Stop looking at mass killers as unique murderers... How to really stop this..

Put in metal detectors, hire security.

Of course, this doesn't do much if someone shows up with a bomb (depending on how it's made I guess). But it would help.

it really is comical to me that OP wraps himself in Hitchens imagery. Lmfao. Dude is the clearest example of a dumb shit pretending to be an intellectual
It's a pattern I see with people who have a smoking Christopher Hitchens AV.

According to the best data, only about 38% of mass shooters take their own lives by their own hand. Another 10% are killed by law enforcement.

So less than 50% actually end up dead at the end of the homicidal event.

I love how you guys conveniently mix and match the stats.

Are we talking about ALL mass shooters? Which is mostly comprised of African American males, and not representative of what we're talking about in this thread?

I'd love threads on Gang/black violence, and Terrorism... but this thread is about a particular subset of shooters who go after soft targets in an attempt to commit suicide in grand fashion.

For a page? Dude it was a response to a stupid post . . . in another freaking post.

A whole page . . . right . . . stop trying to control gun rights and limit what someone can buy even further and put your efforts into removing soft targets and getting rid of idiotic "gun free zones".

Yeah, let's just stomp on peoples rights, take away their ability to defend themselves and their only, and most effective, deterrent for tyranny. Only the government should have guns, the same government that knew about this psycho for nine months before the shooting. Yeah, that's a logical plan.
The question to ask: How did this shit bag pass the Federal background check? He had been reported to the FBI and local agencies AS A POTENTIAL SCHOOL SHOOTER, yet he was able to buy a gun.

I love how you guys conveniently mix and match the stats.

Are we talking about ALL mass shooters? Which is mostly comprised of African American males, and not representative of what we're talking about in this thread?

I'd love threads on Gang/black violence, and Terrorism... but this thread is about a particular subset of shooters who go after soft targets in an attempt to commit suicide in grand fashion.

About the study I cited:

"Adam Lankford, an associate professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama who studies mass shootings performed a statistical analysis of a 2010 New York City Police Department report that attempted to encapsulate all "active shootings," defined as one person killing others in a well-populated confined area, between 1966 and 2010. The study refined the data to only include U.S. shootings in which two or more people were killed or injured. That resulted in a total of 185 mass shooters--including both workplace and school shooters."

Yeah, let's just stomp on peoples rights, take away their ability to defend themselves and their only, and most effective, deterrent for tyranny.

The right to own a firearm for hunting? Rational argument.

The right to own a firearm for protection of myself and my property given the limits of government agents to do so on my behalf? Rational argument.

The right to own a firearm to defend against my own government? Full retard.

I agree. Availability of firearms is a major factor.

The right's adamant refusal to even mention, much less address, this absolutely obvious fact is very similar to the left's inability to acknowledge the fetus when discussing abortion.

And in both cases it is intentional and strategic obfuscation.

About the study I cited:

"Adam Lankford, an associate professor of criminal justice at the University of Alabama who studies mass shootings performed a statistical analysis of a 2010 New York City Police Department report that attempted to encapsulate all "active shootings," defined as one person killing others in a well-populated confined area, between 1966 and 2010. The study refined the data to only include U.S. shootings in which two or more people were killed or injured. That resulted in a total of 185 mass shooters--including both workplace and school shooters."

The study refined the data to only include U.S. shootings in which two or more people were killed or injured.

Pointing out the obvious here, but a shooting where 2 or more people are injured is not the same as the cases we are discussing here.

Why is banning guns more preferred by the left then supporting more mental health programs?

Seems like 50-60 years ago guns were common at American high schools. There were rifle teams and kids stored them in there lockers. What has changed in society that is causing people to want to mass kill?

The right to own a firearm for hunting? Rational argument.

The right to own a firearm for protection of myself and my property given the limits of government agents to do so on my behalf? Rational argument.

The right to own a firearm to defend against my own government? Full retard.

death-by-government.png

{<jordan}

Why is banning guns more preferred by the left then supporting more mental health programs?

Seems like 50-60 years ago guns were common at American high schools. There were rifle teams and kids stored them in there lockers. What has changed in society that is causing people to want to mass kill?

I'm pretty sure that the left is a proponent of universal healthcare - which would be a step in the proper direction to getting more people access to mental healthcare.

What I'm not too sure about is whether or not psychotropic medications are always the answer, ie., imo, I think they are prescribed too much, however I do recognize that they have their place.

Pointing out the obvious here, but a shooting where 2 or more people are injured is not the same as the cases we are discussing here.

So I guess you want to limit discussion of rates of shooter suicide to cases where only one person was killed or injured in the attack.

So I guess you want to limit discussion of rates of shooter suicide to cases where only one person was killed or injured in the attack.

I'm confident you're being intentionally deceptive here, but for any neutral party reading, I'll spell it out.

Gang-bangers in America perform drive by shootings and mass shootings in clubs and parks every single day in America. A house party in chicago can be shot up in the hood and not even make the local news.

Predominately black, usually gang-related violence in urban communities has a different cause (and therefore a different solution) from these school shootings. Just like Terrorism does. Even if it's exactly the same body-count.

I'm confident you're being intentionally deceptive here, but for any neutral party reading, I'll spell it out.

Gang-bangers in America perform drive by shootings and mass shootings in clubs and parks every single day in America. A house party in chicago can be shot up in the hood and not even make the local news.

Predominately black, usually gang-related violence in urban communities has a different cause (and therefore a different solution) from these school shootings. Just like Terrorism does. Even if it's exactly the same body-count.

Nobody includes gang-banging activity in studies of mass shooting events. Look at a list of "US mass shootings". You are astoundingly uninformed.

See how long you are able to hold off the drone bombers with your 12 gauge, Cleetus. lol

Yeah, tell that to Afghan's, Fin's, Cuban's, etc, etc, etc.
Maybe you should try reading up on some military history while that soft spot in your skull grows in.

Nobody includes gang-banging activity in studies of mass shooting events. Look at a list of "US mass shootings". You are astoundingly uninformed.

The study YOU listed, included EVERY SHOOTING event where two or more people were injured in the U.S.

Yeah, tell that to Afghan's, Fin's, Cuban's, etc, etc, etc.
Maybe you should try reading up on some military history while that soft spot in your skull grows in.

If the USA were a third-world, banana republic you might have a point. And given the work your side is currently doing in DC we might actually get there sooner rather than later.

Put in metal detectors, hire security.

Of course, this doesn't do much if someone shows up with a bomb (depending on how it's made I guess). But it would help.

Metal detectors will do nothing. He will shoot the lame 50 year old woman manning the metal detector and go right through and kill whoever he wants.

The study YOU listed, included EVERY SHOOTING event where two or more people were injured in the U.S.

The study identified only 185 mass shootings in an over 40 year span. Had it included domestic, gang and drug related shootings it would have stretched into the tens of thousands.

The data did not conform to your fantasy expectations. And you're pissed about it. We get it.

Back