Ring To Cage C-17 Custom

thats fine. ill stick with the cletos for now.

i do remember a while back when Clamp (i believe it was him) informed us that Mohsin would no longer do custom without logos. its been quite some time since that changed from what i remember.

Yeah no more logo less merchandise

Hello Gents,

In another thread I mentioned some bumps were starting to form on the surface of my C17 2.0's. Made some pics for you to review.

P1040521.jpg

P1040522.jpg

Kind rgds,
RG

Whoa that's a first I've seen of the C17s. Did you contact Mohsin? How long and how often have you used them?

Hi C(lamp)17,

These are 3 months old and I use them about 2-3 hours per week. Mostly on pads and the heavy bag.

I have not contacted Mohsin yet about this.

Kind rgds,
RG

Hi C(lamp)17,

These are 3 months old and I use them about 2-3 hours per week. Mostly on pads and the heavy bag.

I have not contacted Mohsin yet about this.

Kind rgds,
RG

Hmm so pretty light usage, I would definitely contact Mohsin, you may have gotten a bad glove, I don't think anyone else have gotten bubbles so far, that I know of.

Hi Strato

The pics show both gloves.

I have another pair of new C17 2.0 I will also start using to see what happens.

Kind rgds,
RG

I had bumps like that with my 1.0s but not with the 2.0 version. granted Ive been using winnings a lot more lately.

I think it must be the IMF degrading slightly.....

I had that problem with my Ringside IMF's, and now even with my Topboxer IMF gloves.
In both instances, they appeared after about 2 months.

It is not great to look at, but as it doesn't affect performance I've not pursued it.....

photo_zps2a43c2aa.jpg

Last edited:
@Dtenny, that's why I just avoid IMF completely nowadays. Regardless of how high quality the IMF they use is, there will always be little pieces of foam tearing off and causing those bumps under the leather, especially during break-in, because it's just one big piece of foam and isn't very pliable. Glovemakers should probably segment the mold.

i'm considering it. im also considering buying a used one on ebay.

Go for it. Even if R2C still did offer logoless gear, they'd charge custom prices I believe. For $20 more with Muhammad, you'd get far more options with your gloves. Any logo you want, any type of foam, any color combination, and even have the gloves and hand compartment tailored to your own hands. Muhammad's Winning clones are the way to go, without a doubt.

Last edited:
These aren't IMF though?

@Dtenny, that's why I just avoid IMF completely nowadays. Regardless of how high quality the IMF they use is, there will always be little pieces of firm tearing off and causing those bumps under the leather

One of many reasons I think

It doesnt affect performance initially but if it keeps breaking down then it'll eventually get fucked up to the point they're unusable when big enough pieces start breaking off.

These aren't IMF though?

Fair point. The degradation can't just be limited to IMF...

It doesnt affect performance initially but if it keeps breaking down then it'll eventually get fucked up to the point they're unusable when big enough pieces start breaking off.

That's actually what happened to one of my Ringsides. I got them in Oct-13, and by Christmas it had cracked all across the knuckle. That was when I started looking at Sherdog. But so far on Topboxer's the problem is just cosmetic. Hope it stays that way!

My imf topboxer/bb had small bumps early on. Nothing too crazy yet.

Stupid question....but has anybody had a breakdown in the R2C MiM foam?

I'm not impressed with the top boxer gloves. The custom ring to cage are 130. Top boxer is 160 and i want a refund. My main problem is the foam in their winning clones. Its not absorbent or protective and the cuff is way too wide. Im a little upset. They're just not worth the money. I like Mo but these gloves are disappointing. You can call ne bias but the C17 is the best 100$ glove on the market and for custom it's unmatched. Sorry guys but i will explain in a full review.

I had that problem with my Ringside IMF's, and now even with my Topboxer IMF gloves.
In both instances, they appeared after about 2 months.

It is not great to look at, but as it doesn't affect performance I've not pursued it.....

photo_zps2a43c2aa.jpg

damn...that doesn't look nice. might as well throw in another 150 for some winnings. with that quality the c17 should be called "losings." thanks for saving me some money and hassl, i appreciate it. and i agree you should get full refund. that type of quality is unacceptable.

I'm not impressed with the top boxer gloves. The custom ring to cage are 130. Top boxer is 160 and i want a refund. My main problem is the foam in their winning clones. Its not absorbent or protective and the cuff is way too wide. Im a little upset. They're just not worth the money. I like Mo but these gloves are disappointing. You can call ne bias but the C17 is the best 100$ glove on the market and for custom it's unmatched. Sorry guys but i will explain in a full review.

Interesting. Im interested in reading your review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back