Some of you think that a man trained by Owen Roddy and John Kavanagh will beat Floyd Mayweather

How on earth is that even relevant here?

I'm on your side buddy, but you done fvcked up here. It is relevant, because your boy Eddie got straight thrashed at Conor's hands. It was literally a highlight reel for Conor.

So you're trying to discredit Conor's guys, sounds a little butthurt.

Like I said, I'm on your side though. These guys that Conor has are like Edmond... they happened to befriend a guy who's on top right now. Good for them. But to think that you're going to get trained up to fight Floyd Mayweather with some side part named Rodney Owen is ridiculous. Roddy Owens and Kavanaugh are wave-riders in this era of Bro-science. Aubrey Marcus (Onnit) and Joe Rogan caught that wave at its peak... Crossfit is somewhere on that wave. It is this notion of "innovation" (which I guess is good)... where old is new again (kettlebells)... AND where you think you are going to come by and revolutionize a game... with Bro science (i.e. pseudo science).

Now, Conor's guys got him thinking floppy arms is some new way to train boxing, or whateve the fvck else they're doing over there, getting ready for the fight. Skipping rope, sparring, speed bag, heavy bag, maybe catching a running chicken or two, that shit is time-tested.

I didn't, but i do think Floyd will clown Conor, You know, there's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference between outboxing Eddie Alvarez and outboxing Floyd. Most of you Conor supporters don't understand this.
dude just shut up. You haven't a clue what I understand or don't and you clearly didn't understand the point of my post

I'm on your side buddy, but you done fvcked up here. It is relevant, because your boy Eddie got straight thrashed at Conor's hands. It was literally a highlight reel for Conor.

Like I said, I'm on your side though. These guys that Conor has are like Edmond... they happened to befriend a guy who's on top right now. Good for them. But to think that you're going to get trained up to fight Floyd Mayweather with some side part named Rodney Owen is ridiculous. Roddy Owens and Kavanaugh are wave-riders in this era of Bro-science. Aubrey Marcus (Onnit) and Joe Rogan caught that wave at its peak... Crossfit is somewhere on that wave. It is this notion of "innovation" (which I guess is good)... where old is new again (kettlebells)... AND where you think you are going to come by and revolutionize a game... with Bro science (i.e. pseudo science).

Now, Conor's guys got him thinking floppy arms is some new way to train boxing, or whateve the fvck else they're doing over there, getting ready for the fight. Skipping rope, sparring, speed bag, heavy bag, maybe catching a running chicken or two, that shit is time-tested.

I see your point but 49 professional boxers have tried the conventional way and failed against floyd. For conor to go through all the conventional training, it would take years to get to the point where other boxers are and still fail.

His only chance is to go about this the unconventional way, the strange way. Conor will definitely not try to outbox floyd, he even said that. He will try to be unconventional and whatever happens, happens. He is certainly not stupid though and knows what he is doing.

Some ppl are really butt hurt about Conor fans supporting their guy , there is no shame in it , are they biased ? sure so what ? i think the majority of Conor fans around here acknowledge Floyd is the favorite but they believe Conor can do it , let them enjoy the ride and enjoy the fight for as long as it last , if Conor somehow wins then it will be one of the greatest day of their combat sport fan lives which is great , why everyone here who believes Floyd is gonna win feels its so important to convince others that they are dumb and don't understand anything ?
I don't mind some banter but ppl here go to crazy length to judge and derate other posters to a point of obsession.
I believe Floyd will win , and i hope Conor good luck in anything he does , he is crazy entertaining and a really good fighter on his own right.
For the Conor fans , enjoy it , it will be CRAZY fun come weigh in and the atmosphere will be CRAZYYYYYY come fight night !!!!

Let this sink in.

Owen Roddy, a man who wasn't good enough to make it beyond the regional MMA scene is this man's boxing coach. Where is Owen Roddy's boxing credentials? I tried to find them with a quick Google search...

"Owen Roddy Boxing", "Owen Roddy Boxing champion(ships)" and "Owen Roddy Boxing credentials".

Nothing came up. No records. No amateur credentials. No regional titles. No nothing.

Irish Edmond next.

A fake black belt in BJJ is his head coach and is supposedly putting in "good work" with Conor in preparation for a boxing match. What the hell does John Kavanagh know about boxing? Why is he standing in the ring topless and sweaty as if to say he was actually sparring.

