Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

That's an interesting idea, but I think they will save that up for maybe season 4 or 5. Plus, Kali can't really do much to the monsters. She could create illusion to distract the monsters, yes, but Eleven can snap their shit in a second and be done with it. Also, I sense a "Eleven is getting more and more powerful" theme going on with the show. Meaning that a certain point she should be able to kill whoever is the big bad in like a minute without much effort. So that would mean they will have to create plot convenient reasons as to why she can't just kill the monster right then and there.

tl;dr- too me it all boils down to will they give everyone else that isn't eleven something worthwhile to do in the future seasons.

Yea I thought about the fact that her sister can only create illusions and it has me wondering if maybe she herself is going to become more powerful as well. Unlike Eleven she hasn't been forced to push herself to the extreme. We can see each time Eleven does it she gets more and more powerful.

Yea I thought about the fact that her sister can only create illusions and it has me wondering if maybe she herself is going to become more powerful as well. Unlike Eleven she hasn't been forced to push herself to the extreme. We can see each time Eleven does it she gets more and more powerful.
I am probably being a bit too cynical here, but I don't think Kali will grow her powers any further. She is older than Eleven and obviously knows how to control her powers. I think what you see is what you get with Kali.

What would be interesting if Eleven goes heel for some reason. Like full on Carrie crazy. Now THAT would create something interesting, a character that powerful no longer being one of "the good guys" . That would force the entire cast to do something important.

season 2 10/10

Fucking bob and his radio shack lol that was the spot before

7.5/10 for me. Some of the magic wasn't there like the first season to me. Still worth a watch.

this show never clicked with me. my brother loves it and raves about it so much, the setting the nostalgia, whatever.

i just couldn't get into it.

My biggest problem with this season is we never got to see all the members of the gang interact together, kids grow fast ,feel like this was the last chance to really capture that charm before some of the actors enter the awkard teen phase (heck some of them are 16 already), eleven was on her own and then they basically split the team for the second part of the season.

The stand out this season was Steve, especially since his side was the only one to really capture some of the fun of the first season, found Nancy's side of the storyline very boring .

I
Also, I’m seeing a lot of love for Steve in this forum, but I found it to be lame that the show kept making it known he has a baseball bat with nails in it, yet he doesn’t do anything cool with it. What’s the point of him having it then?

I think its supposed to be a joke weapon (just above Luca's slingshot) its pretty much useless against Demogorgons, but something kids and people that hear noises in the middle of the night(that dont have guns) think is a decent weapon.

I think its supposed to be a joke weapon (just above Luca's slingshot) its pretty much useless against Demogorgons, but something kids and people that hear noises in the middle of the night(that dont have guns) think is a decent weapon.

There’s a shot right before the kids convince him to go in the tunnels in the last episode where he grabs his bat and there’s a noticeable sound effect accompanied with when he grabs it to get us pumped. Right there the show is teasing us with an expectation, or at least signify that cool shit happens when Steve has his bat. Yet no cool shit became of it.

lol nice running gag

5 episodes in and it feels like there is a lot less Eleven this season

Pretty disappointing cause she is the best character

Yeah I dont care about this stupid cloverfield shadow monster

Season 1 is a lot better

Just finished season 2. I loved it, personally. Agree that episode 7 was X-men'ish, but it didn't really bother me. I don't usually get emotional watching shows, but episode 8 hit me in the feels. I would have liked to see more 11, especially her interacting with the group. They drew out the reunion too long. It was still a great season. Can't wait for season 3.

What would be interesting if Eleven goes heel for some reason. Like full on Carrie crazy. Now THAT would create something interesting, a character that powerful no longer being one of "the good guys" . That would force the entire cast to do something important.

With 2 seasons left to go, I’d bet good money on this happening. The shadow monster didn’t even know Eleven existed before she shut the portal. Now that it does, it will want to possess her like it did Will and use her powers against the kids. We might see some Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix shit in season 3 or 4.

They drew out the reunion too long. It was still a great season. Can't wait for season 3.

This bothered me as well the reunion should have happened sooner.

With 2 seasons left to go, I’d bet good money on this happening. The shadow monster didn’t even know Eleven existed before she shut the portal. Now that it does, it will want to possess her like it did Will and use her powers against the kids. We might see some Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix shit in season 3 or 4.

Yea it already tried to posses her in this season. It almost reached her and then Eleven closed the gate. Like I said I think Eleven's sister was shown in this episode to set her up for a bigger role in the next season. I thought it was maybe to help with a bigger threat but this seems even more likely.

Pretty much binged through episodes 2-8 of Season 1 yesterday. It wasn't bad, although I still think it's a bit overhyped. They could have ended it there (even with Mike being able to see into the upside down at will) and I'd have been fine with it, but now I'm a little worried they're gonna go a little too far into weirdness in the second season.

There was nothing "Great" about season 2

It was about as disappointing as you could get

When I see people rating it a 9/10 or a 10/10 I cant help think they are shills

Was disappointed overall in this season. While it was still good overall, it just missed what made season 1 so great. Season 1 was fun. The kids using the D&D Manual to fight the Demogorgon, their overall interactions with each other, class mates, etc made it all a certain naive fun, that seemed to really fit with the 80's time frame. This season all that was thrown out in favor of a much darker, horror theme.

There was way more death, gore and horror in this season than the first and the only character with any of the optimism present in season 1 was Bob, played brilliantly by Sean Astin. His character was one of the best parts of this season, his working at Radio Shack, the new VHS mini tape camera, and his overall attitude.

Them killing him off hit me in the feels. He was the optimism, innocent in this season that just did what he had to do to help, without getting overwhelmed Especially how badly he went out, just a gut punch.

The Aliens nod with the tunnels was cool, as was some of the set pieces and backdrops for this season. Steve was cool, as was Mad Max and her brother (who perfectly channels the feel of Jimmy from Road House, even though in the time line that movie was still not out yet).

Show was at its best when it was the kids trying to deal with things and coming up with how they thought they could help. Was not a fan of the tangent of Eleven going off and trying meet her "sister." Felt that whole thing should have stayed an independent story line and had them somehow end up getting drawn back to the town and the lab to help with the big bad fight, or just had them introduce some of the other subjects as well to set up next season as the lab reunion or something but it felt forced.

It hit some notes like the original and the soundtrack and 1st two episodes were very 80's, which is part of the series strength.

Wasn't as into it as I was after season 1. At the end I felt like all the story had done was circle back on itself.

I really didn't like what happen with Modine/Reiser. That needed SOME kind of explanation or development. I almost thought they did an actor switch with the same character at first.

And Max and her brother were decent additions but I was hoping for at least a cliffhanger showing they at least intend to explain their story. My first guess is secret agents from Russia playing family but that might be the red hair on Max throwing me off.

Back