Law Ronna McDaniel - Hire, Defame, Fired... by NBC News - How Big Is Her Settlement Going to be?

Yeah. It’s bad form and they should be sued…not just for her salary.

She was dropped from her management after this as well. NBC for no reason created a mobbing and cancellation of somebody who could’ve just as easily got a job with another network who wouldn’t have immediately stabbed her in the back.

I’ve never been impressed with Ronna McDaniel but NBC needs to do what’s right.

They didn’t even apologize to her. They apologized to the well paid crybabies on MSNBC but not to the person they signed just to scandalize and fire.

what happened to all of the republicans being all about employers rights and being able to fire anybody for any reason?

just "lay her off" due to a "shortage of work" instead of terminating her contract. then she won't be able to do anything.

Pay her the $600k and it's still better than giving a MAGA loyalist a platform. They were stupid to hire her in the first place. Get a Republican or someone on the Right to get those opinions but TR7MPism is a cancer that needs to be excised.

So you're full blown TDS, Trump owns your mind. I didn't realize that.

She's going to make a shit ton more than $600K. The damages are going to be sky high.

So, how was she defamed?

Did you not watch the coverage? It was a political hit job on her for 24 hours by the top NBC and MSNBC "stars". They just destroyed her ability to get a job anywhere in the MSM. It's going to cost them well over $10M.... I would guess sky high as the alternative is that the top NBC "talent" gets deposed and exposed for all of their Fake News and misinformation. I really hope this goes to a full blown lawsuit. It will be awesome. I would be asking for $100M and maybe settle around $50M. Ronna's lawyers can own them easy.

She was dropped from her management after this as well. NBC for no reason created a mobbing and cancellation of somebody who could’ve just as easily got a job with another network who wouldn’t have immediately stabbed her in the back.

They didn’t even apologize to her. They apologized to the well paid crybabies on MSNBC but not to the person they signed just to scandalize and fire.
what is she going to sue about?

Only 80 hours elapsed between NBC News announcing Ronna McDaniel as a paid contributor and the network ousting her from that very role. But for the leadership at NBC Universal News Group, those were 80 painful hours.

On Tuesday evening, following another full day in which the media rumor mill churned at warp speed, NBCU News Group boss Cesar Conde sent staff a memo, notifying his troops that he had reversed his decision to welcome the former Republican National Committee chair to “the team.”

Conde had no real choice. The embattled NBCU boss, who I’m told dealt with the crisis from an unknown location outside of 30 Rock, was facing an unprecedented rebellion from his most high-profile stars, who one by one went on the air and excoriated leadership’s decision to hire McDaniel. The only aspect of Conde’s note that was surprising was the fact that it came 48 hours late, allowing what started off as a crisis to fester and balloon into one of the worst corporate public relations calamities in recent memory.

"What a sh*t show!” a media executive exclaimed to me Tuesday shortly after Conde relieved McDaniel of her NBC News credentials.

=======================================

Will it be the $600,000 interview?

The ramifications of NBC’s decision yesterday to part ways with former RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel just two days after her paid network debut on “Meet the Press” are just starting to shake out. But they could be expensive.

McDaniel expects to be fully paid out for her contract — two years at $300,000 annually — since she did not breach its terms, according to a person close to McDaniel. That means that her single, not-quite-20-minute interview Sunday could cost NBC more than $30,000 per minute, or $500 per second.

That might be just the beginning of the fallout following yesterday’s announcement from NBCUniversal News Group Chair Cesar Conde that the deal, first announced on Friday, would be canceled. McDaniel spoke yesterday with Bryan Freedman, renowned lawyer to the estranged cable-news stars, to discuss legal options even beyond recouping the dollar value of her contract.

While no arrangement is final, the person close to McDaniel said, Freedman would be an obvious choice: He represented Megyn Kelly in her own acrimonious parting with NBC, as well as ousted anchors Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon and Tucker Carlson in disputes with their respective former networks.

McDaniel, the person said, is exploring potential defamation and hostile work environment torts after MSNBC’s top talent — momentarily her colleagues — took turns Monday blasting her on air.

==========================================

This is pure Left Wing Clown World level idiocy... and it's hilarious.

They handed her a massive lawsuit that should be a slam dunk. You don't get to hire, defame, and then fire someone like this without it biting you in the ass. The lawsuit is going one of two ways.

