• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Robocop 3 vs Terminator 3

Thats the third film, has both the jetpack and the samurai robots in it.

The confusing thing I spose is that you also have the TV movie pilot episode of the Robocop series around the same time.
when I went looking for the R3 trailer I was waiting for the Samurai but didn't see them, then I was like WTF is this anyway?

when I went looking for the R3 trailer I was waiting for the Samurai but didn't see them, then I was like WTF is this anyway?

Been awhile since I watched it but my memory is they don't really show up that much, its mostly the British miltiary guy hired by OCP acting as the villian.

Never seen Robo 3. Only 1 n 2. T3. Wasn't terrible . Not great but not awful. I go T3

I think T3 was better. I recall the crain chase being ok. RC3 was pretty awful. I havent watched either one in a long time.

My all time favorite film is RoboCop and while the second film is a pretty decent step down in quality it is still a film I watch from time to time. The third RoboCop film however is atrocious and Peter Weller was smart enough not to get on board. T3 wins the day

My thoughts exactly.

RC1 is my favorite movie. RC2 was a downgrade but still enjoyable. And Robo-cain was awesome.

RC 3 was abysmal.

RC1 had Red foreman as the possible GOAT villain. After that, meh

clarence-boddicker.gif

T3 gave me a headache. Didn't like the ending story line. The supermodel terminator just was hokey.

T3 has some issues, and is the weakest of the trilogy(I do not count the other films). R3 is a straight up abomination.

T3, easily.

T3 at least somewhat tried to be faithful. RBC3 was pure trash.

It's not even the worst 3rd installment in a franchise, that goes to TMNT 3

Ahh, I remember the days... When Robocop 2 was released It was heavily advertised that the script was going to be penned by Frank Miller. After the movie failed to live up to expectations (although it was entertaining imo) Miller blamed the studio for interferences and changing too much of his script. Fans were like: FM is a genius, the corporate greedy fuckers from the studio deprived us from a masterpiece from this visionary writer... Then Robocop 3 was released with a script by Frank Miller and this time there was no studio behind fucking up (it's easy to see many of FM themes in it, there's even a character who's basically his Ronin comic character) ... Lo and behold, the movie SUCKED way way worse than 2

Last edited:
Ahh, I remember the days... When Robocop 2 was released It was heavily advertised that the script was going to be penned by Frank Miller. After the movie failed to live up to expectations (although it was entertaining imo) Miller blamed the studio for interferences and changing too much of his script. Fans were like: FM is a genius, the studio deprived us from a masterpiece from this visionary writer... Then Robocop 3 was released with a script by Frank Miller and this time there were no studio behind fucking up (you. A see many of FM themes in it, there's even a character who's basically his Ronin comic character) ... Lo and behold, the movie SUCKED way more than 2

The reaction to Millers comic based on his original Robo 2 script also wasnt very good and honestly I don't think you can look at that film and say its some bland blockbuster watered down by the studio. I'd argue its one of the most black hearted cynical blockbuster ever made, turns the dark satire from the original up to 11 poking fun at pretty much everyone on the right and the left.

Robocop 3 vs Beverly Hills Cop 3 vs Highlander 3 vs Jaws 3.
I liked Beverly Hills 3 at the time. Probably cos it was the first one I saw.

I did not ever like Robo 3, ever. Robo 2 still had a cool villain. I remember with 3 just thinking who the fuck are these Samurai's where's the giant murderous robot? Rise of the Machines I was looking forward to prior to release and it did at least flesh out some backstory albeit poorly. I thought the focus on killings Sean's generals instead was sort of interesting.

I watched Robocop 3 most recently in 2014. It’s fucking god awful.

If Robocop is 10/10 and Robocop is a 7/10 then Robocop 3 is like a 3/10

Oh god I can't believe I have to actually say Terminator 3 is better than something.
I'd be more shocked if I had to say Robocop 3 was better than another cyborg/Robot cop movie if I hadn't seen R.O.T.O.R

This is the Gymkata of Robot cop movies

They made a comic book adaption of Miller's original Robocop 2 script. I read it once and though it was incomprehensible, really bad. 'This is the same guy that wrote Daredevil and Dark Knight Returns? Lmao'

Ahh, I remember the days... When Robocop 2 was released It was heavily advertised that the script was going to be penned by Frank Miller. After the movie failed to live up to expectations (although it was entertaining imo) Miller blamed the studio for interferences and changing too much of his script. Fans were like: FM is a genius, the corporate greedy fuckers from the studio deprived us from a masterpiece from this visionary writer... Then Robocop 3 was released with a script by Frank Miller and this time there was no studio behind fucking up (it's easy to see many of FM themes in it, there's even a character who's basically his Ronin comic character) ... Lo and behold, the movie SUCKED way way worse than 2

They made a comic book adaption of Miller's original Robocop 2 script. I read it once and though it was incomprehensible, really bad. 'This is the same guy that wrote Daredevil and Dark Knight Returns? Lmao'
The only good thing on that adaptation is the ever underrated artwork by fellow Spaniard Juanjo Ryp! No one can fill a page with more detail!
4239aa478b79854cf6000a59ea06ebb2.jpg

AIvU1G1o_0907201333531gpadd.png

Back