Law Ronna McDaniel - Hire, Defame, Fired... by NBC News - How Big Is Her Settlement Going to be?

instead of suing them for hurting her feelings, she should sue them for hurting her feelings?

What? Defamation is a tort centred around damage to a person’s reputation as a result of someone else making false statements about a person. Suing for defamation may not be a good option if those anchors never actually said anything about her that wasn’t true. I don’t know if anything they said wasn’t true because until this thread I’ve literally never heard of this Ronnie McDaniel person before since I’m not American and don’t follow the goings on of the RNC or DNC.

The torts of intentional interference with economic relations and inducement of breach of contract are pretty much exactly what they sound like: suing someone for for coming along and trying influence those you’re in business with to breach the contracts they have with you. They’re difficult claims to pursue in connection wrongful dismissal employment litigation, and management level employees are effectively immune from liability for these kinds of claims (since management level employees are supposed to be entrusted to make decisions on behalf of a company in the first place) but these anchors wouldn’t have that kind of immunity.

What? Defamation is a tort centred around damage to a person’s reputation as a result of someone else making false statements about a person.

well, she has every opportunity to bring forward her evidence and show the courts that what they said about her was completely false. otherwise have fun trying to sue for hurt feelings.

Why was there no outrage thread by any leftist here about her being hired?

Why did we have to wait for a rightest with a ronna boner to make a thread about being outraged about her being fired?

I’m outraged.
This doesn't make any sense. She was preemptively fired because of leftist grumbling within the news organization itself.

The lady is batshit, this is actually a case where I find it understandable those employees would voice such strong concerns, but if they violated the contract with her, they violated it, and I'd expect a settlement. I'm surprised they wouldn't have some clause in there that permits them to sever the contract this early at a reduced payout, though.

What? Defamation is a tort centred around damage to a person’s reputation as a result of someone else making false statements about a person. Suing for defamation may not be a good option if those anchors never actually said anything about her that wasn’t true. I don’t know if anything they said wasn’t true because until this thread I’ve literally never heard of this Ronnie McDaniel person before since I’m not American and don’t follow the goings on of the RNC or DNC.

The torts of intentional interference with economic relations and inducement of breach of contract are pretty much exactly what they sound like: suing someone for for coming along and trying influence those you’re in business with to breach the contracts they have with you. They’re difficult claims to pursue in connection wrongful dismissal employment litigation, and management level employees are effectively immune from liability for these kinds of claims (since management level employees are supposed to be entrusted to make decisions on behalf of a company in the first place) but these anchors wouldn’t have that kind of immunity.

The problem with this is McDaniel would still likely not have a case. The reason she was released from contract is so not made up that recently she was asked to reply to her own contradictory words on-air, by watching video of herself lying lol. Also considering how terribly she ran the RNC (which now some dingbats in this thread are saying was purposeful to absolve Trump of the incompetence of picking incompetent people), I seriously doubt she was savvy enough to secure a comprehensive termination stipulation clause in her contract.

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum over at NBC News.
No, the talent is running the asylum. Like in pro sports, the talent has much more influence
The problem with this is McDaniel would still likely not have a case. The reason she was released from contract is so not made up that recently she was asked to reply to her own contradictory words on-air, by watching video of herself lying lol. Also considering how terribly she ran the RNC (which now some dingbats in this thread are saying was purposeful to absolve Trump of the incompetence of picking incompetent people), I seriously doubt she was savvy enough to secure a comprehensive termination stipulation clause in her contract.

I am almost certain she is going to get paid out $600k for her two-year $300k contract. NBC is going to do this to avoid issues when negotiating contracts with on-air talent in the future.

No, the talent is running the asylum. Like in pro sports, the talent has much more influence

I am almost certain she is going to get paid out $600k for her two-year $300k contract. NBC is going to do this to avoid issues when negotiating contracts with on-air talent in the future.

I wouldn't be so certain, corporate lawyers get large entities out of those kinds of payouts all the time. It depends on how solid her contract is in the termination clause. That said, even if they did. $600k might as well be $600

Defamed...... lol. Good one, there super chief.
She should not be the only one let go though, whoever thought it was a good idea for her to be hired needs to be fired....out of a cannon into the sun.

Did you not watch the coverage? It was a political hit job on her for 24 hours by the top NBC and MSNBC "stars". They just destroyed her ability to get a job anywhere in the MSM. It's going to cost them well over $10M.... I would guess sky high as the alternative is that the top NBC "talent" gets deposed and exposed for all of their Fake News and misinformation. I really hope this goes to a full blown lawsuit. It will be awesome. I would be asking for $100M and maybe settle around $50M. Ronna's lawyers can own them easy.
Surely one of the bastions of Right Wing "thought" will hire the woman...or is Fox already full up on lunatics?

In reality she is at present, an unindicted co-conspirator, that should likely be facing charges in Michigan at the very least. Between promulgating the big lie, and her direct involvement in trying to coerce officials to accept fake electors.
Pointing out her past behavior isn't defamation. It's called memory, or recollection.

Why was there no outrage thread by any leftist here about her being hired?

Why did we have to wait for a rightest with a ronna boner to make a thread about being outraged about her being fired?

I’m outraged.

Are you suggesting the Leftist media didn't have TDS seizures after she was hired?

lol

I'd actually love to watch a show where Psaka had to confront video everytime she lied as Biden's Press Secretary and after she got gifted a spot at MSNBC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back