(1) Huge payout to Ronna straight up
(2) Ronna's lawyers depose all the talent on NBC and their Fake News comments and reports, along with the management team and destroy their credibility even more.... and then still Ronna gets a huge settlement

NBC lawyers and top executives, must know this. If they are smart they come up with a huge number quick, or they become the news for a very long time in a very bad way.

Here is a great video with Megan Kelly on the situation, with videos of the NBC staff melting down within it. Megan's lawyer that got her a huge settlement looks to be Ronna's lawyer moving forward. Watching the gaslighting and Fake News staff of NBC News scream and cry about it was hilarious. They want to talk about credibility, yet they have none with America, unless a person is a Left Cult drone.

She’ll get paid big-time if she gets a REAL judge in a REAL courtroom. I count at least 5 rights that were trampled on, maybe 6. Newsfare. Slam Dunk.

Seriously, tho… $300k a year? That’s what these talking head idiots make to give their shitty opinions a couple of times a day for 5 minutes at a time? I shoulda majored in poli sci.

Sounds like the liberal cry babies are scared of her.

It's looks like they are afraid to have her on one of their shows and debate her on any points. If they are so sure of their views they should have confidence in their ability in any debate with her.

However instead they are so scared they have to get her fired.

It will be interesting to see if she takes them to court and gets paid her full pay.

If NBC pays out the $600K contract, what did they do wrong?
They just destroyed her ability to get a job anywhere in the MSM. I
How did they destroy her ability to get a job on cable television and where in god's name is the legal right for that?

It's looks like they are afraid to have her on one of their shows and debate her on any points. If they are so sure of their views they should have confidence in their ability in any debate with her.
Per Politico, other way around. McDaniel couldn't handle being challenged.
"The miscommunication extended to NBC’s dealings with McDaniel. She was originally under the impression that yesterday’s appearance would be part of her rollout as a new NBC contributor rather than the confrontational grilling it turned into."

LOL @ the leftists in this thread, not realizing McDaniel's convenient incompetence as the RNC chairwoman (and she's a Romney), is one of the bigger reasons why Democrats won major elections in 2018, 2020, 2022.

She practically was a double-agent for the Democrats. Ya'll should be standing in line to lick her clit.

LOL @ the leftists in this thread, not realizing McDaniel's convenient incompetence as the RNC chairwoman (and she's a Romney), is one of the bigger reasons why Democrats won major elections in 2018, 2020, 2022.

She practically was a double-agent for the Democrats. Ya'll should be standing in line to lick her clit.
She certainly wasn't a great chair, but the party or Trump kept her on. What happened to the buck stops at the top?

Looks like she is going to get $600,000 for one day's work.

Meh… good for her then

What clown show

As for partisan hacks, doesn’t this channel have Psaki has a host?

lol….

No wonder their ratings are in the shitter

Breach of contract

She can file for defamation easily, because the filings won't be the big deal. She needs to simply get the suit going and then subpoena all the on air "talent" of NBC News. Once that happens the NBC will know that they either (a) pay her off big, or (b) the lawyers depose the "talent" and management and it will be damning beyond repair. The ability to expose their bias will be unmatched by any setting other than something else like this. They will be able to go over Fake News events they reported on over and over again. They will be able to show what a fraud NBC News has become. They will be able to ask management why there is not a single Conservative or Trump supporter on the payroll as a broadcast FCC license holding entity. It would be a glorious event and why I hope there is no settlement.

Meh… good for her then

What clown show

As for partisan hacks, doesn’t this channel have Psaki has a host?

lol….

No wonder their ratings are in the shitter
Fake news doesn't sell anymore.

So you're full blown TDS, Trump owns your mind. I didn't realize that.

She's going to make a shit ton more than $600K. The damages are going to be sky high.
What is the formula you're using to calculate damages here?

If she had a contract that guarantees the money, maybe she still gets paid. If not, not.

She can file for defamation easily, because the filings won't be the big deal. She needs to simply get the suit going and then subpoena all the on air "talent" of NBC News. Once that happens the NBC will know that they either (a) pay her off big, or (b) the lawyers depose the "talent" and management and it will be damning beyond repair. The ability to expose their bias will be unmatched by any setting other than something else like this. They will be able to go over Fake News events they reported on over and over again. They will be able to show what a fraud NBC News has become. They will be able to ask management why there is not a single Conservative or Trump supporter on the payroll as a broadcast FCC license holding entity. It would be a glorious event and why I hope there is no settlement.
How was she defamed?

Do you want to bet on any of this?

Back