Roy Moore: last time America was great , was during the slavery era.

Please explain when it was a family value to break up black families?

During the slavery era. I gather then you don't know the history. Allow me to inform you.

During the slavery era - slaves were forced to reproduce to offset the end of the African slave trade. Since they could not import new slaves, owners chose to breed new ones. After the slaves produced children, the parents might be sold off to other plantations for labor needs or just for pure profit. After reaching maturity, the children might be sold off for the same reasons.

Thus for black families during the slavery era, their families were not united. They were always under risk of being broken up for the profit of the slave owner with little regard for the family dynamic of the slaves.

Now, are you saying that intentionally breaking up other people's families for personal profit demonstrates positive family values?

And do you think that era represents united families to black America?

"Even though" is pretty important, I know it hurts your head to actually process it.
English is not english if you have to run it through a Roy Moore decrypter, so maybe its you who doesn't understand.
It' not a hard concept to grasp. The term "even though" means "something is X despite Y". It means hes saying the time was great for family values despite slavery being legal. This shouldnt have to be explained to an adult.

Slavery times were great. Blacks were property. White women were slightly more expensive property. Poor people got married and stayed together because it was all they could afford. Mexicans and Asians were not really a thing.

Yay slave times.

Seriously, Moore is a giant piece of shit.

Am i the only one that noticed his answer was vague to the point he basically avoided the question.

He basically said America was great at some unnamed point.
He did nothing more than rule out times without slavery.

IS it really?

With all the drug addicts n shootings left n right

What about oversexualisation that leads to all these sexual assaults? Why are ppl suprised these sexual assaults happen with such a sexualized society

What about all the confused individuals who are into ssm n transgenderism?

hiho Grimballer,

i am going to use my magic, IGIT powers.

*presto*

you are now black!

tell me, how interested are you in having me transport you to the early 1800s?

in alabama.

since them were the good 'ol days?

- IGIT

So, do you think that breaking up families and selling them away from each other for profit is a positive example of family values?

I think it shows a realistic image of families. Slavers knew that keeping families together gave them unity, strength, etc. Its easier to subjugate those that have no family/support system/faith.

Id suggest our views on family values are worst today then they were during the height of slavery.

Again tbough, he gave the exact qualifier needed to make sense of this. You just conveniently ignored it

It' not a hard concept to grasp. The term "even though" means "something is X despite Y". It means hes saying the time was great for family values despite slavery being legal. This shouldnt have to be explained to an adult.

Except for the impact that slavery had on the demonstration of family values. I can accept that he's not condoning slavery but the era was not a good one for family values precisely because of slavery.

feIswbL.png

I think it shows a realistic image of families. Slavers knew that keeping families together gave them unity, strength, etc. Its easier to subjugate those that have no family/support system/faith.

Id suggest our views on family values are worst today then they were during the height of slavery.

Again tbough, he gave the exact qualifier needed to make sense of this. You just conveniently ignored it

I didn't ignore it. So, you would say that black families felt that families were better off during slavery?

IS it really?

With all the drug addicts n shootings left n right

What about oversexualisation that leads to all these sexual assaults? Why are ppl suprised these sexual assaults happen with such a sexualized society

What about all the confused individuals who are into ssm n transgenderism?

On the first point: Violence in America has been on a steady decline since before the 50s. We are safer than we have ever been. And on drugs, one can easily see that the prohibition of drugs is the principle and practical cause of the rafts of killings over drugs.

On the second point: Saying oversexualization is the cause of sexual assaults is absurd. If you look at the most religious societies, that is where the sexual dysfunction is. America, a secular republic, is the best country to go to if you dont want to get raped, and if it lost this place on high, it would no doubt go to another secular democracy.

I do not see how transgenderism has harmed our nation. They are not even a single percentage point of our nation. I think the problem is the insane amount of promotion towards what it's adherents deem a natural state.

During the slavery era. I gather then you don't know the history. Allow me to inform you.

During the slavery era - slaves were forced to reproduce to offset the end of the African slave trade. Since they could not import new slaves, owners chose to breed new ones. After the slaves produced children, the parents might be sold off to other plantations for labor needs or just for pure profit. After reaching maturity, the children might be sold off for the same reasons.

Thus for black families during the slavery era, their families were not united. They were always under risk of being broken up for the profit of the slave owner with little regard for the family dynamic of the slaves.

Now, are you saying that intentionally breaking up other people's families for personal profit demonstrates positive family values?

And do you think that era represents united families to black America?

And those 1% of people that owned slaves represent America's family values? Again for the 3d time. He addresses slavery as a negative.

I was agreeing with Moore which was facepalm worthy to you. America was greatest pre civil war due to strong family unity and us focusing on smaller government at the local level.

The federalists in the North took a big shit on states rights and began bloating our government. This theme continues today with our unsustainable entitlements. Which part specifically did you disagree with?
I disagree with the notion that America at any point prior to the time of abolition was better than it is now lol

And those 1% of people that owned slaves represent America's family values? Again for the 3d time. He addresses slavery as a negative.

For the black families, do you think that they felt that their families were more united when they had zero control over their families and they could see their children and loved ones sold off?

I'm not asking about the owners. I'm asking about the black families themselves.

Slavery times were great. Blacks were property. White women were slightly more expensive property. Poor people got married and stayed together because it was all they could afford. Mexicans and Asians were not really a thing.

Yay slave times.

Seriously, Moore is a giant piece of shit.

What we have here... is a failure to communicate

What should be explained is "even though" TO YOU. You cant just pass over that. How were slave families that were broke up good family values?

Moore is a Judge that was twice banned from bench, once banned from a Shopping Mall for going after teenage girls, sexual predator going after 14 year old girls when he was a Assistant District Attorney ....by all means keep defending his family values.

I didn't ignore it. So, you would say that black families felt that families were better off during slavery?

Appeal to emotion much? Slavery doesnt reflect family values. Slavers broke up families precisely because it gave slaves strength. Our modern government does the same thing in different ways. You seem to agree with Moore without realizing it

Yes, we're way worse today. Those people who had strong familial bonds, while separating, torturing, killing and enslaving families of a different color were the right ones.

I disagree with the notion that America at any point prior to the time of abolition was better than it is now lol

Thats because you support big government trampling citizen rights. You would have fought for England in the revolutionary war

Back