Guy was 3-3 in MMA and even though he was this vaunted "black belt" he was submitted - doesn't even know about Jits never mind boxing. Where was Conor's defensive Jits against Nate or Chad?

This shit is sooo laughable it actually hurts my abdomen.

Guy's fight camp consists of:

A 11-4 failed MMA fighter of a boxing coach.

A plastic BJJ black belt who is also a failed MMA fighter, dude was a straight up 3-3 can.

A guy with a 13-13-1 MMA record who is only in the UFC because he's mates with Conor.

A bunch of nameless sparring partners who strike poses of them getting ground and pounded for Conor's promotional wagon - even though it's a boxing match and said techniques are not even fucking legal.

A guy who literally stayed in the camp for about 5 days, who is a former world championship level boxer, but in reality has only ever been a journeyman/gatekeeper of a fighter - in Paulie Malignaggi.

Cotto, Hatton, Khan, Porter, Garcia - 5 best opponents Paulie ever faced and lost to them all, stopped by 4.

Paulie's last high-level win was Senchenko 5 years ago and before that it was Diaz 8 years ago.

If this was anyone else without the name Conor McGregor, you'd laugh him out of town.

Neither Owen or Kav will go in the ring to fight Floyd.

You are only as good as your taught, at the end of the day it's your talent that shines through in the fight.

Owen Roddy is more there to brainstorm tactics with McGregor and figure out opponents and new shots and the like.

McGregor is the main striking coach of team McGregor.

i have never seen john kavanagh behave in any way like Edmond. it's a shit comparison.

Let this sink in.

Owen Roddy, a man who wasn't good enough to make it beyond the regional MMA scene is this man's boxing coach. Where is Owen Roddy's boxing credentials? I tried to find them with a quick Google search...

"Owen Roddy Boxing", "Owen Roddy Boxing champion(ships)" and "Owen Roddy Boxing credentials".

Nothing came up. No records. No amateur credentials. No regional titles. No nothing.

Irish Edmond next.

A fake black belt in BJJ is his head coach and is supposedly putting in "good work" with Conor in preparation for a boxing match. What the hell does John Kavanagh know about boxing? Why is he standing in the ring topless and sweaty as if to say he was actually sparring.

Guy was 3-3 in MMA and even though he was this vaunted "black belt" he was submitted - doesn't even know about Jits never mind boxing. Where was Conor's defensive Jits against Nate or Chad?

A plastic BJJ black belt who is also a failed MMA fighter, dude was a straight up 3-3 can.

A guy with a 13-13-1 MMA record who is only in the UFC because he's mates with Conor.

A bunch of nameless sparring partners who strike poses of them getting ground and pounded for Conor's promotional wagon - even though it's a boxing match and said techniques are not even fucking legal.

A guy who literally stayed in the camp for about 5 days, who is a former world championship level boxer, but in reality has only ever been a journeyman/gatekeeper of a fighter - in Paulie Malignaggi.

Cotto, Hatton, Khan, Porter, Garcia - 5 best opponents Paulie ever faced and lost to them all, stopped by 4.

Paulie's last high-level win was Senchenko 5 years ago and before that it was Diaz 8 years ago.

If this was anyone else without the name Conor McGregor, you'd laugh him out of town.

This plus the fact Conor can't box for shit is why I've put $550 odd mayweather by stoppage. Posted the $450 last weekend decided to add another $100 this week..easy money might put some more before the fight.

I see your point but 49 professional boxers have tried the conventional way and failed against floyd. For conor to go through all the conventional training, it would take years to get to the point where other boxers are and still fail.

His only chance is to go about this the unconventional way, the strange way. Conor will definitely not try to outbox floyd, he even said that. He will try to be unconventional and whatever happens, happens. He is certainly not stupid though and knows what he is doing.

See, the problem with that theory is that, that isn't Conor's style anyway. He doesn't wildly come in, wing shots, take chances... he comes in, measured, focused, throwing shots, and countering. He boxes. (MMA style, that is). He might say he will try and be unconventional (whatever that means... I mean, switching stances isn't a novel idea in boxing). The other issue that people seem to forget (always citing how Floyd will have to adjust to Conor), that Conor will have no trouble adjusting to Floyd. Because I guess 49-0, former P4P greats, come walking through the gym all the time!

