Rogan: "If Conor knocks out Mayweather he is the biggest athlete of all time"

Does this make Floyd Mayweather the greatest athlete of all time?

Also, what will Floyd Mayweather be if he beats Conor McGregor? So, Conor can get props for a victory, but Floyd can't?

Joe Rogan logic is so basic. Dude has the mentality of the average Sherbro. It is seems like all the talks with academics and intellectuals over the years has done very little to improve how he develops his opinions.

"So. I like to watch Joe Rogan get really high, and then talk about stuff. Then I go to Sherdog and call him stupid"

Fucking brilliant people around here.

He is right, the odds may not reflect it but this is someone who cannot even be called an amateur boxer, facing not only a professional boxer but the greatest boxer of our generation. It would be the greatest upset in sporting history.

Watched about 3 mins of this.

That's about 3 minutes more than what I listened to of Joe's podcast here.

Conor won't even be the most famous athlete right now if he wins, let alone biggest ever. If Cristiano Ronaldo came out that would be a bigger story than this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, May v Mac just hasn't and won't catch on as a cultural event; certainly not as much as May v Pac. People who never watch boxing, like chicks for instance, watched May v Pac, if Conor wins it'll get a bit of press as some human cock fighter/cage fighter upset Floyd

Last edited:
Yeah no WAY Conor is anywhere near Jordan levels yet. I don't think he's near Tyson, C.Ronaldo, Pele levels yet either. And if he beat Floyd? I don't know I don't don't think Floyd has transcended boxing particulrly. Your Mom or girlfriend might recognise the name vaguely but it's nowhere near a Jordan, Tyson, Ali type fame

Ali is the biggest athlete of all time. No one will ever reach his level of fame.
I disagree. He might be the most culturally influential so far, but many modern athletes reach more people due to the size of the population and increasing global reach of entertainment through the internet.

Also, what will Floyd Mayweather be if he beats Conor McGregor? So, Conor can get props for a victory, but Floyd can't?

Joe Rogan logic is so basic. Dude has the mentality of the average Sherbro. It is seems like all the talks with academics and intellectuals over the years has done very little to improve how he develops his opinions.

Pretty epic irony here.

No, Mayweather doesnt get props for beating a MMA fighter in Boxing, my basic buddeh.

Floyd isn't the guy crossing over to another sport to face the best fighter that sport has to offer. If Floyd came over to mma and beat McGregor in the octagon, he gets mad props from everyone, but not this way. Don't knock Rogan's logic without thinking things through.

So if Conor knocks out Floyd. He automatically becomes 8 feet tall and 1360lbs?

Rogan has said a lot of goofy shit over the years but he's 100% right on this one. I don't think MMA fans truly grasp what a massive upset this would be. It would be the biggest upset in sports history.
Oh yeah. There are clueless retards betting on this fight so now Conor is less of an underdog than Berto, Maidana, Ortiz and a bunch of Floyd's other opponents, but that is not realistic at all and does not reveal what is really going on here. The real odds should be like +40,000 when you understand boxing and who Floyd is. So, this is why I say Conor would indeed be the biggest athlete of all time if he pulls the proverbial rabbit out of his hat.

50-0, that's what Mayweather will be if he beats Conor. Mayweather's legacy is already sealed up tight. The guy went undefeated for 19 years. And no, Mayweather won't get any props for beating McGregor. McGregor is a 0-0 boxer going against the greatest defensive boxer of all time who is 49-0. Mayweather should destroy him with ease.

Listen to me. If you tied one of Mayweather's arms behind his back, Conor probably still couldn't hit him flush.

Floyd isn't the guy crossing over to another sport to face the best fighter that sport has to offer. If Floyd came over to mma and beat McGregor in the octagon, he gets mad props from everyone, but not this way. Don't knock Rogan's logic without thinking things through.
Bullshit.

Back