STARFIELD discussion

9dddcdd24462bf5d4173f1f36e47ba5d.jpg

Honestly, I could see it. Supposedly the entire reason for the delay until September was just for polish and bug squashing.

Also, even though Bethesda is know for lots of bugs on launch, I think people started to get pretty dramatic about it. Like every game was "broken" on release, "had to wait for modders to fix it", etc. I've played basically every Bethesda game on release since Morrowind and never had any nightmares, just some annoyances. Ironically I think New Vegas really sealed their reputation as releasing bug filled games. Even though they didnt actually develop it that game was pretty goddamn buggy, I think way buggier than Bethesda games, and it just sort of feeds the narrative, because gamers are whiny and stupid.

Honestly, I could see it. Supposedly the entire reason for the delay until September was just for polish and bug squashing.

Also, even though Bethesda is know for lots of bugs on launch, I think people started to get pretty dramatic about it. Like every game was "broken" on release, "had to wait for modders to fix it", etc. I've played basically every Bethesda game on release since Morrowind and never had any nightmares, just some annoyances. Ironically I think New Vegas really sealed their reputation as releasing bug filled games. Even though they didnt actually develop it that game was pretty goddamn buggy, I think way buggier than Bethesda games, and it just sort of feeds the narrative, because gamers are whiny and stupid.

You've also got a bunch of PS3 players of the past, that probably don't have the highest opinion of Bethesda, considering that they were basically told to eat shit when they complained about the horrible performance issues with their games on PS3. "Fallout 3" was apparently a nightmare to play on PS3, and they stopped supporting it because they didn't really understand the PS3's hardware. In fairness, I think that's when most games were better optimized on the 360, because developers were really struggling to wrap their heads around the PS3.

You've also got a bunch of PS3 players of the past, that probably don't have the highest opinion of Bethesda, considering that they were basically told to eat shit when they complained about the horrible performance issues with their games on PS3. "Fallout 3" was apparently a nightmare to play on PS3, and they stopped supporting it because they didn't really understand the PS3's hardware. In fairness, I think that's when most games were better optimized on the 360, because developers were really struggling to wrap their heads around the PS3.

Fair. I never played Bethesda games on consoles but I imagine it could have been a horrorshow.

The amount of save files i had was laughable due to the save file bug the game had on there, if your file got to a certain size after a few hours the game would freeze or crash so constantly had to keep making saves just in case

Entire planet explorable.

Could have probably benefited from the addition of vehicles.

Man, Im really glad BG was released a month prior to this game.

I keep confusing this and Star Citizen. Looks like at least one of them is finally getting released.

I keep confusing this and Star Citizen. Looks like at least one of them is finally getting released.

Recent news that came out about Star Citizen is absolutely hilarious, lol.

Haven't checked it out i guess a 40 minute gameplay video leaked

Just saw the leaked footage. Why is leaked footage always the worst camera quality combined with the worst player lol.

Give us one last trailer to get extra hype for this game, it really ticks all of my RPG boxes

Same here. I've seen a gameplay trailer, a live action trailer and an animation trailer. Now give us a final kick ass mega trailer.

I've been trying to avoid as much footage as I can. I honestly don't even know what the game is about. Other than your in space, have a spaceship and can go to other planets. I want to keep the mystery alive.

They're wasting resources when they could've made Fallout 5

Getting super close to the release date! September 6th can’t come soon enough.

Mod note: Threaded new discussion here on Game Pass merits; all relevant posts migrated in excision.

Let’s keep this for game talk. Thanks, fellas

Personally regard Oblivion as the best BGS title, so I'm definitely in for this comparison.

Is it better to install the game on a PC or just play it on GeForce Now or Boosteroid?

Entire planet explorable.

Could have probably benefited from the addition of vehicles.

This was debunked by a leak, if you walk far enough you get hit by an invisible wall and cannot proceed further. Game will probably be as good as Fallout 4 but I feel for the people expecting this to be what Todd Howard claimed while he was hyping it up

Back