Stuck for five hours at the Dallas greyhound station.

Wrapping the tour up and for the last leg took the bus, It's still crazy to me how expensive these things are for what you get.

So far, I've seen quite a few pregnant women smoking, tons of tweakers, had some dude with way too many face tattoos try to sell me bars, another dude said he shot someone and that's why he's on the greyhound.

Oh and a homeless person shit in a trash can next to a toilet.

Anyway.... anyone else ever taken the greyhound? Nothing beats the Satan worshiper on meth I had to ride next to from Amarillo to Tulsa who I'm pretty sure killed his wife.
How did you like it in Nashville? I read somewhere you were going there.

Seeing foriegners on the bus is always funny. "Welcome to America motherfuckers. Smell that poverty!'

Also.. it is the way the really poor travel, and people who just got out of prison are generally given a greyhound ticket. You run into a lot of sad stories, people who are trying to make it to a funeral, starting over in a new city, husbands dead and she's homeless, I've heard quite a few of those stories.

Seen a woman and her kids break down crying because the bus was (as they often are) late and she missed her dad's funeral. Not even sure if they gave her a refund.

Pretty sure this place in Shreveport doesn't have AC either as it's muggy as fuck in here.

Praying to whatever God there is it's not full so I can snag the three backseats again and try and get some sleep.

I was on a Federal Grand Jury in 1987 and we had one case of escape from Federal custody when the Feds sent a prisoner by Greyhound bus from a maximum security prison to a minimum security prison to serve the last couple of months of his sentence. He didn't show up at the prison. It cost him another 5 years for escape.

I took a greyhound once going on leave after jump school, they made us wear our class A uniform, for what reason other than to fuck with us I have no clue. So I'm riding with people that smelled like they hadn't taken a shower in at least a week and bus was disgusting. The whole time I'm pissed because I know I'm going to have to dry clean the uniform. If my bags weren't in the cargo hold I'd have changed out of my uniform. Had some couple that looked like they just came out of a heavy metal video sit by me on my first leg. Kept looking at me and laughing, meanwhile the both smelled like stale beer and body odor that would make a Frenchman pass out. They got off a couple hours into the ride, the guy gave me a salute I gave him the finger. Had another guy on there that was either also military or prior military, told me how unprofessional it was for me to do that and that I should be better than that while wearing the uniform, to which I just ignored him.
Then another group got on that didn't smell as bad, had a black guy sit down next to me with a HUGE afro the only reason that sticks in my mind is because he started pulling blunts out of his hair and passing them around when some other people started passing around a bottle of whiskey, offered me some, had to decline. This was the most pleasant leg of the journey.
The last leg of the trip I had some guy sit by me asking me questions about being in the army, at first they were pretty normal questions that I answered, then he started getting a little weird asking if I ever got tied down, my pants pulled down and spanked on my bare ass by the sergeants and what we all did in the woods together.
Needless to say, I never took a bus again.

Public transportation is for jerks and lesbians. -Homer Simpson

I took one from Michigan to Florida once in college. Your anecdote of homeless shits in garbage cans about sums it up.

As someone who works in tourism, all I can say is it’s more expensive to operate and coordinate bus trips than people might expect.

I don’t know all the numbers personally, but a former boss once broke down the numbers when a new competitor started undercutting Greyhound for a certain route in our area. Greyhound slashed their prices which made us stop one niche run we did. The new competitor grew for probably 2 years, then folded.

Seen that story many times lol. It is not a very profitable business, and then companies shoot themselves in the foot by trying to undercut competition. Then they disappear, and the customers still expect to pay those same prices. It's like why do you think they failed?! Prices too low. Repairs, fuel, drivers, mechanics, insurance are all extremely expensive and now everyone wants flawless wifi on every bus along with power outlets, etc. It's tough out there.

Is that the one downtown? I avoid that area like the plague, especially after dark...#shithole...

About two hours out from NOLA. Currently in Baton Rouge. Binged Barry (great show) The GoTG movies, and Atlanta. So it hasn't been too horrible.

How did you like it in Nashville? I read somewhere you were going there.
I dug it, dropped acid on Broadway and went to a badass honky tonk then went to a rad Christmas themed dive bar. I'll be back soon enough. Some of the most beautiful driving I've ever seen when we went from Nashville to Atlanta.
Is that the one downtown? I avoid that area like the plague, especially after dark...#shithole...

