International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia’s ability to consider such a transfer is only possible because it transitioned to more modern F/A-18F Super Hornets, EA-18G Growlers, and F-35 Lighting II Joint Strike Fighters. The RAAF’s first squadron of F-35s became operational in 2021. The RAAF says it expects all 72 of its F-35s to be fully operational this calendar year. Two dozen Super Hornets and a dozen Growlers round-out the RAAF's tactical jet inventory.
If the RAAF Hornet transfer were to become a reality, a “Hornet coalition” for Ukraine, akin to the one being formed over the Vipers, is not unthinkable, either. Like Australia, there are a number of nations that will be transitioning from the Hornet to the Lightning in just a few years time. This would allow Ukraine to continue Hornet operations well into the next decade with spare airframes, parts, and expertise.

Finland has 62 F/A-18C/D multirole fighter jets and 64 F-35s on order. Canada recently finalized a deal to purchase F-35As to replace its fleet of CF-18 Hornets. In 2021, Switzerland selected the F-35 to replace the Swiss Air Force’s existing fleet of 30 ‘legacy’ F/A-18C/D Hornets. Spain will be concluding Hornet operations in the coming years as well. Other international opportunities exist, too. This includes Kuwait's notoriously healthy F/A-18C/D fleet that is being replaced and possibly U.S. examples, as well.

While all this remains in the discovery stages at this time, at least publicly, we have seen other advanced weapons acquisitions for Ukraine ramp up drastically if the powers that be come together on the subject.

The optics of shredding capable jets that are well suited for Ukraine's needs while the country is begging the world for 4th generation fighter capability would be abysmal, regardless.

I'm not sure, im pretty sure those hornets are pretty crap....

But ive heard in a report awhile back, that Ukrained prefered the F-15 over F-16 probably because dual engines

RAAF_F-35_FA-18F_and_FA-18G_flying_in_formation_March_2022.jpg

The aussies use Super hornet, Growler and F-35 in theyre airforce.

"Considering what is happening in Ukraine, and the country's extreme need for Western fourth-generation fighter capabilities, having dozens of upgraded F/A-18s in good condition just languishing in storage seems like a remarkable missed opportunity. With this in mind we set out to get to the bottom of the status of the Hornets and what could be possible not just in terms of providing fighters for Kyiv's cause but also rapidly training pilots and ground crews to support that cause."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...onfirms-interest-in-australias-f-a-18-hornets

Soldier surrenders to drone. Gets guided by drones to get through lines to surrender.
Pretty crazy , good to see the drone pilots have maintained some sort of humanity.
Yes, I saw the video this morning. I think this is the first surrender of its kind in the history of military warfare. The guy still had to dodge bullets and rockets from his own side when walking away from his position. I'm sure we will be seeing more of that in the near future.
This footage was also interesting:

Yes, I saw the video this morning. I think this is the first surrender of its kind in the history of military warfare. The guy still had to dodge bullets and rockets from his own side when walking away from his position. I'm sure we will be seeing more of that in the near future.
This footage was also interesting:

That was a boss move

Germany going hard on Air defense...yes to nukes.
German Luftwaffe with nukes? They don't have any. What Germany has are American controlled B61 nuclear weapons at Büchel air base. Those 'puppies' will fit on a fighter jet; it does not have to be a large bomber. All in the kiloton range. Built in the 1960s. Yes, they do need maintenance.

* Edit: I see it now. It is in the video.

Last edited:
Ukraine reportedly has difficulty making progress: "Extremely fierce fighting at the front"
Ukrainian forces have managed to advance their positions at Bakhmut and in the Zaporizhzhya region, but the Russian forces are offering very stiff resistance. This is what Ukraine's Deputy Minister of Defense Hanna Maljar writes on Telegram, according to the BBC.

According to Maljar, the Ukrainian counter-offensive has led to "extremely intense fighting". According to military sources from Western countries, Ukraine is finding it difficult to gain ground, as Russian forces have retreated to tactical defense lines. The successes that Kyiv has made have come at a cost.

"Russian forces have generally responded with strong defense from their well-prepared defensive positions," one of the sources said."

https://omni.se/senaste

The leader of the Russian mercenary Wagner group, Yevgeny Prigozhin, tells TV 2 that the group may have completed its last task in Ukraine.

They have been present in Ukraine more or less since 2014. They have helped Putin annex Crimea, invade Ukraine and take control of the city of Bakhmut.

But now it may be over with the presence of mercenaries from the private army Wagner Group in Ukraine. The leader of the group reveals this in a response to TV 2, which he has published both in writing and in an audio recording on the social media Telegram.

- Regarding Wagner's further work in Ukraine, I am not sure that we will work in Ukraine, writes Yevgeny Prigozhin in a written response to a series of questions that TV 2 Nyhederne has sent to the army leader.

The TV 2 program 'Kernen' already contacted Yevgeny Prigozhin in April - among other things to ask if Vladimir Putin is the right president of Russia.

- The questions are clearly provocative, and I have no intention of answering them, was the short written answer at the time from Yevgeny Prigozhin.

This time, however, he has chosen to partially answer the questions that we have asked him. He has posted his answers directly on his channel on the social media Telegram, and therefore the news that the Wagner group might disappear out of Ukraine has already spread to several international media.

full article

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/udland/2023-06-14-prigozjin-til-tv-2-vi-forsvinder-maaske-fra-ukraine

Germany going hard on Air defense...yes to nukes...

No to anti satellite...why? lol

I been looking on Google to collaborate the nuke story have not found any. That video needs to be collaborate before I believe it.

Rus ofc is playing psy op for mass media and are doing this pretty well...troll farms and brainwashed ppl too are helping them a lot.
Psy op called " huge ukr losses " is designed to reduce support for ukr in western society.

Ukr too looks that are playing their own psy op.
Exception is their obsession with bakhmut ara.

Otherwise looks that ukr are doing just some small probing...
Dosen't use more than 3 brigades...none from them is tank brigade.
They even doesn't use even large tank batallion type units...

Reactions: PEB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back