feeling the UFC will want to beat PFL to the punch and sign Baki so a similar big event can't take place.

Told you guys

Back