So recently I bought a number of American candy and sweets

American chocolate sucks. I also tried twinkies out of morbid fascination. Absolutely vile.

Do you know what's funny...all their food packaging has a warning "may cause hyperactivity in children and adults" & y'all still eat that shit? Can't relate.
It does unless you know what to buy, but then, British chocolate also sucks, and it doesn't really matter what you know; knowledge of confectioners won't spare you. It's all bad.

The Germans and Austrians shame us all. The Swiss are amazing, but a tad overrated.

American chocolate is pretty terrible, but there is some good shit out there.
It's not like there's candy that's good for you anyways.
While pure US chocolate is no good, US does make good mixed chocolate stuff
Reeses cups, Snickers, and Almond Joy are GOAT level candies

Apple pie flavored oreos is an abomination. That can't taste good.
I live abroad though and I have seen a ton of weirdo Oreo flavors here that i never saw back in the states. I saw raspberry the other day at a convenience store

It does unless you know what to buy, but then, British chocolate also sucks, and it doesn't really matter what you know; knowledge of confectioners won't spare you. It's all bad.

The Germans and Austrians shame us all. The Swiss are amazing, but a tad overrated.
yeah, we have a discount european store called lidl which sells absolutely amazing european chocolate. the different is astounding. yum

Who has the best chocolate in the world tho

Swiss?

Do ya have to export it to have others process it?

yep we have a lot of artificially flavored shit here. even 'naturally flavored' shit is.. well basically artificial.

are youu sure about that last part about everything being 'natural' though? that doesnt seem... true

100% sure. Everything you find has to be natural.

100% sure. Everything you find has to be natural.
well, youre 100% wrong.

http://effa.eu/eu-legislation/flavouring-regulation

'no distinction is made between nature-identical and artificial flavouring substances, both of which will be regarded as “Flavouring substances”.'

You have many products that label the addition of 'flavourings'. By EU regulation, this can be either artificial or natural. Only if it is labeled 'natural flavourings' is it necessitated to be natural. Quite simply, all they did was drop the word artificial.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to flat out ban artificial flavors. And furthermore, requiring natural flavor, and "everyone you find has to be natural", are two absolutely different things.

Yeah American chocolate is garbage. It's incredibly "greasy tasting, unless you get it dark. Some of the candy is good, but not chocolate

My bullshit meter was on high alert so I had to do a quick google.

"The Twix bar was originated in the United Kingdom in 1967"
If it is a product of Mars, an American company, created by Forrest Mars, an American businessman, then doesn't that make it an American product, regardless if it was first promoted in the UK prior to release elsewhere? :)

well, youre 100% wrong.

http://effa.eu/eu-legislation/flavouring-regulation

'no distinction is made between nature-identical and artificial flavouring substances, both of which will be regarded as “Flavouring substances”.'

You have many products that label the addition of 'flavourings'. By EU regulation, this can be either artificial or natural. Only if it is labeled 'natural flavourings' is it necessitated to be natural. Quite simply, all they did was drop the word artificial.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to flat out ban artificial flavors. And furthermore, requiring natural flavor, and "everyone you find has to be natural", are two absolutely different things.
.... making the googling I just done pointless

Never really was big on these, but they're ok.

If I had to pick 3 US candy bars to eat today, I would choose 100 Grand, Milky Way Midnight, and Twix.

Twix ain't a US bar. It was invented in 1967 UK.

Back