Simon Pegg misses George Lucas.....shots fired

True story:

I showed one of my Korean students (a middle aged soccer mom)
the lightsaber tossing scene...and she responded: "Is that real? Or if it a blooper/outtake of the actor joking?" She was being 100% serious. She had just watched TFA at home the day prior.

People who like that scene say "It's so consistent with Luke. It's just like how he tossed the lightsaber in ROTJ"....LOL actually it's like the exact opposite. One of them is him officially declaring himself a Jedi. The other is him saying "Fuck the Jedi"

I've seen even worse scenes that they took out, like Rose biting the ginger dude's finger and a storm Trooper slapping Finn's arse. It's a bad joke.

How about Blasters fired?
My gripe is I only have one like to give, would the powers be I would bestow upon you a shower of likes with which the galaxy has never seen

I've seen even worse scenes that they took out, like Rose biting the ginger dude's finger and a storm Trooper slapping Finn's arse. It's a bad joke.

The fact that those scenes were even filmed is scary.

Did you watch Plinkett's review of TLJ? He says the movie is actually structured like a madcap comedy. Where the characters keep getting in trouble by acting stupid. He compares it to the comedy "National Lampoon's Vacation".

The fact that those scenes were even filmed is scary.

Did you watch Plinkett's review of TLJ? He says the movie is actually structured like a madcap comedy. Where the characters keep getting in trouble by acting stupid. He compares it to the comedy "National Lampoon's Vacation".

Yeah, that breakdown was great and made a lot of sense. People making ridiculous choices to squeeze in loads of locations and reunite at the same location at the end. It really is a mess.

I know it's hard to believe that it was a good movie

rMD6hUL.jpg

“Shots fired first”

I don't live in the US anymore. I can't keep track of what's in style and out of style.

There are so many words that are apparently really taboo now, even in a joking manner: retarded, cunt, :eek::eek::eek:, "no homo"

I don't live in the US anymore. I can't keep track of what's in style and out of style.

There are so many words that are apparently really taboo now, even in a joking manner: retarded, cunt, :eek::eek::eek:, "no homo"

tumblr_n1ejxq9MUM1toamj8o1_400.gif

I think pretty much everyone agrees with him, it's just that he came out and said it. The first two films had this magic, and it's been decades of trying to recapture it. The setting has still only given us 2 great films, I think that's generally agreed?

It's refreshing to see someone from Hollywood 'break ranks' and admit that things haven't gone as well as they could have with the Disney series so far.

I think Abrams got it off to a good start, and I'd like to have seen where he would've taken the franchise if he was in full control for all of it, and they just scrapped the off shoots for a trilogy with him at the helm.

As is though, they simply have too many cooks in the kitchen.

I don't miss Lucas at all though. Yeah, TLJ sucked, but it was still leagues above the prequels. I'm not about to have any revisionist history on how those movies weren't as bad as they seemed. No. They were, and still are, fucking atrocious. This has not changed, and even the very worst of this new incarnation is still FAR better than any of those pieces of shit.

Ahhh I see his expectations were subverted as well

I think Abrams got it off to a good start, and I'd like to have seen where he would've taken the franchise if he was in full control for all of it, and they just scrapped the off shoots for a trilogy with him at the helm.

As is though, they simply have too many cooks in the kitchen.

I don't miss Lucas at all though. Yeah, TLJ sucked, but it was still leagues above the prequels. I'm not about to have any revisionist history on how those movies weren't as bad as they seemed. No. They were, and still are, fucking atrocious. This has not changed, and even the very worst of this new incarnation is still FAR better than any of those pieces of shit.
There is a absolute ton of retarded stuff in the prequels that doesn’t need to be there, that turns me off of them.

But they are still watchable to a point.

TLJ makes you angry on a whole different level that some asswhole for his own satisfaction would fuck with 40yrs of fans feelings because he wanted to divide the fan base.

He should not have been chosen. He’s always been that way.

Terrible mother fucking choice. And why don’t they have fucking writers writing the script and let the directors direct.

Skip to like 1:25 or so if you want to go straight to rian talking about how he wants people to hate his movies.

I don't miss Lucas at all though. .

Post Empire Lucas can pound sand.

Watching Return you can literally see in the movie when his wife was leaving him.

