STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
You’re a cool straight guy tho. So my bad

rey-in-bed.jpg

Better?

It has nothing to do with being in or out of character. It has to do with the over all mythos of the dark and the light.

Even Yoda spent all his years not letting the darker parts of him come out. As detailed in the clone wars cartoon series.

So every being, including all Jedi have the same type of battle going on.
Right and we watched him go through thst struggle and trimuph in the OT. He's the most hopeful and idealistic character in the series.

Can time radically change a persons core values? Sure. But you have to SHOW that.

Right and we watched him go through thst struggle and trimuph in the OT. He's the most hopeful and idealistic character in the series.

Can time radically change a persons core values? Sure. But you have to SHOW that.

Apparently you're not hip to the new school of screenwriting.

Plot and character development and all of that really is a lot of work.

Your hero gets what he/she wants because zir is super awesome inside and everyone else is a poopyhead.

it was a fleeting moment, that he saw that "kid" killing everyone else he loved.

But to your point... the self-defeatist was about to let his friends die on cloud city when he gave up trying to remove the x-wing from the swamp... so this is a pattern he had in his inner psych. He even bitched about "I'm never going to get off this planet" when Uncle had him stay for another season. I'm just saying that it's a re-occuring inner part of his psychology from childhood.

The real elephant in the room is why Obi didn''t raise him from infancy & keep him from developing such self-defeatist attitudez.
The x-wing lifting scene happened BEFORE the vision of cloud city. After the vision the movie cuts to Leia and Han scenes, then the next scene on Degobah is Luke getting ready to leave.

lol at using a complaint made at the very beginning of the first movie before any character development as an example of him always being self-defeatist

That’s not true at all because in the old novels he turned to the dark side at one point.

You couldn’t post an uglier looking face if you tried. You should be ashamed
She’s hot as fuck, that’s a “junk yard “ scene and not the most flattering but it’s not supposed to be either.

Other pics of her are

tenor.gif

She’s hot as fuck, that’s a “junk yard “ scene and not the most flattering but it’s not supposed to be either.

Other pics of her are

tenor.gif

Probably looking at her pointy elbows. "Vomit"

Apparently you're not hip to the new school of screenwriting.

Plot and character development and all of that really is a lot of work.

Your hero gets what he/she wants because zir is super awesome inside and everyone else is a poopyhead.
That and they can't show the actual story onscreen. Everyone is supposed to do supplemental homework because they can't do character or world building.

I would guess it's because after the initial entertainment factor wears off people can more clearly see it's many flaws. It gets worse with age.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/156687225/

Getting his lightsaber ready to kill a family member because of a "fleeting moment". Sounds legit.
If you saw a vision of your nephew killing everyone else in your family, & you knew it would come to pass... would you save that one family member's life in order to let the others die?

Your obvious retort is that you would try & work it out with him & change what you saw, & that's exactly what Luke had been doing for the years prior... & don't forget that the whole reason Leia talked Luke into training him was because Kylo was already going dark. So Luke had been on this mission for years & after all his effort, & was already likely feeling like it was futile... he saw all the people Kylo waz going to kill & he freaked... but then exactly what Luke deducted quickly is that he would try again.

The x-wing lifting scene happened BEFORE the vision of cloud city. After the vision the movie cuts to Leia and Han scenes, then the next scene on Degobah is Luke getting ready to leave.

What are you on about here? If you're just talking about the semantics of exactly when he knew he needed to go to cloud city specifically, that's not even relevant to the point that he was leaving to save his friends.

The whole reason Luke wanted to leave Degobah was because he knew Han & Leia were in danger. Instead of rocking up like a G.... his pussy got in the way & he decided to let them die instead of rocking up.

lol at using a complaint made at the very beginning of the first movie before any character development as an example of him always being self-defeatist

Luke was a whiney little bitch throughout the entire first 2 movies. that was just one little example, & yes it is a good example of his inner attitudes I mentioned here. Instead of saying "okay, one more season & then I'll split"... his whiney little tendencies had him pouting off saying that he will never leave.

This is the same Luke we see in TLJ. He's still a great hero... because he rocked up despite his weaknesses. If anything, his little whiney bitch ass makes him less perfect, which you all would've complained about him being "too perfect" as well, had they presented him that way. So embrace his whiney ass, & accept that he reverted to the same tendencies that he always had in his old age.

This discussion about why Luke didn't want to rock up in TLJ does go deeper though. Lucas always had this thing about how the force always balances itself out. It's just like how Snoke said "Darkness rises & the light to meet it." This was Snoke explaining to us how the force seeks balance. he understood that as Kylo got stronger, that the light would rock up. It works the other way too though. If Light rises... then the dark will rise to meet it.

