School shootings

Your entire premise was based on murderers picking different soft targets. Moving from schools to movie theaters was the specific example you gave.

Schools are such soft targets precisely because they are gun-free-zones, where it's safe to assume NO ONE is armed.

A murderer can't make that assumption at a movie theater in a carry state. I don't go to the movies unless im strapped up. And I'm not the only one.

1. There was a theater shooting in Tennesee.

2. This doesn't address my post. You think the problem is that there are too many soft targets. Other countries have plenty of soft targets and don't have these shootings, so your argument needs work. I've suggested twice that the problem is that we have hundreds of young people around the country who desire to murder a lot of people. Other countries do not have this problem. Do you disagree that this is the more central issue?

Can't do anything about it. Most of these kids are the losers of society, and treated like shit. Society will always treat the loser like shit, and a natural reaction to being persecuted by just about everything is to lash out. I think being nicer to people is probably a good idea, but I won't hold my breath. Not excusing these kids actions by any means, but it is what it is. Ban guns and they will become experts in explosives.

Why don't these things happen in the vast majority of countries?

So the official count is in. We had 14 school shootings this year so far. What the fuck is going on? Last year there was around 65 shootings on campuses. I remember when Columbine was a crazy incident, now it seems to be happening all the time. In January, there was better odds of a school shooting occurring than not somewhere in America each school day.

What do you think this we can do to change this? If gun bans are off the table, how can we change this horrifying trend?
If columbine happened today it would be a huge deal. They had the place covered in pipe bombs and had the whole pageantry of the trench coat mafia thing. No school shooting since has had such an impact for those reasons.

1. There was a theater shooting in Tennesee.

Yeah, and three military bases - two stateside - have been shot up in the past decade. And a few police stations. Those are outliers. Murderers pick schools because they're the easiest. Low risk, high reward (in the sick game they're playing).

2. This doesn't address my post. You think the problem is that there are too many soft targets. Other countries have plenty of soft targets and don't have these shootings, so your argument needs work. I've suggested twice that the problem is that we have hundreds of young people around the country who desire to murder a lot of people. Other countries do not have this problem. Do you disagree that this is the more central issue?

180127075649-10-kabul-blast-0127-exlarge-169.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/27/asia/afghanistan-kabul-blast-intl/index.html

Iraq
Afghanistan
Nigeria
Syria
Pakistan
Yemen
Somalia
Turkey
Libya
Egypth
Phillipines
The Congo
Sudan
Cameroon
Thailand
Ukraine
Ethiopia
Mali
Lebanon
Columbia
Chad
Israel
Myanmar
Mozambique
Tunisia
Kuwait
Mexico
Brazil
Colombia
Ecuador
Peru
Venezuala
Chile
Argentina

My dude, I could go on and on about countries with "murder problems". Most of these countries - guns are outlawed to normal citizens.

If you seriously think the U.S. has a murder problem, you need to travel more.

Yeah, and three military bases - two stateside - have been shot up in the past decade. And a few police stations. Those are outliers. Murderers pick schools because they're the easiest. Low risk, high reward (in the sick game they're playing).

Iraq
Afghanistan
Nigeria
Syria
Pakistan
Yemen
Somalia
Turkey
Libya
Egypth
Phillipines
The Congo
Sudan
Cameroon
Thailand
Ukraine
Ethiopia
Mali
Lebanon
Columbia
Chad
Israel
Myanmar
Mozambique
Tunisia
Kuwait
Mexico
Brazil
Colombia
Ecuador
Peru
Venezuala
Chile
Argentina

My dude, I could go on and on about countries with "murder problems". Most of these countries - guns are outlawed to normal citizens.

If you seriously think the U.S. has a murder problem, you need to travel more.

See, this is the annoying part of discussing with people like you. You know the difference between terrorism and these school shootings. But instead of just communicating like an adult, you want to constrain the discussion by forcing me to backtrack and delinate terms that we already agree upon.

Or are you really going to argue that the political, economic, and religious violence in Nigeria is the same as school shootings in America? If so, then sack up and argue it. If not, then we're done.

There are school shootings in every country. What more needs to be explained?

A lot, but I assume you would've done it by now if you actually believed it.

Don't let me interrupt your trolling. Carry on.

A lot, but I assume you would've done it by now if you actually believed it.

Don't let me interrupt your trolling. Carry on.
There's not a single country without a school shooting.

So the official count is in. We had 14 school shootings this year so far. What the fuck is going on?

The flu virus. Prediction is that 57,000 Americans will die from the flu this season. That is a shit load of people. Battle of Gettysburg had 51,000 casualties (killed, wounded, and missing). Not really sure how that is possible in the United States in the 21st century - the flu, not the Civil War. Other than the flu you have the usual violence on TV and movies, and mass shootings on the news. Could be a fad, you know how kids are.

Nothing is going to stop a determined shooter other than another armed individual.

Nothing.

End the prohibition against the carrying of arms in as many places as possible.

"The only way to end school shootings is more guns. Guns everywhere. Guns for everyone."

<{MingNope}>

So the official count is in. We had 14 school shootings this year so far. What the fuck is going on? Last year there was around 65 shootings on campuses. I remember when Columbine was a crazy incident, now it seems to be happening all the time. In January, there was better odds of a school shooting occurring than not somewhere in America each school day.

What do you think this we can do to change this? If gun bans are off the table, how can we change this horrifying trend?
All of the shooters were radical right wing extremists too. When will the right stop causing all this misery?

"The only way to end school shootings is more guns. Guns everywhere. Guns for everyone."

<{MingNope}>
Unless you have an actual retort, my argument still stands:

"Nothing is going to stop a determined shooter, other than another armed individual."

Since you're opening reply was an appeal to emotion, I suspect you may lack the capacity to actually formulate a retort to my argument.

Back