It goes straight from being a SW movie dark in Jaba’s Hideout , force chocking bitches, dropping alien strippers into Racor pits to fucking tedddy bears in space.

While I loved the movie as a kid, the older I got the less I liked it and saw the change in Lucas in the film.

It was originally supposed to be on Kashyk not Endor and be Wookiee instead of Ewok and he made the change for the kids.

He changed everything as much as he could to a younger age kids vibe, because he lost his wife and kids.

His interviews after wards are weird the way he talks about life and kids. You can see it totally fucked him emotionally when she left him.

There is a absolute ton of retarded stuff in the prequels that doesn’t need to be there, that turns me off of them.

But they are still watchable to a point.

I completely disagree. They are so poorly executed as films. The scripts are terribly overstuffed, they're boring as all hell, and they're terribly cast and acted. I can't think of one positive element from the prequels, other than the last one that at the very least resembled an action adventure flick.

As bad as the TLJ was(and it was), it was at least watchable. The visuals are strong. The actors are game, and if you have no real personal connection to the franchise and don't take it all that seriously, it's a completely adequate time waster of an action flick. The prequels on the hand fail on every single level, so much so that when you're not cringing, you'll be sleeping. There is seriously no enjoyment on any level to be had from them. They are some of the worst movies ever made.

TLJ makes you angry on a whole different level that some asswhole for his own satisfaction would fuck with 40yrs of fans feelings because he wanted to divide the fan base.

I agree that he was a poor choice, and the tantrums he threw over the backlash proved what a twat he is. I still think he made a better movie than any of the prequels though.

The biggest flaw I found with TLJ was that it closed off plot threads that should be built upon for the finale. I'm still pretty damn curious at where they intend to go with it for the finale. That movie killed everything. It was everything you're not supposed to do with a middle chapter. Its mind boggling to me at how no producer read that script, and questioned where the fuck it was going, and how they are supposed to follow up on it.

I completely disagree. They are so poorly executed as films. The scripts are terribly overstuffed, they're boring as all hell, and they're terribly cast and acted. I can't think of one positive element from the prequels, other than the last one that at the very least resembled an action adventure flick.

As bad as the TLJ was(and it was), it was at least watchable. The visuals are strong. The actors are game, and if you have no real personal connection to the franchise and don't take it all that seriously, it's a completely adequate time waster of an action flick. The prequels on the hand fail on every single level, so much so that when you're not cringing, you'll be sleeping. There is seriously no enjoyment on any level to be had from them. They are some of the worst movies ever made.

I agree that he was a poor choice, and the tantrums he threw over the backlash proved what a twat he is. I still think he made a better movie than any of the prequels though.

The biggest flaw I found with TLJ was that it closed off plot threads that should be built upon for the finale. I'm still pretty damn curious at where they intend to go with it for the finale. That movie killed everything. It was everything you're not supposed to do with a middle chapter. Its mind boggling to me at how no producer read that script, and questioned where the fuck it was going, and how they are supposed to follow up on it.

That’s the biggest gripe between the two TFA and TLJ at LEAST with tfa there was something to look forward too.

TLJ killed it ALL, it’s like ok what Now? Who cares.

I feel that 9 will be the worst of them all, because JJ is trying to cram to much shot into one movie to fix TLJ and tell 9’s story at the same time.

There really isn’t enough time. Needs to be 9 AND 10 to do it right.

That’s how bad TLJ fucked it up. And rian did it on purpose.

At least they have subverted Rians expectations by not giving him his own trilogy anymore.

"Shots fired" sounded stupid 3 years ago . Enough already, speak like a normal person.
"Shots fired" is decades old. It's not an internet thing.

Also while the prequels were dumb as fuck they were consistent and kept moving forward.

And we had no expectations really for the characters so thier directions while disappointing in a lot of ways didn’t insite pure anger and hatred for what they did.

Clone wars cartoon added a bunch of shit that made needless plot holes as well, like R2 going to degobah with yoda and not crashing.

So R2 would have known yoda, told luke who he was and would have been able to navigate degobah without crashing. Since he had done it before.

It’s like they just kept throwing in plot holes to have known characters in it for no reason.

Watching clone wars with my kids i can say the clone wars anakin was much better than prequal anakin though.

Back