Rory will dominate Mousasi

They both have similar styles but Moose is probably a better striker and is bigger. Rory is faster and probably has better wrestling, he's one of the toughest fighters I've seen too, dude can take a bearing.

That all said I got Moose by late fight TKO.

Like he "dominated" his last opponent via panic wrestling from second 1 to win the belt?

As a fan of both fighters, i would hate to see either lose. The moose is bigger, stronger, and more skilled! I am pretty sure moose wins.

Mousasi is a tricky fight for everybody because he's very well rounded. Rory is also very well rounded. Rory has always been about pressure and control in many of his successful fights, and he loves to mix up his ground game with his striking. That's what makes him a great fighter. The problem is I don't think he has the ability to take Mousasi down and control him for very long. I really think Rory will come out and try and utilize his ground game and it may work early on but Mousasi will adapt to it pretty quickly.

Terrible understanding of MMA..........
Macdonald WILL GET PULVERIZED AND THEN YOU WILL see your logic and understanding of MMA is at a novice level at BEST!!!

Macdonald will get pulverized?? wow amazing breakdown of the fight little kid...

The only way Rory wins is if he keeps Moose on the defensive the whole fight everywhere it goes. Always coming forward. Moose likes to relax and take his time in there. Almost too calm and complacent, but that calm demeanor is what makes him a killer at times.

Rory needs to get on him, stay on him, push him...I just don't see that type of fight playing out for five rounds in favor of Rory. Both have excellent stamina, but Rory is going to be working hard the whole way through while Moose will chill until Rory either lets up or makes a technical mistake.

Standing, the advantage is in Moose's favor via experience and technical ability. Another reason is Rory has taken some heavy damage in wars he could have avoided by fighting smart. Rory doesn't fight that smart, the guy is psychotic.

On the ground there is no clear cut advantage there, if Rory gets on top he has some good top control and GnP, but Moose is very comfortable and dangerous with attacks from his back.

It's a fight where I don't want either guy to lose, but it doesn't look that promising for Rory to be honest.

Mousasi better just about everywhere and bigger.Only thing I'm worried about is overconfidence and Rory a big welter and will show some thickness at 185...... variables that we can't see or know now.
Gegard should get by this and then on to knocking out Bader.

Mousasi is better on the feet imo. Better kick boxing, more power and better chin. Also stuffed 205er Latifis takedowns with ease so I doubt Rory will be able to take him down and even if he does Gegards BJJ would nullify Rorys.

Mousasi tkos Rory.

I think Mousasi takes this. Rory is probably taking a beating in this one unless he executes a perfect game plan.

Mousasi wins by nose-destruction.

Back