Sad that UFC fans are becoming WWE fans

OK, we all know UFC value much more a sloppy showman than a skilled "boring" guy.

From a sport perspective, Since when being "exciting" and " throwing heat" win figths ?
Its the same to give a soccer team who made most beautiful driblles the win over the one that score more goals.

I'm ok if you think DDP won (even through I dont agree)

But I'm really disappointed to see that a lot of people are picking dricus to win because of Sean's lack of "bloodlust" , or cause he was throwing only jabs.
Jabs aren't strikes ? Did you already got hitted by a square jab in your face?

I know UFC are going further and further away from being a "sport" and becoming a "show", but as a fan of combat sports I think its really sad people judging figths picking the most exciting man to win just because of that aspect.

Marching foward throwing explosive movements aren't always the most smart and skilled thing to do, aggression means nothing if you are punching the air and the guard

I'm gonna say again, I dont mind if you think DDP won, but I dont think saying Sean is boring fighter is a plausible justification.
i'm gonna watch it again and try hard as possible not being biased

Ken_Shamrock_bio.png
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F0b352ddc-af3d-4f76-b378-e232d2062a7e_800x533.jpeg

OK, we all know UFC value much more a sloppy showman than a skilled "boring" guy.

From a sport perspective, Since when being "exciting" and " throwing heat" win figths ?
Its the same to give a soccer team who made most beautiful driblles the win over the one that score more goals.

But I'm really disappointed to see that a lot of people are picking dricus to win because of Sean's lack of "bloodlust" , or cause he was throwing only jabs.

I know UFC are going further and further away from being a "sport" and becoming a "show", but as a fan of combat sports I think its really sad people judging figths picking the most exciting man to win just because of that aspect.

Marching foward throwing explosive movements aren't always the most smart and skilled thing to do, aggression means nothing if you are punching the air and the guard

I'm gonna say again, I dont mind if you think DDP won, but I dont think saying Sean is boring fighter is a plausible justification.
WWE is about storylines so by your logic guys like Sean are turning it into WWE, but even this is dumb af, people saying this are bunch of wannabe tough guys, by saying this they are feeling good about themselves. ''I don't like WWE! I love real fight, i'm not some weak af guy like Daniel Cormier!''

I admittedly carried a bias into this fight and the performance unfortunately only further confirmed my biased opinion of these guys and their skills. I happen to think Strickland had better technique and fought a smart fight. I also happen to think he won the fight. I do think Dricus gave it everything he had and I commend him on rising to the occasion but I personally don't think it was enough. I do feel like grappling, moving forward, and large dramatic lunges and wild swings from Du Plessis were scored at times when they should not have been. I would never use the word robbery, it was a close fight but I think Sean got shortchanged on Saturday. Other than that I have no emotional investment in either guy but I do think the more skilled and more effective guy lost the decision.

WWE is about storylines so by your logic guys like Sean are turning it into WWE, but even this is dumb af, people saying this are bunch of wannabe tough guys, by saying this they are feeling good about themselves. ''I don't like WWE! I love real fight, i'm not some weak af guy like Daniel Cormier!''
I dont care about what fighter are saying, I'm not emotional invested in any UFC fighter (maybe I'm bit biased with Oliveira and Poatan)
I just think sports should be judged by the rules, and y'know WWE inst a serious competition, the results are all combined before the fight ( I'm not saying Sean vs Dricus was a robbery, or that was combined before. That's just what separate WWE from real sports, nothing against who likes it, I watch it a lot when I was kid)

I wouldn’t get too worried about it. It was a close fight and it wasn’t particularly good. Split decision that no one will care about or reference a few years from now. Far from the worst.
None of it matters but it feels good to debrief sometimes. Lol

Only the kids.

I admittedly carried a bias into this fight and the performance unfortunately only further confirmed my biased opinion of these guys and their skills. I happen to think Strickland had better technique and fought a smart fight. I also happen to think he won the fight. I do think Dricus gave it everything he had and I commend him on rising to the occasion but I personally don't think it was enough. I do feel like grappling, moving forward, and large dramatic lunges and wild swings from Du Plessis were scored at times when they should not have been. I would never use the word robbery, it was a close fight but I think Sean got shortchanged on Saturday. Other than that I have no emotional investment in either guy but I do think the more skilled and more effective guy lost the decision.
I dont think it was a robbery too, most like a bad decision.

But DDP got wobbled at least 2 times in the figth, Shouldn't it count as damage ?
OK he landed some takedown, but what he does with it? Dont advance positions, no GnP, No sub attempt...
I don't recall any time in the fight where I thought DDP was in trouble, and think his strikes were much harder than Sean's.

Been like that for a long time. I made a topic ressembling yours when I created my account, over ten years ago.
Ditto, 20 years ago.

There's actually nothing that special about the controversy surrounding this close fight. Every close big fight seems to get this much hysteria. Sean is a little more colorful than most and brings out those fans who like his shade, but that's always the case.

Tbh I'm leftwing myself.
Dont agree with Sean politically, but UFC is a sport and should be judged by the tangible aspects.
You should be rewarded/punished by what you do, not what you say.
You are being reasonable, therefore you don't qualify being a leftist in 2024. They have a cult. I aint even right wing, I'm just a humanitarian.

That fight was razor close, with multiple rounds that conceivably could go either way.

Anyone crying about it is demonstrating their own bias.

I don't recall any time in the fight where I thought DDP was in trouble, and think his strikes were much harder than Sean's.
Unfortunately I'm travelling so find the exact moments in cellphone would be a bit exhaustive now, but I'm pretty sure one rigth woblled dricus in the 1st, and I dont remember well the 2nd time, probably in 3rd or 2nd round.

Last edited:
I dont care about what fighter are saying, I'm not emotional invested in any UFC fighter (maybe I'm bit biased with Oliveira and Poatan)
I just think sports should be judged by the rules, and y'know WWE inst a serious competition, the results are all combined before the fight ( I'm not saying Sean vs Dricus was a robbery, or that was combined before. That's just what separate WWE from real sports, nothing against who likes it, I watch it a lot when I was kid)
1705972987804.png

Deal with it

Alot of MMA fans were already WWE fans.

Bottom line is people like to be entertained. That's why we watch sports. Different people find different things entertaining but when the majority are saying "boring", you can't really blame the fans. Its one of the few instances where the customer is always right. It's your job to entertain them, not their job to adjust to you

Lol bullshit....

This is some spoiled brat logic...

If you're finding high level fighting boring and prefer street fight level garbage then maybe this sport isnt for that viewer..theres always fake wrasslin or worldstar for that .

We are supposed to be seeing the greatest fighters on earth competing for supremacy ...not who can diss so and so dead relative better...

The sport was better when there was more true Martial artists around and less of these prize fighter types who have no respect for the origins of the game

The UFC use to mean , as real as it gets

a lot of these people hating sean strickland are triggered liberals.

they are grasping at straws to avoid realizing the failures of their world view.
LOL that might be the most transparent and obvious projecting I've ever seen. Where did the liberal touch you? Are they in the room with us?

a lot of these people hating sean strickland are triggered liberals.

they are grasping at straws to avoid realizing the failures of their world view.
I think you need to look at yourself in the mirror for a few minutes

Back