S--t you hate in video games.....

I LOVE the first post on how your partner is too fast for walk and too slow for run. This happens way too often.

I'll add in a few:

-I'm an old man complaining here on this but I still hate DLC. The price of it is always inflated compared to the content in the main game and it usually just feels like something that was cut from the main game because it wasn't as good.

-The fact that every single popular game in existence is getting a crappy PS4 port where it's upgraded to 60FPS when A) It's not needed and B) It's usually loaded with glitches.

-Games hiding content behind a code that's on the instruction booklet. Sucks when buying used.

-Single-player games having extensive MP trophies requiring hours to do.

-Randomized loot. Leave that stuff in the MMOs, please. Last thing I want is having to reload over and over to get the item I actually want.

-Games that have side content with good reasons to do it...but then doing that side content makes you overpowered so you flat-out demolish everything in the plot content. So many games do this.

-Mentioned before, but unskippable cutscenes. I don't mind them forcing us to watch them once...but any repeats need to be skippable. And any game that doesn't let you pause a cutscene needs to get with it.

-Also games that have "walking cutscenes" where you're getting dialogue but you're actively walking next to the guy. Assassin Creed does these and, of course, not only are they unskippable, you have to actually "play" them by slowly walking along with the guy.

-Games that have checkpoints in the middle of a bossfight. Come on, people.

Clearing out an area while losing most of your health and items battling the enemy, then you accidently go back to said area and get attacked by everything all over again.

Clearing out an area while losing most of your health and items battling the enemy, then you accidently go back to said area and get attacked by everything all over again.
First game I thought of. (Showing my age)

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(1989_video_game)_gameplay.png

Anything related to microtransactions, DLCs, purposeful grinding to make microtransactions more appealing, and taking out original content out of the initial development cycle to be sold later as DLCs.

$60 to buy / Pay $$$ to win - Multiplayer.

Thjs shit is becoming a fucking cancer to video games.
They always give the versions with expansions fancy names like "Deluxe Edition" or "Gold Edition" or "Enhanced Edition" however, they are starting to become a little more blunt.
Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Complete-Ann_10-04-17-808x454.jpg
Now it's "Complete Edition"

They always give the versions with expansions fancy names like "Deluxe Edition" or "Gold Edition" or "Enhanced Edition" however, they are starting to become a little more blunt.
Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Complete-Ann_10-04-17-808x454.jpg
Now it's "Complete Edition"

I prefer 'Game of the Year' edition.

I love the Witcher 3, but I hate how messy the alchemy/ingredient screens are. I also don't like how you have to make your way to a marker to fast travel.
I hate how you can't organize and group items so you know what to get rid of and what to save easier. Like I wanted to collect every sword and sell weaker duplicates but it was a pain in the ass without being able to properly sort.

The trope where you have to escape out of a cell, hospital or enemy base at the start . So over used.

Yeah when 12 games a year release a GOTY edition.

True.

Deluxe/Enhanced/Complete Edition is fine. I always check to see if everything is on the disc before I buy.

It still disappoints me that Mass Effect 2 never got a GOTY/Deluxe/Enhanced/Complete Edition.

EA is still selling its DLC for full price. GTFO.

RPG games where NPCs don't live within their means. I'm just some random homeless adventurer and I'm the richest guy in the world. Meanwhile there are kings living in palaces but they barely have any gold on them.

Unfair price gouging in RPGs. I'm busy trying to save the world. Meanwhile these asshole merchants are only offering me 10 gold pieces for a rare sword that they turn around and sell for thousands.

Unfair price gouging in RPGs. I'm busy trying to save the world. Meanwhile these asshole merchants are only offering me 10 gold pieces for a rare sword that they turn around and sell for thousands.
images-128.jpg

Witcher 3 is the champion imo. The game is a masterpiece, but having nothing worth of your time in the endless loot in the open world is travesty.

If they put a sign that said "You came here for nothing you idiot, everything in this chest is worthless", I'd be happier than finding a sword I have 40 in stock.

That was my ONLY gripe in that game. All those water dive looting was shit. And too many follow the scent side quests.

It would have been great if they had some meatier side mission with really worthwhile one of a kind armor/weapon loots. Especially if you could get different weapons like a mace, etc.

Still though, it's such a great game.

That was my ONLY gripe in that game. All those water dive looting was shit. And too many follow the scent side quests.

It would have been great if they had some meatier side mission with really worthwhile one of a kind armor/weapon loots. Especially if you could get different weapons like a mace, etc.

Still though, it's such a great game.

They more than made up for that by every single side mission having its own cut scene with characters and back story. And the map was filled with them. No other game has done that for all its side quests.

They more than made up for that by every single side mission having its own cut scene with characters and back story. And the map was filled with them. No other game has done that for all its side quests.
Yeah that threw me off. Had me confused as if I was on a main story mission or not

Anytime I die because a camera angle goes wonky.

Getting stuck in an open world game i.e. by jumping to a place I'm not supposed to and wind up getting stuck in a bunch of rocks that I can't jump out of.

In fighting games when some 100 pound character's quick jab cancels out a hulking beast's jumping power attack.

Any game where microtransactions can add up to some astronomical number. I think the Star Wars game got pinched for that, having to pay like $2,000 to unlock everything. Even little shitty handheld cellphone games that are free to download offer credit for like 70 bucks and shit - the same cost as a top notch console game.

Back in the day, SNK beat-em-up games use to always make you beat all the individual level bosses from earlier in the game in the last stage. Seemed like a total quarter grab.

Games with all sorts of dialogue options that never impact anything in the game.

What I find ruins a lot of otherwise good games are any FPS where the shots don't have any weight (i.e. it takes way too many bullets to put down an enemy). I also wish more games focused on changing enemies after first hit (like largely incapacitating them / having them limp around, or be on the ground but not dead).

Games with all sorts of dialogue options that never impact anything in the game.

This is what pissed me off about Fallout 4. Especially since in the previous game your dialogue choices made a major difference.

Back