stuart cooper roy dean beef

I'm sure he 'gets something out of it' but it's not like he's getting a nice salary from making EXTREMELY high-quality, well done videos. YouTube ad revenue, sure, but that ain't shit!

I dont donate to his fund, but it's bullshit to knock him for that.

I find his films overrated to be honest. Most lack substance in my opinion.

They are very hipstergramish and allows the new trendy hipster BJJ white-purple belt crowd think they are deep and progressive by watching them.

I used to get excited for his videos but most lack narrative. I think my favourite was the Palhares one and that is because I am a fanboy.

Just because you fly around and film people with a decent camera doesnt mean whatever you do is special or of high quality. Especially when you literally have no competition.

Now I understand he might not have a lot to work with when it comes to some of the people he focuses on, but part of creating a good documentary is forcing substance out of people regardless of how charismatic or what language they speak.

I thought Rickson's Choke documentary was great. That is a doco I can show to people who hate martial arts and it teaches them what I do and why I do it. It is also interesting. Compare that to his work in regards to ADCC and I think it is obvious that his lack substance.

I understand he now has a beef with Roy (which according to this thread stems from him banging one of his employees) but taking down the video for personal reasons is quite childish. Talk about an inflated ego, Roy not "deserving" to be on your channel. Your channel is amateurish at best and appeals to a niche crowd who will fellatio your work regardless of its quality. The least you could do is leave it up for them.

And a special hot business tip for Stuart: Don't shit where you eat. If this beef was caused b you having sex with Roy's employees that shows a lack of professionalism on your behalf. Keep sex out of business and out of the gym. It doesn't take a scientist to tell you that humans react illogically to just behaviour.

And if Roy is as big a douche as described - big deal. Half the people in this community are douchebags. It comes with the territory.

You are all acting like a bunch of high school girls. What a waste of time.

I find it hilarious that one guy in this thread said along the lines of "I would trust the black belt BJJ over this video maker anyday". Being a black belt in BJJ is no different than being a high level of any other sport/martial art. There is no moral preresequite in obtaining a BJJ, it's foolish to think otherwise.

I find it hilarious that one guy in this thread said along the lines of "I would trust the black belt BJJ over this video maker anyday". Being a black belt in BJJ is no different than being a high level of any other sport/martial art. There is no moral preresequite in obtaining a BJJ, it's foolish to think otherwise.

The longer I'm in this community the more I realize it's kind of the opposite.

They are very hipstergramish and allows the new trendy hipster BJJ white-purple belt crowd think they are deep and progressive by watching them.

I used to get excited for his videos but most lack narrative. I think my favourite was the Palhares one and that is because I am a fanboy.

Just because you fly around and film people with a decent camera doesnt mean whatever you do is special or of high quality. Especially when you literally have no competition.

Now I understand he might not have a lot to work with when it comes to some of the people he focuses on, but part of creating a good documentary is forcing substance out of people regardless of how charismatic or what language they speak.

I thought Rickson's Choke documentary was great. That is a doco I can show to people who hate martial arts and it teaches them what I do and why I do it. It is also interesting. Compare that to his work in regards to ADCC and I think it is obvious that his lack substance.

I understand he now has a beef with Roy (which according to this thread stems from him banging one of his employees) but taking down the video for personal reasons is quite childish. Talk about an inflated ego, Roy not "deserving" to be on your channel. Your channel is amateurish at best and appeals to a niche crowd who will fellatio your work regardless of its quality. The least you could do is leave it up for them.

And a special hot business tip for Stuart: Don't shit where you eat. If this beef was caused b you having sex with Roy's employees that shows a lack of professionalism on your behalf. Keep sex out of business and out of the gym. It doesn't take a scientist to tell you that humans react illogically to just behaviour.

And if Roy is as big a douche as described - big deal. Half the people in this community are douchebags. It comes with the territory.

The amount of anger, vitriol, and insults you're directing at Stuart seems vastly out of line with whatever it is you think he's done to you personally. Which, from what I can tell, is nothing. You just don't like his videos. Sour grapes?

I think it's quite reasonable that, if Stuart isn't getting along with Roy, he should feel free to take the 40 minute commercial he made for Roy down. I doubt he made a penny off it and it's certainly helped roy.

What's not reasonable is a)defending douchebaggery on either side simply because others in the community do it b)shitting on lower belts, like you did above, and c)the fact that we are all talking about this mess.

Damn, this fucking sucks. It sounds like one of them is a shitty guy. We just don't know which one. And this is really sad because both guys seem like good guys who are genuinely passionate about their craft and both appear to be very respectable and honorable men. I am a big fan of Cooper and Dean and it saddens me that one of them might be a fake ass weasel type of guy. Sounds like one of them is, and whoever it is...it will be a big let down to a lot of people.

Final note...I really hope it isn't about a girl. That would be really petty and silly...adolescent shit.

I really don't think it needs to be that way. It's entirely possible for two generally decent people to have an argument over different perspectives on a single issue. Sounds like two guys kinda being assholes to each other over a woman. Most people lose their shit and act like an asshole at least every once in a while. No reason, as an outsider, to pick sides and condemn anyone as a person over it.

I kind of feel the same way about his videos. I watched the Kurt Osiander one yesterday and it was kind of boring and Kurt is never ever boring! Just an opinion.

I kind of feel the same way about his videos. I watched the Kurt Osiander one yesterday and it was kind of boring and Kurt is never ever boring! Just an opinion.

Instagram filters of peace.

i enjoyed the Kurt one.... dont know how anyone could say it was boring.

raise your hand if you know what I actually went on and not just what you think has happened and we can infer.

Go ahead I'll wait.

The amount of anger, vitriol, and insults you're directing at Stuart seems vastly out of line with whatever it is you think he's done to you personally. Which, from what I can tell, is nothing. You just don't like his videos. Sour grapes?

I think it's quite reasonable that, if Stuart isn't getting along with Roy, he should feel free to take the 40 minute commercial he made for Roy down. I doubt he made a penny off it and it's certainly helped roy.

What's not reasonable is a)defending douchebaggery on either side simply because others in the community do it b)shitting on lower belts, like you did above, and c)the fact that we are all talking about this mess.

LOL, you seriously think he didn't make anything? Come on now.

I really don't think it needs to be that way. It's entirely possible for two generally decent people to have an argument over different perspectives on a single issue. Sounds like two guys kinda being assholes to each other over a woman. Most people lose their shit and act like an asshole at least every once in a while. No reason, as an outsider, to pick sides and condemn anyone as a person over it.

thank you man.
the way the rest of these gossip girls are behaving is pathetic to be honest.
if you all stop living vicariously through other peoples disputes, this community will be a much better place.

No one is picking a side here. I was just commenting on how both guys seem to be really awesome guys and it would be a shame to find out otherwise.

And just for the record, I think it's perfectly fine to pick sides if the truth comes to light and if it's really bad. Take the Lloyd Irvin scandal, for instance. Sorry, I'm picking a side.

But like I conveyed earlier, I hope it doesn't come to that...because that would suck.

LOL, you seriously think he didn't make anything? Come on now.

No, I don't. Stuart always says that he just gets enough from his sponsorship stuff to enable the travel and gear required to do what he does. i don't have any particular reason to disbelieve him. that's why he's pushing the kickstarter, so that he can do a little better. Dude is constantly on the road. And if you've ever done video editing, you know that it's an unbelievable timesuck. So whatever he gets, divided by time travelled plus time spent in editing. SO , no, I don't think he's making anything. seems like the lifestyle is what he gets for it.

Back