shadowboxing vs forms

^
could be...but each wai kru ram muay is so different from camp to camp...it's more showing off your skills indirectly and what camp you came out of, etc...the wai kru itself is merely a ritual to pay respects and pray for good luck and such

some fighters have beautiful wai krus...Kronphet has the prettiest wai kru i've ever seen...shit is like a dance

Lerdsila and others have more typical, traditional stuff

well, its not a set kata like in other arts and it isnt really used to perfect your skills but there are some skills shown (checking/balance/rhythm/etc) that relate to Muay Thai. its as close to kata as Muay Thai gets (which isnt that close really).

you could argue that the wai kru is a "form" (or kata, of sorts) for Muay Thai:

Yes, that's true, I knew someone was going to bring this up....but our gym doesn't waste time with this and I'm glad. although it's also argued that Wai Kru is a good stretching exercise, yet wasting everyone's time, especially the spectators'.

Main difference though, is that Wai Kru is just a few repetitive moves compared to the plethora of what's required in most TMA forms, especially when all of them requires such for belt promotion.

thoughts on the techniques in this form? 18 hands of lohan? any "high percentage" stuff in there?

Back