So Luke knowing all this from his handy library of ancient text felt like him rocking up with the Jedi academy actually gave power to the darkside, which overflowed into his nephew in order for the force to balance out. So Luke's decision to shut himself off from the force & not become this god like dynamo that we all imagined he could be.... makes perfect sense, & wasn't necessarily coming from a place of him giving up... but has more to do with his understanding of the force.

Ad in a year or 2 in isolation after making that call... to become grumpy about how he felt him rocking up may be the whole reason the dark rose to such a height, & so he blames himself & promises he will never rock up again... & you get the Luke we saw in TLJ.

Last edited:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/156687225/

If you saw a vision of your nephew killing everyone else in your family, & you knew it would come to pass... would you save that one family member's life in order to let the others die?

Your obvious retort is that you would try & work it out with him & change what you saw, & that's exactly what Luke had been doing for the years prior... & don't forget that the whole reason Leia talked Luke into training him was because Kylo was already going dark. So Luke had been on this mission for years & after all his effort, & was already likely feeling like it was futile... he saw all the people Kylo waz going to kill & he freaked... but then exactly what Luke deducted quickly is that he would try again.

What are you on about here? If you're just talking about the semantics of exactly when he knew he needed to go to cloud city specifically, that's not even relevant to the point that he was leaving to save his friends.

The whole reason Luke wanted to leave Degobah was because he knew Han & Leia were in danger. Instead of rocking up like a G.... his pussy got in the way & he decided to let them die instead of rocking up.

Luke was a whiney little bitch throughout the entire first 2 movies. that was just one little example, & yes it is a good example of his inner attitudes I mentioned here. Instead of saying "okay, one more season & then I'll split"... his whiney little tendencies had him pouting off saying that he will never leave.

This is the same Luke we see in TLJ. He's still a great hero... because he rocked up despite his weaknesses. If anything, his little whiney bitch ass makes him less perfect, which you all would've complained about that as well. So embrace his whiney ass, & accept that he reverted to the same tendencies that he always had in his old age.

This discussion about why Luke didn't want to rock up in TLJ does go deeper though. Lucas always had this thing about how the force always balances itself out. It's just like how Snoke said "Darkness rises & the light to meet it." This was Snoke explaining to us how the force seeks balance. he understood that as Kylo got stronger, that the light would rock up. It works the other way too though. If Light rises... then the dark will rise to meet it.

So Luke knowing all this from his handy library of ancient text felt like him rocking up with the Jedi academy actually gave power to the darkside, which overflowed into his nephew in order for the force to balance out. So Luke's decision to not become this god like dynamo that we all imagined he could be.... makes perfect sense, & wasn't necessarily coming from a place of him giving up... but has more to do with his understanding of the force.

Ad in a year or 2 in isolation after making that call... to become grumpy about how he felt him rocking up may be the whole reason the dark rose to such a height, & so he blames himself & promises he will never rock up again... & you get the Luke we saw in TLJ.

Yesus your still here with these long winded star wars defense posts? You like them and excuse their faults. Other people don't for valid reasons. Move on.

Yesus your still here with these long winded star wars defense posts? You like them and excuse their faults. Other people don't for valid reasons. Move on.
I don't defend anything. I speak my mind how I see it. This is a discussion forum designed for the interchange of ideas in a thread designed specifically for people to discuss TLJ.

Don't look now, but you're still here as well.

200.gif

*and I'm not Jesus.... not the real Jesus... but if you want to be baptized I'll be happy to hook you up. :D

Irrelevant because he didn't know that the vision would come to pass. It's not in Lukes character to murder his nephew because of one vision that he obviously doesn't even have confidence in anyway.

Amazing that this movie has been out for 2 years and we're still arguing about it.

BtJS7nx.jpeg

I just wanna hate-fuck a Rey cosplayer.

I mean you don't need to show the exact moment of their change but it should be implied.

TLJ all round though is one of the most embarrassing films ever made when it comes to undue self confidence, thinking its come to educate the great unwashed about the simplistic nature of blockbusters whilst trying to ignore the franchise in question had already moved past that in a much more adult fashion than it can ever manage.

Again I would say a lot of the appeal of the original films is that they existing halfway between new Hollywood and entertainment blockbuster. ANH story wise is of course mostly a heroes journey but made by a director with a good eye for selling exotic locations as realistic and having his characters behave in a similar fashion. JJ Abrams is nothing like this, he's a hack film maker who's style is deliberately cartoonish and simplistic so its no supprise having him set the tone for the sequels failed to recreate the originals.

Some suits at Disney/Lucasfilm saw his success with Trek(whilst ignoring the franchise was tanking quickly) and hired him to recreate the same thing for them to get a return on their purchase ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back