Yeah, I've never really had a good experience in Dallas, but granted it's always revolved around that area.

Wrapping the tour up and for the last leg took the bus, It's still crazy to me how expensive these things are for what you get.

So far, I've seen quite a few pregnant women smoking, tons of tweakers, had some dude with way too many face tattoos try to sell me bars, another dude said he shot someone and that's why he's on the greyhound.

Anyway.... anyone else ever taken the greyhound? Nothing beats the Satan worshiper on meth I had to ride next to from Amarillo to Tulsa who I'm pretty sure killed his wife.

I took the British equivalent before and it was similar experience to yours. I got fucking HAMMERED though before my return journey and the 10 hour trip was much better in that state.

I took the British equivalent before and it was similar experience to yours. I got fucking HAMMERED though before my return journey and the 10 hour trip was much better in that state.

I have a flask in my bag (I mean obviously. It's me) but if they even smell booze on you, you can't ride. I mean.... I get it I guess, but god damn.

I should have packed some edibles. 8 Cheeba Chews kept me from losing my shit when that satanic dude who was praying to Satan rode next to me from Texas.

Thanks man, I already know how I'm going to deliver it too.

I'm in Shreveport now. Only a four hour wait this time... damn it.

I should try it when people come up to my car and ask for money like last night while waiting in line for fast food.

Bus stations are depressing. When I was in college I would get stuck for a couple hours at the Springfield Massachusetts bus stop, it was grimy, full of disgusting people, but not interesting disgusting like hookers and old hobos, just dirty people fucked up on drugs and smelling bad.

In the northeast you can get cheap tickets to and from Manhattan, like 30-40 dollars dou trip if you book early, so it's cheaper than flying and you can pretty much bring anything in the world with you. Any further than that and it's cheaper to fly domestic, even if you have a layover, you still get there quicker.

Lol I'm banned from greyhound. I took a bunch of Xanax on top of drinking and blacked out. When I came to i was stranded in Amarillo Tx and they wouldn't allow me to buy another ticket after I sobered up. I don't even remember the bus ride, when I came to i thought I was still in Phoenix. Someone also got all my luggage so I was left living homeless in Tx for a while it sucked

I dug it, dropped acid on Broadway and went to a badass honky tonk then went to a rad Christmas themed dive bar. I'll be back soon enough. Some of the most beautiful driving I've ever seen when we went from Nashville to Atlanta.
Got me for riding a wheelie down Broadway on my last bike when I lived there. My friends came down here and I took em downtown and they were like "Nashville blows this place away"

ahaha sounds like i should have came down an chilled with you brother.

Went 5hrs.. not bad.
Did 4hrs at a greyhound in Fresno CA, Gave me PTSD.

I have a flask in my bag (I mean obviously. It's me) but if they even smell booze on you, you can't ride. I mean.... I get it I guess, but god damn.

I should have packed some edibles. 8 Cheeba Chews kept me from losing my shit when that satanic dude who was praying to Satan rode next to me from Texas.

When I road the bus, a guy in Kansas City drank a 6 pack of tall boys in less than 1/2 an hour. He asked me to wake him in Omaha and passed out.
I'll never ride Greyhound again. I do enjoy the train though.

Finally in NOLA, wolfed down a burger and some local beers and about to grab a nap before the show tonight.
Fuck it's hot as balls down here, taking cold showers like I'm hiding a boner from Jesus.

Got me for riding a wheelie down Broadway on my last bike when I lived there. My friends came down here and I took em downtown and they were like "Nashville blows this place away"
Nashville was sick dude, I prefer NOLA, but I'll definitely be back soon.
ahaha sounds like i should have came down an chilled with you brother.

Ain't nobody party like I do lol. Keep an eye on my threads, I'm always on the road.
When I road the bus, a guy in Kansas City drank a 6 pack of tall boys in less than 1/2 an hour. He asked me to wake him in Omaha and passed out.
I'll never ride Greyhound again. I do enjoy the train though.

I'll have another 27 hour trip back to Tulsa, and I'll probably book a show in Houston in the next few months and take the Greyhound there but with how much I'm grinding this year and how hard I've worked and starved hopefully next year things change.

Anyway, I'm going to get an hour of sleep then hit up the show, I'll post after but you guys keep an eye on my IG for all the shenanigans. @nicholasosborncomedy

Back