Simon Pegg misses George Lucas.....shots fired

I think Abrams got it off to a good start, and I'd like to have seen where he would've taken the franchise if he was in full control for all of it, and they just scrapped the off shoots for a trilogy with him at the helm.

As is though, they simply have too many cooks in the kitchen.

I don't miss Lucas at all though. Yeah, TLJ sucked, but it was still leagues above the prequels. I'm not about to have any revisionist history on how those movies weren't as bad as they seemed. No. They were, and still are, fucking atrocious. This has not changed, and even the very worst of this new incarnation is still FAR better than any of those pieces of shit.
the revisionist history is that the prequels were horrendous. There’s even a Psychology Today article about it. They got good reviews and audience satisfaction when they came out. Nothing like The Last Jedi.

the revisionist history is that the prequels were horrendous. There’s even a Psychology Today article about it. They got good reviews and audience satisfaction when they came out. Nothing like The Last Jedi.

People were definitely blinded by the prequels back in the day. A bit more understandable though, as the hype was out of this world. However, its hard to tell how the audience truly felt about them, as we didn't have social media back then to measure. We just went by ticket sales. By the same measure, you would think TLJ was loved too, as it got great critical reviews and was a BO hit too. Its blow back and criticism was just more immediate.

My point though, is that I've noticed more forgiveness for the prequels as of late, due to the hate of this new incarnation, as if they were somehow not as bad as we thought, because these new ones are just "soooo bad", or whatever. I don't agree with that. The prequels were every bit as bad as we thought before these new movies hit. They just aren't so fresh in the mind. I can only imagine that the people who are saying that, haven't actually watched them recently, and are just using them to shit on the new ones.

Finally watched the documentary "The Director and the Jedi"

Man, Mark Hamill was miserable during the filming of the movie.

He never smiles or laughs when he is with Rian. I only see him smiling and laughing with other crew members and actors.

There's a bit where the Producer Bergman acts like Mark Hamill is too entitled:

Bergman: "He thought he was gonna be Luke Skywalker of this trilogy. But he isn't Luke Skywalker in this trilogy. He's Obi"

Then Bergman is talking to Rob Inch about the Rey vs. Luke fight scene, and how Mark Hamill is being difficult w/ them or something:

Rob: "Mark wants to do more "

Bergman: "Well what is his concern? Oh, the fight with Daisy?"

Rob: "He keeps saying he's been talking to fans through tweets and telling them Luke is gonna come back a certain way and he is worried about their reaction. He wants to twist this into more about Luke giving her a lesson....he told me 'Listen I'm not a delusional 64 year old man' "

Clearly they are referring to Rey defeating Luke in combat.

Finally watched the documentary "The Director and the Jedi"

Man, Mark Hamill was miserable during the filming of the movie.

He never smiles or laughs when he is with Rian. I only see him smiling and laughing with other crew members and actors.

There's a bit where the Producer Bergman acts like Mark Hamill is too entitled:

Bergman: "He thought he was gonna be Luke Skywalker of this trilogy. But he isn't Luke Skywalker in this trilogy. He's Obi"

Then Bergman is talking to Rob Inch about the Rey vs. Luke fight scene, and how Mark Hamill is being difficult w/ them or something:

Rob: "Mark wants to do more "

Bergman: "Well what is his concern? Oh, the fight with Daisy?"

Rob: "He keeps saying he's been talking to fans through tweets and telling them Luke is gonna come back a certain way and he is worried about their reaction. He wants to twist this into more about Luke giving her a lesson....he told me 'Listen I'm not a delusional 64 year old man' "

Clearly they are referring to Rey defeating Luke in combat.
I keep hearing this “Rey defeating Luke” and don’t get it.

He was toying with her with a stick until she pulled the saber out and he fell back and caught himself with the force.

Pretty sure he could have yanked the saber from her with the force easily if he wanted to and hacked her up.

I keep hearing this “Rey defeating Luke” and don’t get it.

He was toying with her with a stick until she pulled the saber out and he fell back and caught himself with the force.

Pretty sure he could have yanked the saber from her with the force easily if he wanted to and hacked her up.

Ok I rewatched it on youtube. Rey runs behind Luke and strikes him (dirty move) with her staff then he force pulls a metal rod or something and defends himself with it. She is attacking him with so much screaming and aggression, then he easily disarms her, then she pulls the lightsaber and Luke falls down but uses the force to keep him afloat and she sees his hand using the force which makes her decide to lower the lightsaber.

Rey was channeling Dark Side level of aggression and behavior in this scene.

Last edited:
Back