SRL vs Mayweather Sr was a brutal fight

Dang. I forgot how savage that era was. Boxing has changed so much in a short time. Every weekend there were insane fights. The atmosphere has changed too.

sr. is still so bitter about this fight. even a couple months ago he was telling sugar ray he wants to fight him again. srl was better, but a healthy floyd would have had a better showing.

jeff mayweather said he thinks had floyd stayed healthy/ out of trouble, he was perhaps the best of the three brothers. and considering how he idolized roger, that is saying quite a lot
Yah, Floyd reminds me of Aleks and Roger is like Fedor: he did not accomplish as much, have the recognition, but he seemed the most talented and troubled. They say being too talented can actually be a disadvantage and work against you, destroy work ethic and discipline because things come so easy. The fact all of them were so good, and Floyd TBE, just proves that there is a lot more than just talent, and boxing is a craft that takes tons of teaching, hardwork, craftsmanship and skill. I bet you could take a D level athlete, put them in that household, have em boxing all the time and they would end up a good boxer.

Prime SRL would beat anyone from WW to Super MW today. Dude had it all.

and that just shows what a monster Roberto Duran was at his best.

Unmatched mental strenght and ring tactics.

sr. is still so bitter about this fight. even a couple months ago he was telling sugar ray he wants to fight him again. srl was better, but a healthy floyd would have had a better showing.

jeff mayweather said he thinks had floyd stayed healthy/ out of trouble, he was perhaps the best of the three brothers. and considering how he idolized roger, that is saying quite a lot
leonard wasnt 100% either

Leonard was one mean motherfucker.

at least cocaine. Both were known coke heads, prop meth heads to.

I think Floyd Jr is p4p as good as SRL, if not better. But SRL was bigger, and I think he would have beaten Floyd pretty handily at 147.

absofuckinglutely not

at least cocaine. Both were known coke heads, prop meth heads to.

I think Floyd Jr is p4p as good as SRL, if not better. But SRL was bigger, and I think he would have beaten Floyd pretty handily at 147.

I agree, but I think it would of been a tight, dull affair

Leonard would likely win 10-2 or 9-3., but all the rounds would of been close.

I just think with Ray's natural size and a bit more killer instinct, would see him go on to edge the rounds.

Floyd is too good to be outclassed here and would certainly have his moments.

The only real advantage I give Floyd is his Defence and possibly I.Q (though ray was a very intelligent fighter himself, barring the first Duran fight)

I agree, but I think it would of been a tight, dull affair

Leonard would likely win 10-2 or 9-3., but all the rounds would of been close.

I just think with Ray's natural size and a bit more killer instinct, would see him go on to edge the rounds.

Floyd is too good to be outclassed here and would certainly have his moments.

The only real advantage I give Floyd is his Defence and possibly I.Q (though ray was a very intelligent fighter himself, barring the first Duran fight)

It would be really interesting to see how Floyd's shoulder roll would work vs the 2 handed shoe shining SRL was capable off. It would be hard for Floyd to slip in the counter right, due to SRL's hand speed and and size. I mean, people would point to the Floyd Sr fight, but Sr is not nearly as good as Jr.

In terms of fantasy match ups, it wouldn't be the most exciting, but it is one I would like to see the most.

Eh, a lot of people agree tho. Why would SRL be rated higher than Floyd?

Better resume, bigger, stronger, faster, just as strong fight IQ and more well rounded fighter.

Floyd is good, an ATG but he isn't nearly one of the GOAT's.

Eh, a lot of people agree tho. Why would SRL be rated higher than Floyd?
SRL resume is superior to floyds

I am not a floyd hater but the retiring undefeated deal should set off alarms in every boxing fan in terms of strength of resume

It would be really interesting to see how Floyd's shoulder roll would work vs the 2 handed shoe shining SRL was capable off. It would be hard for Floyd to slip in the counter right, due to SRL's hand speed and and size. I mean, people would point to the Floyd Sr fight, but Sr is not nearly as good as Jr.

In terms of fantasy match ups, it wouldn't be the most exciting, but it is one I would like to see the most.

It's an intriguing fight and one for the purists!

Would Floyd dare go on the offensive vs Leonard and leave himself open to Ray's flurries and superior power? It would be his only way to win.

I can't imagine check hooks and straight rights would be enough to overcome SRL.

Floyd definitely aged better than Ray and if it was an older Ray, then I think floyd would do enough for a decision.

I might be alone on this, but I think Floyd in his mid 30's was every bit as good, or dare I say better than when he was pretty boy. Like Hopkins, he seemed to get better with age.

I really want to find a way for Floyd to win this fight but I am struggling. Ray is just as good and that bit bigger with more power.

Lol, what kind of logic do you guys have?

Better resume, bigger, stronger, faster, just as strong fight IQ and more well rounded fighter.

Floyd is good, an ATG but he isn't nearly one of the GOAT's.

bigger and stronger doesn't matter in ATG rankings. And the rest is debatable.

And how is someone an All Time Great, but not one of the Greatest of All Time?

SRL resume is superior to floyds

but the retiring undefeated deal should set off alarms in every boxing fan in terms of strength of resume

Your opinion is SRLs resume is better, but a lot of people would say Floyd has a lot more top 10 wins, no losses.

And if SRL had won the first Duran fight (had terrible game plan), he would have been undefeated.... if not for a terrible comeback, which was ill-advised... How is retiring before the typical ill-fated late career fights a bad thing?

Yikes.

Your opinion is SRLs resume is better, but a lot of people would say Floyd has a lot more top 10 wins, no losses.

And if SRL had won the first Duran fight (had terrible game plan), he would have been undefeated.... if not for a terrible comeback, which was ill-advised... How is retiring before the typical ill-fated late career fights a bad thing?

Yikes.

Hey, retard, glad you exposed your disability. Bigger, faster, stronger, tougher opposition, and fight IQ matter in a H2H match up.

GOAT is usually reserved for the best or arguably one of the best of all time in boxing. an ATG is usually one of the best in their era, but not necessarily the best. Example: Miguel Cotto is an ATG, but not a GOAT contender. I don't think SRL is the GOAT of his weight class or in general, but you could argue it. You can't make a good argument for Floyd.

Yikes.
I’ll respond to my part. Not sure what the other discussion is about

Floyd does have more top ten wins i suppose. But in terms of strength of resume, SRL is better. What is Floyds best win even? Ricky Hatton at WW who had just squeaked by Luis Collazo?

I guess if you just want to do names Oscar, Manny or Shane. But were they not all pretty faded ( really faded in oscar and shanes case)?

I actually think floyd is in the top 15-20 p4p all time. I just dont think his resume is better than Rays.

And i am not sure what you are referring to with the ill advised late fight stuff?

Hey, retard, glad you exposed your disability. Bigger, faster, stronger, tougher opposition, and fight IQ matter in a H2H match up.

GOAT is usually reserved for the best or arguably one of the best of all time in boxing. an ATG is usually one of the best in their era, but not necessarily the best. Example: Miguel Cotto is an ATG, but not a GOAT contender. I don't think SRL is the GOAT of his weight class or in general, but you could argue it. You can't make a good argument for Floyd.

My disability? Read my posts, before interjecting yourself dipshit

But SRL was bigger, and I think he would have beaten Floyd pretty handily at 147.

And if you don't think SRL is a GOAT at WW or in general, but is an ATG like Floyd is.. but they some how are not comparable?

Lol, and Miguel Cotto is not an ATG the way Floyd is. What a idiot.

Back