Sherdog Old Men Forum

Gonna be 34 this year. Cant believe it sometimes. For the first time ever I notice how easy it is to get a gut

All of you young punks with your original knees.

You have a replacement? How is it treating you?

The doc who fixed my ACL told me I was guaranteed one eventually.

I remember a time when:

- you needed a wiener longer than 1.5" when solid to qualify as a dude

- I could qualify for a job based on merit despite being white

- ask a girl to dance, maybe touch her butt without being charged for rape

- be respected for having best friends with different skin color rather than being judged as a passive racist

- thought that if I worked hard It'd get me somewhere, just like it would for Manuel

- condoms were better than aids

- cops generally deserved respect and if you did what they said you shouldn't throw a garbage can through a store-front window

- if you stood at attention and sang the anthem you weren't a racist bigot

- bike locks weren't for noggens

Etc.

42 later this year. I dont need an old person forum. I hang with the kids like im one of them. Yolo. Bling bling!

People who complain about growing older are, ironically, acting like crying babies. It's unseemly.

How about you stop bitching about having so much life, oh you poor thing, and maybe instead just enjoy the privilege of growing older, one that is denied to so many.

I normally like you but now I want to arm-wrestle you for the sweet taste of some fermented potato drippings in the root cellar and a gouge of Levi Garrett under the lip to take the edge off.

I will say this......I remember a time when companies wanted young hungry go getters. Now it’s mid 30s and up. Thank god these Millenials are terrible hires. In the last 2 years my fortune 100 company hired 26 people into their direct sales force. A very hard job to get. Killer interview process and aptitude tests......avg age hired: 46. They found its better to pay for experience p, than underpay youth that they have to blow out in a year. The soft costs in hiring and training are no joke.

All I want is to look at this every morning.

giphy.gif

What lead you to try Supartz injections?

I'm going to get a stem cell consultation next Monday. Have talked to several Docs before but never pulled the trigger on it since it wasn't covered by insurance and the out of pocket was quite high.

Goon I'm going to see Monday is said to have gotten the shots covered by insurance.

I will try if that's the case.
I got cortisone shots but they wore off too quickly. I wanted to get surgery, but the doc rejected it and recommended Supartz. I'm in the 2nd of 3 treatments. They said I should feel much better about two weeks after the 3rd. A

You have a replacement? How is it treating you?

The doc who fixed my ACL told me I was guaranteed one eventually.

My only regret is that I didn't get them done sooner. Get it done as soon as possible. Nothing else helps. They are pretty good at them these days. If you do the rehab you're pretty much back to normal in a few months and pain free.

I got cortisone shots but they wore off too quickly. I wanted to get surgery, but the doc rejected it and recommended Supartz. I'm in the 2nd of 3 treatments. They said I should feel much better about two weeks after the 3rd. A

Right on. Hope it works.

How are the looks holding up fellas? Or are you so old you just don't give a fuck anymore.

I'll be the first to admit I am not aging particularly well. Eyebrows are getting a mind of there own, starting to get age spots around my temple area, teeth don't look as nice as they used to, and there are a couple hairs growing out of the end of my nose. I'm trying to keep it tight, but its getting harder everyday.

When I was in my thirties, I would still get those "fuck me" looks from those early 20's honeys, now its more of the "what the fuck are you staring at you fucking pervert" looks.
Not long ago I could consistently pull numbers from women 10-15 years younger than myself with my looks, not throwing my money into it... which makes a difference now that looks don't get me as far. But I don't spend my money stupidly and the dumbest way to spend it is on some undeserving twat.

I normally like you but now I want to arm-wrestle you for the sweet taste of some fermented potato drippings in the root cellar and a gouge of Levi Garrett under the lip to take the edge off.

<31>

43 reporting in. Who wants to have riveting discussion comparing medication prices?

How are the looks holding up fellas? Or are you so old you just don't give a fuck anymore.

I'll be the first to admit I am not aging particularly well. Eyebrows are getting a mind of there own, starting to get age spots around my temple area, teeth don't look as nice as they used to, and there are a couple hairs growing out of the end of my nose. I'm trying to keep it tight, but its getting harder everyday.

When I was in my thirties, I would still get those "fuck me" looks from those early 20's honeys, now its more of the "what the fuck are you staring at you fucking pervert" looks.

I was actually thinking about it this morning. I wondered when the transition happened. Mind you, I went to a bush doof a few weeks ago and showed those young'uns how to dance and I was surrounded by younger women who seemed interested. Happily married though so behaved myself. This thread reminds me I'm 44 in 2 weeks.

Back