Sad that UFC fans are becoming WWE fans

PEDRO IVO RUSSO MIRANDA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
OK, we all know UFC value much more a sloppy showman than a skilled "boring" guy.

From a sport perspective, Since when being "exciting" and " throwing heat" win figths ?
Its the same to give a soccer team who made most beautiful driblles the win over the one that score more goals.

I'm ok if you think DDP won (even through I dont agree)

But I'm really disappointed to see that a lot of people are picking dricus to win because of Sean's lack of "bloodlust" , or cause he was throwing only jabs.
Jabs aren't strikes ? Did you already got hitted by a square jab in your face?

I know UFC are going further and further away from being a "sport" and becoming a "show", but as a fan of combat sports I think its really sad people judging figths picking the most exciting man to win just because of that aspect.

Marching foward throwing explosive movements aren't always the most smart and skilled thing to do, aggression means nothing if you are punching the air and the guard

I'm gonna say again, I dont mind if you think DDP won, but I dont think saying Sean is boring fighter is a plausible justification.
i'm gonna watch it again and try hard as possible not being biased

I wouldn’t get too worried about it. It was a close fight and it wasn’t particularly good. Split decision that no one will care about or reference a few years from now. Far from the worst.
I'm OK with it, I've seem a lot of worst decisions than that.

But what bothers me is people justifying it cause one of the figthers are "boring".
I think overvaluing the entertainment aspect instead of focusing on the objective issues of the sport is very harmful in the long term.

Wow, I am learning a lot of reasons that DDP won today, including that those who don't think Sean won only feel this way because of politics, but now this- because DDP is a more exciting fighter? People really are clinging to Sean for dear life.

I'm OK with it, I've seem a lot of worst decisions than that.
But what bothers me is people justifying it cause one them are boring.
I think overvaluing the entertainment aspect instead of focusing on the objective issues of the sport is very harmful in the long term.

I don’t really think you’re wrong but this is kinda what we do. Combat sports is full of guys crying XYZ for why their guy won/should have won. Doesn’t mean they’ve ever been right but I doubt it stops anytime soon.

Wow, I am learning a lot of reasons that DDP won today, including that those who don't think Sean won only feel this way because of politics, but now this- because DDP is a more exciting fighter? People really are clinging to Sean for dear life.
For what tangible reason you think DDP won ? (Serious question)

OK, we all know UFC value much more a sloppy showman than a skilled "boring" guy.

From a sport perspective, Since when being "exciting" and " throwing heat" win figths ?
Its the same to give a soccer team who made most beautiful driblles the win over the one that score more goals.

But I'm really disappointed to see that a lot of people are picking dricus to win because of Sean's lack of "bloodlust" , or cause he was throwing only jabs.

I know UFC are going further and further away from being a "sport" and becoming a "show", but as a fan of combat sports I think its really sad people judging figths picking the most exciting man to win just because of that aspect.

Marching foward throwing explosive movements aren't always the most smart and skilled thing to do, aggression means nothing if you are punching the air and the guard

I'm gonna say again, I dont mind if you think DDP won, but I dont think saying Sean is boring fighter is a plausible justification.
The more I watch it the more clear it is to me that Strickland won. His jab was awesome and so was his defense. The idea that his jab was just gathering points is ridiculous. It was blasting DDP's face as DDP moved forward. It's why DDP gave Strickland so much credit in the post-fight press conference for his jab. He said it felt like he got hit with stone. You are right on the money with saying people don't appreciate the technical aspects of fighting. Strickland fought a very good fight. DDP is tough and competed hard. Strickland won the fight.

a lot of these people hating sean strickland are triggered liberals.

they are grasping at straws to avoid realizing the failures of their world view.
ROFL

Who is it that is triggered and having trouble accepting reality here? Sean lost and nothing will ever change that, and it has nothing to do with politics. You are swinging from his nuts because you agree with him politically, but that doesn't mean anyone else cares about it.

Sean = HUGE snowflake by every definition. Sniveling crying drama queen; cry me a river.

a lot of these people hating sean strickland are triggered liberals.

they are grasping at straws to avoid realizing the failures of their world view.
the damage argument doesnt work because DDP looks far worse.
the striking argument doesn't work, since Sean outlanded DDP 76 additional strikes, 36 significant strikes, rounds: 1, 3, 4, 5.
The cut argument doesn't work, since it came from an accidental headbutt
The wrestling argument doesn't work, since 0 takedown attempts brought the fight to the ground. Still 0 ground control, 0 ground strikes, 0 subs, 0 ground POSITIONS. Sean immediately gets up right away, after every attempt.
Their only argument is DDP, despite being outstriked, somehow landed the more damaging shots, while looking by far the most damaged. It's the kicks now!
There can be no attempt to reason with these morons. It's trust the xyience and numbers, until it isnt.
And if you tell them this, "they'll block you." because, because, just beacuse OK!!!!

ROFL

Who is it that is triggered and having trouble accepting reality here? Sean lost and nothing will ever change that, and it has nothing to do with politics. You are swinging from his nuts because you agree with him politically, but that doesn't mean anyone else cares about it.

Sean = HUGE snowflake by every definition. Sniveling crying drama queen; cry me a river.
Such a hilarious post, right?

Nope. You sound like a new fan

ROFL

Tbh I'm leftwing myself.
Dont agree with Sean politically, but UFC is a sport and should be judged by the tangible aspects.
You should be rewarded/punished by what you do, not what you say.

Pretty much the reason everyone else does- the aggressor the whole fight, more effective punches, TDs, etc. Jabs count, but not as much as harder punches. It was super close obviously.
But DDP got wobbled at least 2 times in the figth, Shouldn't it count as damage ?
OK he landed some takedown, but what he does with it? Dont advance positions, no GnP, No sub attempt...

Alot of MMA fans were already WWE fans.

Bottom line is people like to be entertained. That's why we watch sports. Different people find different things entertaining but when the majority are saying "boring", you can't really blame the fans. Its one of the few instances where the customer is always right. It's your job to entertain them, not their job to adjust to you

Back