Conor is going to have to adjust to Floyd... at the same time, he's going to (according to him) roll out a new style, a style that isn't his style of fighting? Conor has been sparring in preparation for the greatest boxer of all-time (arguably), with Paul Malignaggi (however long he was there) and Artem Lobov. In other words, Steph Curry was getting ready to play Lebron James by practicing against--me.

Floyd will circle left, pop in and out with combos, work Conor's body... by Round 4, we will see 8-minute mark Conor (in MMA), where his activity level falls off. At that point, he will resort back to his regular style, Floyd will pick him apart from inactivity, and somewhere between 4-8, Mills Lane comes in to save Conor.

My god, the amount of ignorance in this thread is absolutely mind-boggling.

Let this sink in.

Irish Edmond next.

OK man, I can't let this slide. You're entitled to your opinion but there are so many biased falsities in here that I just have to correct you.

1. Owen Roddy was, for a time, one of the best mixed martial artists in Europe. He would have absolutely been signed to fight for the UFC had he not been forced to retire through injury. His last fight was a very close loss to former #1 UFC contender Wilson Reis. Roddy is renowned by people in the industry (AKA not you) as one of the best striking coaches in Europe and the best pads man there is.

2. You can get the hell out of here with your 'Irish Edmund' crap. Kavanagh is a proven coach, has brought Conor McGregor from being a teenager with amateur boxing experience to being among the best fighters in the history of the sport. Kavanagh has several champions who have trained under him. He's not a boxer, and was just in there to move around with McGregor.

3. Kavanagh is a legit black belt. His lineage can be traced to Mitsuya Maeda, via Matt Thornton, Carlos Gracie Jr & Sr, etc.

Clearly you have an ax to grind here and, as other have pointed out, it's indisputable that you don't like McGregor or anything to do with him. You have also been flat wrong in all of your predictions.

You honestly thought that Eddie Alvarez had a chance against McGregor? Man, maybe it's time to delete your account.

Let this sink in.

Irish Edmond next.

Hopefully by fight night this will be a pickem fight odds

That's true.

Lyoto is a fraud too who got choked out by a white belt. Guy doesn't even know how to tap out.

All these bad coaches with no credentials. Phil Jackson was a bencher FFS. How is he going to coach teams into multiple championships. TS is the smartest person on flat Earf!!

Lmao, yet another shitty Conor thread from Natural Born Shit Thread Maker.

11 Conor threads since mid-June, you're obsessed buddeh.

He's obsessed with Conor and your obsessed with keeping tabs on ts?
How do you remember who starts what thread on here?

That's true.

Lyoto is a fraud too who got choked out by a white belt. Guy doesn't even know how to tap out.

All these bad coaches with no credentials. Phil Jackson was a bencher FFS. How is he going to coach teams into multiple championships. TS is the smartest person on flat Earf!!

You don't see the difference of a man that played professionally and then coached the same sport to a guy that never boxed professionally and is now a boxing trainer for a fight?
I'll state the obvious to you. Boxing, kickboxing, muay Thai and MMA are all different sports.

Im going to the Gracie academy for their must thai and boxing minds as you can't deny what they've done for MMA. And their ability to teach.
That's your logic.

You don't see the difference of a man that played professionally and then coached the same sport to a guy that never boxed professionally and is now a boxing trainer for a fight?
I'll state the obvious to you. Boxing, kickboxing, muay Thai and MMA are all different sports.

Im going to the Gracie academy for their must thai and boxing minds as you can't deny what they've done for MMA. And their ability to teach.
That's your logic.
By that logic how did they trained Conor into a 2 weight champ of the highest caliber?

Your logic would also apply to Conor's MMA career, albeit to a lesser extent. This has been a "criticism" of his for years yet the proof is in the pudding. Conor is a brilliant fighter. I know you guys want to act like he's some kind of dope brawler or something, but he is extremely intelligent and finds true value from being surrounded by people he trusts and give him full support.

We've seen many attempts at the iron sharpening iron method and Conor has clearly proven he is an exception. If he's going to lose it's far better to lose with the team that got him here than a bunch of strangers looking to get a buck that have no faith in him.

Back