Second watch of Saul-GGG

Your post stated you gave Canelo FIVE rounds with 1 EVEN.

But I failed? You actually scored the fight for GGG dude!!

how is an even round scored, son?

EDIT: Oh shit. I had the 8th for Canelo as well. My bad.

I'm no boxing expert. But watched the fight two more times and still had it for GGG.

Any rematch is still GGG's fight to lose, despite the age gap and assuming his chin holds. He can make a number of adjustments. But this blown-up version of Canelo can't go 12 against GGG's pressure without huge breaks.

Oscar will probably try to age him out a bit more and there's the Canelo-Vegas situation, so who the fuck knows.

And thats different than every other Golovkin fight how?

Disagree about him dictating but whatever.

While i agree that Canelo is the more versatile fighter...the guy just doesn't possess a great gas tank. GGG has clearly aged to me...yet despite being the older fighter, he without question had better cardio. Canelo has gotten better, but waiting for GGG to get a little long in the tooth also helped make this fight competitive

I'm no boxing expert. But watched the fight two more times and still had it for GGG.

Any rematch is still GGG's fight to lose, despite the age gap and assuming his chin holds. He can make a number of adjustments. But this blown-up version of Canelo can't go 12 against GGG's pressure without huge breaks.

Oscar will probably try to age him out a bit more and there's the Canelo-Vegas situation, so who the fuck knows.

I agree. The gas tank issue will not go away for Canelo. GGG has aged...but despite being 8 years older he clearly had the better cardio. Canelo is the more versatile fighter and has def improved. But if your cardio is suspect you will put yourself in a rough patch unless you can overpower your opponent.

Also had canelo 7-5 but wouldn't argue with the draw.

Canelo just landed the better more telling blows on top of showing superb defense.

you really needed a 2nd viewing to see that GGG missed a lot?

GGG still out worked him and won. I don't see 7 rounds where canelo won. The thing that sucks is that canelo will wait on ggg getting older and then rematch him

youre failing to acknowledge the slickness factor

it doesnt matter if the other guy landed more punches than you if the other guy is "slick." most especially if he is backing up and laying on the ropes the majority of the fight.

thats even slicker and receives more points

its obvious that the 80 percent of the people that believe that golovkin won dont know shit about boxing and the sweet science of slickness

<mma4>

I said it first time I watched it , Canelo clearly lands the better shots. GGG was more active and pressed the action, lot of those rounds could of gone either way. Hard fight to score.

Had 7-5 Canelo but it was so close in my eyes. I was fine with the draw.

GGG threw more out but just had a lot of trouble landing those power shots. Canelo played defense a bit too much at times but he was much more accurate.

In the category of EFFECTIVE punching, he did. Like my post said. And in general. Ggg was worse for the wear by fights end, don't even pretend he wasn't.

Seriously....what fight were you watching?

GGG never looked hurt whereas canelo had a look on his face like jason was after him in camp crystal lake

youre failing to acknowledge the slickness factor

it doesnt matter if the other guy landed more punches than you if the other guy is "slick." most especially if he is backing up and laying on the ropes the majority of the fight.

thats even slicker and receives more points

its obvious that the 80 percent of the people that believe that golovkin won dont know shit about boxing and the sweet science of slickness

Defense is indeed 25% of the criteria that fights are scored with. Counting punches is not how you score a fight.

If your scoring criteria is based purely on significant blows landed this is a very close fight, but if you put any value in being the aggressor, punch quantity, and/or light scoring blows, it's a no-brainer for Golovkin.

I've watched it 3x. Still I had it 7-5 GGG. Initially I thought GGG was missing too much and Canelo's counters were really effective and piling up, but the middle rounds proved me wrong.

i just watched it for the first time and i thought GGG took it, seemed busier. but those later rounds canelo wakes up, it seems like he hurts GGG in the 10th but i dunno, i guess a draw makes sense but i'm not a boxing expert. it was a good fight though, and it was great to see 2 boxing greats actually try, unlike may/pac and may/mcgregor.

If your scoring criteria is based purely on significant blows landed this is a very close fight, but if you put any value in being the aggressor, punch quantity, and/or light scoring blows, it's a no-brainer for Golovkin.
Canelo landed more power punches in 7 out of the 12 rounds. I also don't think Golovkin's aggression was very effective.

GGG never looked hurt whereas canelo had a look on his face like jason was after him in camp crystal lake

Canelo never looked worried once. If anything, he looked to be goading GGG on to make him more emotional when he landed and didn't hurt Canelo like everyone thought he would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back