Stipe Miocic vs. Francis N'Gannou - Heavyweight Title

I knew it, Fancis only had a minute to finish the fight. He has no technique or skill other than standing and throwing an upper cut punch... I was surprised how stupid Overeem fought ....knowing his own history of getting knocked the F out.

Francis got exposed:
- No take down defense.
- No defense on the ground, no technique to block, move or get out of the position.
- No defense when being humped
- Only one upper cut.

Previous fighters were just lost in awe of his hype. His cardio sucked considering Stipe was lighter than him. He was done with in few minutes of the fight.

Herb should have stopped the fight ... he basically did NOTHING .... most of the fight...

Seriously? Stipe was moving in slow motion after the 3d. Stipe DID look bad (after the first 2 rounds), Ngannou just looked much much worse. He gassed worse then any HW in a title fight ever
You don't see how incredibly gruelling those first 2 rounds were? 30 pounds difference in weight is a fuckload, and he are some big shots that would have ended most fights.

He did a great job.

You don't see how incredibly gruelling those first 2 rounds were? 30 pounds difference in weight is a fuckload, and he are some big shots that would have ended most fights.

He did a great job.

He is the UFC fucking champ! He is and should be held to higher standards. I don't think any fighter in the UFC has gassed as bad as Ngannou did, and Stipe was so tired he was basically just lightly tapped him after the first 2 rounds. This fight definitely did not raise his stock in most peoples eyes.

Dana on the post-fight show, paraphrased- "Francis took the last two weeks off and went to France. And people really questioned why he did that. And Stipe did well tonight"

Lol at just tossing in the abrupt trip to France scenario in between crediting Stipe's win.

Sounds like Dana is already trying to throw in rationale for the loss.

A Vacationless Ngannou will be unstoppable.

seriously though- credit to Francis for hanging in there. Legit tough dude. Some of those shots Stipe landed looked violent and flush and Ngannou never looked in danger of going out. Knowing how good Stipe is at putting opponents away, that is worth noting.

ngannou's a juggernaut and took stipe's punches like nothing. if anything he was more tired than hurt. it was like a girl trying to beat up her boyfriend. werdum's punches wouldn't do shit to ngannou. he'd could probably take 15 of werdum's best standing punches in a row w/o getting ko'd.

Last edited:
He could have finished but decided to coast. Not a fan on his wall and stall, hold you down and not strike style.

I like grappling, but not holding on and laying on the man

You must hate the UFC this year so far then. And for good reason.

HW IS DEAD AGAIN.

Close the division already.

I'm actually all for this. Tired of seeing 5-round gasfests. Everyone in the top ten besides Ngannou is geriatric and should retire anyway. Nobody else is even remotely close to being and up and comer. Just declare Stipe has officially cleaned out the division, let him walk away with the belt as a souvenir to put up in his house and end it. And don't tell me about Cain, even Conor has a better chance of fighting again before he does.

Dana on the post-fight show, paraphrased- "Francis took the last two weeks off and went to France. And people really questioned why he did that. And Stipe did well tonight"

Lol at just tossing in the abrupt trip to France scenario in between crediting Stipe's win.

Sounds like Dana is already trying to throw in rationale for the loss.

A Vacationless Ngannou will be unstoppable.

seriously though- credit to Francis for hanging in there. Legit tough dude. Some of those shots Stipe landed looked violent and flush and Ngannou never looked in danger of going out. Knowing how good Stipe is at putting opponents away, that is worth noting.

I guess 'Murcan Trumps bashers aren't hardcore enough for Ngannou so he had to go to ultra-far left France to get his fix.

ngannou just admitted that he learned about a part of mma that he has ignored in the last 4 years and that he had underestimated his opponent.

Ok few things we learned about Ngannou tonight:

He is still very raw, and he doesn't have the top level TDD yet, he needs to work on his TDD a lot.. he would never be able to beat guys like Cain without having a very good TDD.

His cardio is not great but I didn't expect him to go 5 rounds and Stipe was quite tired himself.

He has a big heart, he didn't want to quit, he has many chances to quit and take the easy route out but he didn't... this was the one positive for him.

He should fight Black Beast next I think.. that would be a cool matchup
black beast grounds and pounds the coffin nail. francis has been exposed

It's funny how the UFC is trying to coin the Baddest Man on the Planet is the UFC HW champ, I'm sorry but that moniker only really worked for Mike Tyson. Well until Buster Douglas upset him , and the 1st Holyfield fight.

I'm not saying Stipe doesn't have CTE. But he's never been intelligible.
Good point- preexisting conditions in this particular field will certainly complicate things, but I think the risk is ultimately worth the reward. As a personal goal, if there comes a day that I am able to fully comprehend a Diaz interview without wondering WTF was said, or having to phone a friend, I will consider it all a smashing success. :p

As one of my favorite self-help authors poignantly said:

"Conceive, Achieve, Believe"
~Kenny Florian

<GinJuice>

I can't think of a worse use of that term. lol

1. Holyfield had great cardio
  2. Holyfield finished fights
  3. Holyfield didn't stall the action

Congrats Stipe.

Stalling?? Are you retarded, it’s called wearing down your opponent

If this is what MMA has become, one fighter getting hugged and humped by another for 3-5 rounds, then screw it, I'm walking away. And so will lost of other people including the ones who inevitably tell me I'm a baby.
We just went through this with Meek vs Usman and apparently it's okay to hump your opponent to death, and it makes the guy doing it great and feared by all. This is exactly why I wish they would have waited for Francis to round out his game and learn some Liddell level tdd, that way when he got the shot against Stipe he could have kept it standing and had a much better chance for at least a good fight.

I'm actually all for this. Tired of seeing 5-round gasfests. Everyone in the top ten besides Ngannou is geriatric and should retire anyway. Nobody else is even remotely close to being and up and comer. Just declare Stipe has officially cleaned out the division, let him walk away with the belt as a souvenir to put up in his house and end it. And don't tell me about Cain, even Conor has a better chance of fighting again before he does.
Honestly, another yeat and a few more fights under his belt and I think Curtis Blades can dethrone Stipe, and the dude is still in his mid-twenties.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back