STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Okay that is fair enough.

But his feats in the canon alone are more than enough to back up every point I made.

Not at all. His greatest feat is barely defeating a crippled Vader who is a shell of himself, can barely breathe, and needs to be encased in armor just to stay alive. That's the only time we've seen him face off against another Jedi.

Meanwhile throughout the whole trilogy we see him constantly complaining about things and struggling. I mean just because he mans up at the end doesn't make him a complete badass.

The movies are exploring the scenario of what would happen if everything went to shit after the trilogy. He is trusted to train his best friend and sister's child and fails miserably. He fails Ben, fails Han, and fails Leia. He fails his other students who either get murdered or go along with Ben. His Jedi academy is burned to the ground. After all this happens he chooses to go into exile. Just like both Yoda and Obi-Wan before him.

Makes sense to me. I mean he's nowhere close to as strong as Yoda and look what ends up happening to him.

Just because he stood up to his father in the last movie doesn't make him a superhero. Palpatine would've ended him without Vader turning.
Ok.

He wasn't a "whiny milk drinking bitch" though.

It's bad and still made a billion dollars

Harrison Ford did well taken a easy 50 million paycheck to be killed off permanently

It's bad and still made a billion dollars

Harrison Ford did well taken a easy 50 million paycheck to be killed off permanently

Matt Hammill had an even easier payday

How much money did he make to show up and remove a hoodie hood with no lines

Seriously I want to know

It's a 3/10 film but I like bad movies so I didn't hate it like the rest of you guys.

Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Captain Phasma are throw away characters in this new sequel trilogy.
They are poorly written into the screenplay.

And Maz annoys the fuck out of me.
Can't stand the way she looks.
She has no purpose in the film.
The characters ask her questions and she doesn't say a damn thing useful to the plot.

Ok.

He wasn't a "whiny milk drinking bitch" though.

He literally drank milk on the regular. And yes, he was whiny. Whined all throughout his Jedi training. Beating a cripple in a sword fight doesn't change that.

He literally drank milk on the regular. And yes, he was whiny. Whined all throughout his Jedi training.
And midway through his training he stopped whining and became a man.

Which was kind of the point of the training.

Do you get this is how hero stories work?

I also watched this movie - had a lengthy profile chat about it on my profile page

My first sherdog drunk movie night live reaction thing

Yeah man I think the worst was how bad aged Luke was. What a bitch

What a fuck you to the audiences expectations lmao

It's like I'm here to be trained! and Luke's like "No I'm going to hide in my room!!"

Chewbacca had to tear the door down and he was just such a disappinting Jedi master

Seriously after 30 years I wanted to see Master Jedi Luke do cool Master Jedi luke shit! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Luke in Ben's room: OH FUCK I'M GUNNA KILL THIS KID WITH A LIGHT SABER RIGHT NOW CAUSE HE'S KINDA GOTHY

I mean fuck what was that

And then when Rey saw the dark thing in the lake he had another spaz and left : YOU LOOKED AT THE DARK SHIT!!!

Then Luke goes to destroy the Jedi books ... like wtf but WAIT Yoda shows up and is like "hold my beer" and blows it up first!

The only cool thing Luke did the whole movie was at the end ... BUT HE WASN'T EVEN THERE!! Then he was really sleepy and died

????

Seriously tho, wanted to see Master Luke to something awesome, a skilled dignified light saber duel or something but we get

hqdefault.jpg

So HAWT

Skywalker went out like a bitch aswell, it's sad.

Fucking LOL at Luke Skywalker being scared of that big nosed bastard Kylo Ren aswell, do they think we are stupid or something? Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever and has defeated the best the Empire has offered for years his tales are legendary in the expanded universe and we are told he is scared of a teenager?
Sadly, Luke (in canon) is only a mid level Jedi who made no lasting impact in his world. The Empire he “defeated” came back stronger with a more powerful leader. The school he started failed miserably. His protege turned evil. Then he went into hiding for 20 years and grew into a bitter and cynical old man.
That’s not the Luke we wanted, but that’s the that’s the Luke They gave us. And he’s dead now, so he can’t be redeemed.

After waiting 30-something years anyone who signed off on the idea that Luke Skywalker does nothing and never touches a light saber again should be terminated instantly.

It would be like making a Michael Jordan movie but not adding in anything that has to do with him playing basketball.

No thanks.

I absolutely hated it. I liked Rogue One so I had high hopes but it was just horrible on every level

I gave it a 2/10. I expected very little and was still surprised at how bad it was. Worst movie I've seen in years. It's just so shocking to see so many people not only give it good reviews, but think it's amazing. During the whole movie I was thinking "what the fuck am I watching. Is this really a star was movie?" Garbage.

I gave it a 2/10. I expected very little and was still surprised at how bad it was. Worst movie I've seen in years. It's just so shocking to see so many people not only give it good reviews, but think it's amazing. During the whole movie I was thinking "what the fuck am I watching. Is this really a star was movie?" Garbage.

ok, Good...I'm not alone then. This was the exact feeling I had.

I mean, even in the stupidest scenes in Attack of the Clones, I still felt I was watching a Star Wars movie...

but yea, this is easily one of the worst "big budget films" I've seen in a while.

Alien Covenant
X-Men Apocalpyse were equally bad.

Didn't Disney say the expanded universe isn't canon?

Lets be real, Luke was a whiny milk drinking bitch in the original trilogy.

7f224238-4518-464b-8def-87a2f0a31c4d-milk.jpg

No he wasn’t. He was a typical kid who wanted to spread his wings and not live his life on some sand rock until he dies.

I'm just glad that this is a thread that even Conservatives, Moderates and liberals can all agree on.

Only a select few liked this film...

and I can safely assume they also probably liked the Transformers Films

Whats really funny is early reviews before the movie came out were saying how awesome it is and how it could be the best Star Wars movie yet lol.

Back