Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
One anonymous official is hardly an official US estimate. For them to back off their estimate as you claim they would have had to officially release one. You’re being intentionally dense.
This is the article people have been referencing when they say the floor is 7k. 100%. This is the article quoted on every major news outlet when they report the floor was 7k. It's the article refuted by CNN that I just posted prior. Everyone from Brian Stelter, to Jen Psaki, to Ben Shapiro, Marco Rubio were using this article as a reference.

I agree, it's a weak point of reference and I said so at the time. Complete and utter bullshit. Don't try to castigate me for it, I never believed it. Unfortunately the white house and western media at large did until a couple of days ago.

All you ever do in this thread is argue and play useful idiot from Russia's pov.
Great insight.
It's Kyyiv.

I'm an idiot, sure, but still much smarter than you and much more informed. Maybe you'll be useful one day.

One anonymous official is hardly an official US estimate. For them to back off their estimate as you claim they would have had to officially release one. You’re being intentionally dense.

Actually, even though the United States has the most advanced intelligence system on Earth that can watch every battlefield in Ukraine and monitor the communications on both sides.. they don't actually use it they just get their casualty estimates from "Pentagon coffee fetchers"

Is it? I think it's more cringy to run away by spamming "lol, didn't read," when you have no rebuttal, as opposed to just laughing at the guy for running away.
I can't have a rebuttal to something I have no plan on reading bud.

Actually, even though the United States has the most advanced intelligence system on Earth that can watch every battlefield in Ukraine and monitor the communications on both sides.. they don't actually use it they just get their casualty estimates from "Pentagon coffee fetchers"
So where's the number?
Link me up, bud.

Me: Posts multiple links that the entire Western Media has used as sources as to the number of casualties Russia has suffered
The Real Intellectuals: Those links are trash and don't make any sense. You need to stop believing what you read in Western Media.

Can't make this up. You guys are so attached to your narrative that you're like a snake eating itself at this point.

What happened to Kiev? :p
What happened to Kyiv? The fact that you'd disrespect the Ukrainian language in a time like this is despicable. No laughing matter.

Now if you don't mind I have to eat some pomme frites with my chicken kyyiv

I didn't say it was a brilliant strategy, that's you injecting your own bias into my argument.
I said it's his strategy. Not right, not brilliant, just what's happening

And the rest of us can conclude, given the high number of casualties taken and the failure to secure his military aims, that his strategy blows.

It's Newsweek saying that the narrative that he's stalled out or getting his ass kicked is wrong.

No. It's the comments from a retired Air Force Colonel who now works for the DIA, who argues that Putin could result to much more aggressive tactics. That's not an endorsement of the current strategy, nor a sign that Putin is doing well.

What happened to Kyiv? The fact that you'd disrespect the Ukrainian language in a time like this is despicable. No laughing matter.

Now if you don't mind I have to eat some pomme frites with my chicken kyyiv
Ukraine came up with the KyivNotKiev campaign, not me bud. Take it up with them.

And a recent US intelligence estimate placed the Russian death toll in Ukraine at roughly 7,000.

www.businessinsider.com/pro-kremlin-tabloid-nearly-10000-russian-troops-killed-ukraine-2022-3%3famp

I know, more Western propaganda.
Seven thousand Russian troops have been killed in battle so far, according to a US intelligence estimate reported by the New York Times,

Same article I just linked to @Source, who said it wasn't trustworthy

hahahaha
This is great.

And the rest of us can conclude, given the high number of casualties taken and the failure to secure his military aims, that his strategy blows.

No. It's the comments from a retired Air Force Colonel who now works for the DIA, who argues that Putin could result to much more aggressive tactics. That's not an endorsement of the current strategy, nor a sign that Putin is doing well.
I'm not endorsing the strategy either. I'm saying it's the strategy. What don't you get?

https://www.newsweek.com/putins-bombers-could-devastate-ukraine-hes-holding-back-heres-why-1690494
Putin's Bombers Could Devastate Ukraine But He's Holding Back. Here's Why

As destructive as the Ukraine war is, Russia is causing less damage and killing fewer civilians than it could, U.S. intelligence experts say.

Russia's conduct in the brutal war tells a different story than the widely accepted view that Vladimir Putin is intent on demolishing Ukraine and inflicting maximum civilian damage—and it reveals the Russian leader's strategic balancing act. If Russia were more intentionally destructive, the clamoring for U.S. and NATO intervention would be louder. And if Russia were all-in, Putin might find himself with no way out. Instead, his goal is to take enough territory on the ground to have something to negotiate with, while putting the government of Ukraine in a position where they have to negotiate.

"We need to understand Russia's actual conduct," says a retired Air Force officer, a lawyer by training who has been involved in approving targets for U.S. fights in Iraq and Afghanistan. The officer currently works as an analyst with a large military contractor advising the Pentagon and was granted anonymity in order to speak candidly.

"If we merely convince ourselves that Russia is bombing indiscriminately, or [that] it is failing to inflict more harm because its personnel are not up to the task or because it is technically inept, then we are not seeing the real conflict."

"I know it's hard ... to swallow that the carnage and destruction could be much worse than it is," says the DIA analyst. "But that's what the facts show. This suggests to me, at least, that Putin is not intentionally attacking civilians, that perhaps he is mindful that he needs to limit damage in order to leave an out for negotiations."

"I'm frustrated by the current narrative—that Russia is intentionally targeting civilians, that it is demolishing cities, and that Putin doesn't care. Such a distorted view stands in the way of finding an end before true disaster hits or the war spreads to the rest of Europe," the second U.S. Air Force officer says.

Heartbreaking images make it easy for the news to focus on the war's damage to buildings and lives. But in proportion to the intensity of the fighting (or Russia's capacity), things could indeed be much worse.

"I know that the news keeps repeating that Putin is targeting civilians, but there is no evidence that Russia is intentionally doing so," says the DIA analyst. "In fact, I'd say that Russian could be killing thousands more civilians if it wanted to."

Huh, Newsweek must be have been taken over by the Russians, they're saying the same shit I've been saying in here.
Destruction and occupation was never the goal, Kyiv was meant to split the army while they went to connect Russia to Crimea. If Putin really wanted to go all out they would’ve destroyed the power grid, railways and went straight into the agricultural heart.

Also need to drop the David vs Goliath aspect, Ukraine has the second largest army in Europe and has been nato funded and nato trained

Destruction and occupation was never the goal, Kyiv was meant to split the army while they went to connect Russia to Crimea. If Putin really wanted to go all out they would’ve destroyed the power grid, railways and went straight into the agricultural heart.
Bingo

You guys are very emotionally attached to a narrative that is collapsing in on itself. Might be time to take a step back and consider your starting point was rife with lies and not everything that points that out is Russian Propaganda.

Mariupol residents forced to go to Russia against their will, city council says

"Over the past week, several thousand Mariupol residents have been taken to Russian territory. The occupiers illegally took people from the Livoberezhny district and from the shelter in the sports club building, where more than a thousand people (mostly women and children) were hiding from the constant bombing,” the statement read.

Captured Mariupol residents were taken to camps where Russian forces checked their phones and documents, the city council said, and then were redirected to remote Russian cities."

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live...s-03-19-22/h_2e9c8826cd040f8dd4d8a21c5b3b6283

<WellThere>
Yup - there it is. We're watching a genocide, modern day, plain sight with social media to catpure a lot of it. And yet, some people are still arguing that Putin was backed into a corner and had no choice but to invade Ukraine. Just disgusting. Folks often ask 'how did Nazi Germany happen?' - modern day Russia is a case study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back