stuart cooper roy dean beef

Until we hear from both side, I'll believe the BJJ Black belt over the guy who makes movies.

LOL. So you believed Lloyd Irvin in the beginning? Haha.

a black belt in BJJ means that you are very good at BJJ. it has absolutely fuck all to do with morality. this whole zen warrior ninja honorable knight act some people put on is disturbing.

Exactly.

a black belt in BJJ means that you are very good at BJJ. it has absolutely fuck all to do with morality.

This. Without knowing a person, we can't determine they have higher morality because they have a black coloured piece of cloth. Having a black belt literally only means you are really good a BJJ.

I'm a total Roy Dean nut hugger, but honestly, this shit is great.

BJJ is like the real life Hong Kong Kung Fu styles of the Ip Man movies. I love hearing about style vs. style and lineage and masters feuding with each other and school rivalries and dojo storms and brothers and sons fighting each other for honor and women coming between them and love and betrayal. It is just great shit for a book.

Keep it up.

We need more of this and fewer threads about sexual perversity and crimes around here.

funny, I miss the old days when two guys had a beef and they would solve it with a no-time-limit anything goes locker room match. now people just post passive-aggressive shit on a message board

we need the whole story to this

it sounds like a juicy story

funny, I miss the old days when two guys had a beef and they would solve it with a no-time-limit anything goes locker room match. now people just post passive-aggressive shit on a message board

yeah, i don't see how it solves the beef.

i mean, if you fuck my girlfriend and then beat me up, i'm not gonna feel any better about it, am i?

If you watched him in Eddie Bravo Radio, you would know those pay him very little and something he just gets something in exchange for it.

I don't know why you would be against tipping a guy that spends tons of time, money end effort to inspire and entertain people.

I never indicated that I was.

roy dean likes girls?

Looking at his DVD (which IMHO contains inferior bjj then the high level guys show and stuff like commentated rolling with a lousy blue belt) he seems like a creepy guy who constanty thinks about seducing the ugly/fat girl in his class. But that seems to be a common TMA preocupation.

For what its worth, I met the guy from his Purple Belt and Brown Belt promotion youtube videos while training in SD. I recognized him right away because at the time, they were the only ones you could find. I asked him what it was like with Roy and he said he no longer trained there, and basically went off saying a lot of what Stuart said. He's basically a jerk in real life... not that this is the gospel or anything, but i found it interesting...

For what its worth, I met the guy from his Purple Belt and Brown Belt promotion youtube videos while training in SD. I recognized him right away because at the time, they were the only ones you could find. I asked him what it was like with Roy and he said he no longer trained there, and basically went off saying a lot of what Stuart said. He's basically a jerk in real life... not that this is the gospel or anything, but i found it interesting...

This is great! The douche meter is rising!

Sad to hear, but everyone is a hypocrite anyway. There is even a book called "Everyone is a Hypocrite."

my instructor jeff baldwin trained with him while they were both under Roy Harris, ill ask him for some stories and get back to y'all

Looks like he's back in Bend.....and not with RDA.

http://www.crossfitbend.com

FWIW, I've dropped by Roy's three or four times during trips to Bend and always had a great time. Roy and his students were super friendly and welcoming to me, as a white belt, blue belt, and even somewhat recently as a purple belt.

I hope he addresses the issue with Stuart Cooper publicly so we can put the issue to bed and get that documentary back up online so I can actually see the damn thing!

FWIW, I've dropped by Roy's three or four times during trips to Bend and always had a great time. Roy and his students were super friendly and welcoming to me, as a white belt, blue belt, and even somewhat recently as a purple belt.

I hope he addresses the issue with Stuart Cooper publicly so we can put the issue to bed and get that documentary back up online so I can actually see the damn thing!

Did you pay a mat fee?

So what? He makes videos, that's what videographers do if you don't know. Doesn't give him any more integrity than the next guy. "untold hours of filming" blah blah... gtfo with that crap. We all work. You think he puts out his videos for "free" because he doesn't get anything from it? You're naive.

The difference here is that he's bashing the name of a BJJ black belt that's pretty well-respected. Not staying quite about it and taking the high road and keeping it between men, like Dean is doing, but publicly bashing on internet forums without an explanation. That shows me weak character.

Again, until I hear both sides, Cooper doesn't deserve any more respect than any guy off the street.

I'm sure he 'gets something out of it' but it's not like he's getting a nice salary from making EXTREMELY high-quality, well done videos. YouTube ad revenue, sure, but that ain't shit!

I dont donate to his fund, but it's bullshit to knock him for that.

Hm, first I've ever heard of this, but you know, Roy kinda gave me the vibe of a guy I knew who really was a totally fake "budshido-code thumping, overly respectful" guy. But who knows, Roy's videos have always been awesome.

Hopefully it all gets resolved.

It's really good to have BJJ practitioners show some humility and respectful nature, what with all the chest-pounding, smart-arse typecasting BJJ players get these days.

Roy is a good ambassador to BJJ community, IMO.

Same here. Roy was a gracious host. He came in an hour before his class to exchange techniques and roll with me. I liked his traditional style and smooth technical explanations. I got no weird vibe at all. I get the sense that this was a financial/business issue...

Back