Starz's BLACK SAILS (Season 4 Discussion)

Stoked for the new season. Gonna hold off and wait for a binge watch as I enjoyed each season more when I could watch the episodes back to back.

This is and the expanse are the only recent series I've watched twice on purpose. First season of mr robot too i guess.

One of the best shows out there.

First episode started out with a bang. Hope they don't ease up on the action in the next few episodes.

Premiere did not disappoint.

Hilarious how the alliance is already in disarray.

Holy crap this week was brutal.

RIP.

I do not like what they are doing with Edward Teach. They make him out to the be the OG pirate, pirate of all pirates, and

He is defeating by a Woodes Rogers hiding in the basement of the ship. Why did he not go down swinging. I am sure he knew what will happen to him once he is captured alive.

But that whole using a human for a barnacle scrapper is pretty nasty stuff. This show pulls no punches, and that is why I like it. Did they actually do that in real life?

First episode started out with a bang. Hope they don't ease up on the action in the next few episodes.
There's been very little breathing room this series, it seems like shit is turned up to 11 every episode.

Just finished season 2. Pretty underrated show, IMO.

This show... WOW. I fucking love this show and I cannot believe how brutal this 4th season has gotten, just, WOW.

I think they're going for the most brutal final season (or any season) of any show ever -- at least of any show that I've seen. I can't believe there are 6 full episodes left, I feel like so much has already happened to start the season.

But that whole using a human for a barnacle scrapper is pretty nasty stuff. This show pulls no punches, and that is why I like it. Did they actually do that in real life?

[/spoiler]

It's called keel hauling.

It was a nautical execution.

How are there not more people talking about this awesome show?

Another solid episode, although one part should definitely have ended in death.

Im pissed how they handled teach. They make him the GOAT badass on the show, then give him 3 minutes worth of screentime and pull that bullshit on him.

They need to release a prequel season just to cover Black Beard's backstory, like they did on Spartacus.

How are there not more people talking about this awesome show?

Another solid episode, although one part should definitely have ended in death.
well for me i am. doing what I always. do 4 shows i tend to really enjoy i wait tell its over 2 binge watch it. i really hate having 2 wait a week for show if i am. really into it thats why i like Netflix shows

Love Black Sails. Just hard watching it end, kind of bittersweet. Only show of it's kind. Miss Vane, not quite the same without him.

That Blackbeard death was fucking brutal. Hard to watch but a good death.

Flint has always been my favorite character. Complicated guy, good actor, p4p #1 public speaker/hypeman. But ever since Silver peg stomped Dufrense's head into mush he's been right up there. The best scenes in the show are the one's with their interactions.

Also Isreal Hands is a badass MF. Solid casting.

Real life mother and son.
#mindblown

medium-clean.jpg

MV5BM2U3MjI4NjMtYzZiOC00NTdkLTliOWUtMDYxZGEwZjgyNzYyL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg0NjU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTY3MTUwNDU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjcwMDY4NQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1501,1000_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Rackham is one of my all-time favorite TV characters, period.

He's just so freaking fantastically written. Toby Schmitz is marvelous. I hope someone out there in the studios is paying attention because he needs to get more roles. Give him the good stuff. No matter how you feel about this series, and I agree it's grossly underrated, every scene with Rackham in it is electrifying; in particular this season. He's been the best thing about pretty much every episode he's been in, lately.

Him telling off Max in his classic sarcastic style was the highlight of this week, no doubt.

MV5BMTA1MjAzNDk4NDVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDM0NDIwNDcx._V1_SY1000_SX1500_AL_.jpg

This last season for Black Sails has been great so far.

Really enjoyed all the scenes with Grandma Guthrie.

Just wow.... last 2 episodes slowed it down but this last one set up the end of the show so well... holy shit, we are set up for an epic final 3 episodes to this show.

This might go down as the best final season ever.

Back