Rob Schneider Says ‘Saturday Night Live’ Overt Liberal Politics Hurt Its Comedy

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What do you think war room do you agree with Rob?

“The fun of ‘Saturday Night Live’ was always you never knew which way they leaned politically,” he told the Daily News. “You kind of assumed they would lean more left and liberal, but now the cat’s out of the bag they are completely against Trump, which I think makes it less interesting because you know the direction the piece is going.”

Real Rob, also found Alec Baldwin’s portrayals of President Donald Trump particularly vexing. He compared Baldwin unfavorably with Dana Carvey’s imitations of President H.W. Bush, who Schneider felt skewered with a touch of affection.

“Carvey played it respectfully,” Schneider said. “To me, the genius of Dana Carvey was Dana always had empathy for the people he played, and Alec Baldwin has nothing but a fuming, seething anger toward the person he plays.” Schneider said Baldwin is “hard to watch. Alec Baldwin is a brilliant actor… he’s not a comedian.” He added: “I don’t find his impression to be comical. Because, like I said, I know the way his politics lean and it spoils any surprise. There’s no possible surprise. He so clearly hates the man he’s playing.”

Schneider claims to be politically independent and feels today’s partisan politics is particularly ugly. “Literally, if you don’t go the party line — you’re out. There’s a real ugliness to it,” he said.

Rest of the story here
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rob-schneider-says-saturday-night-192218003.html

Why I stopped regularly watching Bill Maher. Nothing interesting about predictable conversations.

Rob Schneider, one of the great political minds of our time.

Wait, no... I mean... Rob Schneider, one of the great comedic minds of our time.

Wait, no...

What do you think war room do you agree with Rob?

“The fun of ‘Saturday Night Live’ was always you never knew which way they leaned politically,” he told the Daily News. “You kind of assumed they would lean more left and liberal, but now the cat’s out of the bag they are completely against Trump, which I think makes it less interesting because you know the direction the piece is going.”

Real Rob, also found Alec Baldwin’s portrayals of President Donald Trump particularly vexing. He compared Baldwin unfavorably with Dana Carvey’s imitations of President H.W. Bush, who Schneider felt skewered with a touch of affection.

“Carvey played it respectfully,” Schneider said. “To me, the genius of Dana Carvey was Dana always had empathy for the people he played, and Alec Baldwin has nothing but a fuming, seething anger toward the person he plays.” Schneider said Baldwin is “hard to watch. Alec Baldwin is a brilliant actor… he’s not a comedian.” He added: “I don’t find his impression to be comical. Because, like I said, I know the way his politics lean and it spoils any surprise. There’s no possible surprise. He so clearly hates the man he’s playing.”

Schneider claims to be politically independent and feels today’s partisan politics is particularly ugly. “Literally, if you don’t go the party line — you’re out. There’s a real ugliness to it,” he said.

Rest of the story here
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rob-schneider-says-saturday-night-192218003.html
Alec Baldwin embodies the left. Seething, fuming anger. Aka, scums of the universe.

Get funny again SNL.

Rob Schneider?

images

I did not know the guy from Jaws was on SNL or even still alive.

Of course it doesn't -- only fat liberal dorks are home at 1130pm on a Saturday watching TV.

They know who their audience is.

I think not being funny has hurt their comedy more. But yeah, while comedians needn't avoid having an ideological bent, overt partisanship can kill the laughs.

Alec Baldwin is playing Alec Baldwin while wearing a wig and a pouting his lips.

SNL is pretty awful these days.

He's 100% right. When there is only one way to turn there is no suspense and without suspense there is no comedy.

I think Baldwin is 1 of the most underrated actors ever

Watch The Cooler

SNL has been garbage for a long ass time, Chris Farley was alive back when it was still ok to good still

Back