Rizin 17 July 28th

This event won't air live on Fuji TV so there will be only 1 intermission.

Love to see a co promotion between Bellator, Rizin, KSW and ACA.

I'm not sure I much care for Rizin. Sitting through an Hour long intermission at 3am when I have stuff to do tomorrow then suffering through Fite TVs constant buffering killed the experience for me.

Spend less time on flash and hype and get to the damn fights.

Does anyone remember that Dream new years show (I think it was around 2012...?) which was like 10 hours long?

RIZIN just dropped a new RIZIN confession focusing on Motoya, Ishiwatari, Sasaki and Ogikubo and it was subbed from the get-go. Happy they are taking care of the English fans.

They all want Horiguchi. Their bouts seem to be an unofficial round robin.
I think everybody in JMMA nowadays wants to fight Horiguchi because he is literally the only JMMA fighter that is getting any sort of Japanese mainstream media attention in recent years, alongside non-MMA combat sport stars like Naoya, Tenshin and Takeru. Any Japanese fighter who manages to defeat Horiguchi will be propelled into the limelight. Easier said than done when you realize that 3 of these JMMA elites (Motoya, Ogikubo, Ishiwatari) who fought Horiguchi are 0-5 against him lol. Motoya and Ogikubo are/were both dominant champs (Ogi is champ-champ) in their organization and Ishiwatari held his Pancrase title since the stone age.

Speaking of which, Mizugaki also wants Horiguchi but he has to survive the Kape hazing first.

Last edited:
D_wNvL1U0AA7zDI.jpg

I think everybody in JMMA nowadays wants to fight Horiguchi because he is literally the only JMMA fighter that is getting any sort of Japanese mainstream media attention in recent years, alongside non-MMA combat sport stars like Naoya, Tenshin and Takeru. Any Japanese fighter who manages to defeat Horiguchi will be propelled into the limelight. Easier said than done when you realize that 3 of these JMMA elites (Motoya, Ogikubo, Ishiwatari) who fought Horiguchi are 0-5 against him lol. Motoya and Ogikubo are/were both dominant champs (Ogi is champ-champ) in their organization and Ishiwatari held his Pancrase title since the stone age.

Speaking of which, Mizugaki also wants Horiguchi but he has to survive the Kape hazing first.
speaking of, Horiguchi just did a new vlog where he covers differences in training styles in the USA and Japan

very interesting from a guy who has extensive experience on both sides

speaking of, Horiguchi just did a new vlog where he covers differences in training styles in the USA and Japan

very interesting from a guy who has extensive experience on both sides

Great video. Japan sounds really behind the times.

Also damn Horiguchi seems to have the right mentality. It makes sense how much he's succeeded.

I think they are betting on Shtyrkov to become Rizin’s Fedor Emelianenko. First fight and late announcement and still is the co main to the triple main event. Since they announced the 3 Japanese only fights a while ago.

I think they are betting on Shtyrkov to become Rizin’s Fedor Emelianenko. First fight and late announcement and still is the co main to the triple main event. Since they announced the 3 Japanese only fights a while ago.
They are trying to build him up to be the next contender for Jiri because he signed a 4 fight deal.

2019 Mizugaki isn't on the same level as Ogikubo, Ishiwatari, and Motoya.

2019 Mizugaki isn't on the same level as Ogikubo, Ishiwatari, and Motoya.
Still, I don't think putting together another Ogikubo or Ishiwatari rematch will EVER be a good idea. Even Mizugaki would be a better choice.

Still, I don't think putting together another Ogikubo or Ishiwatari rematch will EVER be a good idea. Even Mizugaki would be a better choice.
It would be pointless to do those rematches. There's no interest.

Although, people seem to completely forget that Ogikubo dropped Horiguchi with a punch.

It would be pointless to do those rematches. There's no interest.

Although, people seem to completely forget that Ogikubo dropped Horiguchi with a punch.
Not me, though it didn't effect the fight very much overall.
Beautiful sequence.

giphy.gif

I think they are betting on Shtyrkov to become Rizin’s Fedor Emelianenko.

They're in for a surprise: they're going to get a roided monkey with the brain of an amoeba, whose record is padded by crooked officials and whose biggest accomplishment is to be a hired muscle for dirty Russian Olygarchs.
I doubt that Japanese crowd will dig him.... and don't tell me Bob Sapp: Sapp is funny and charismatic actor.

They're in for a surprise: they're going to get a roided monkey with the brain of an amoeba, whose record is padded by crooked officials and whose biggest accomplishment is to be a hired muscle for dirty Russian Olygarchs.
I doubt that Japanese crowd will dig him.... and don't tell me Bob Sapp: Sapp is funny and charismatic actor.
Shtyrkov's role will be a foil to Prochazka yeah. I see them doing that fight next year if they keep winning.

This LW Tournament, is it going to conclude as 3 fights in 2 days? Like the way their bantamweight tournament did?

Back