Superstars in todays age

Wait... if you knew that I knew damned well then how come you didn't say it?

Because I find thinly veiled racism very cowardly. I was calling you out on it. Maybe im way off, though. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep.

What is happening with today's culture? I struggle to think this shit would fly even a decade ago. These are the people that today's youths are seeing. Hopefully they don't have any lasting impression on kids growing up, because this is straight up degeneracy. These are the people with millions of 'followers' and it is truly alarming that these people reach fame and fortune.

How do these new stars compare to the stars of old, who would dance, sing, and act and be great at all of them?

didny ozzie ozborne once bite a chicken's head off on stage?

didnt most every superstar of the 60's and 70's embrace "free love," many of which dying from drug overdoses?

didnt caravaggio of the renaissance paint biblical figures with known prostitutes as models?

didnt people once flock to the center of rome to watch celebs butcher each other, or be eaten by wild exotic animals?

the outrage of your OP is as old as humanity.

So this is what you choose to get worked up over today?
Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

What is happening with today's culture? I struggle to think this shit would fly even a decade ago. These are the people that today's youths are seeing. Hopefully they don't have any lasting impression on kids growing up, because this is straight up degeneracy. These are the people with millions of 'followers' and it is truly alarming that these people reach fame and fortune.

How do these new stars compare to the stars of old, who would dance, sing, and act and be great at all of them?

Is something really different happening, or are you just more aware of it now?

oh whoops, that last one was from the 90s

"Famous people" have always been nuts. They're the freak show that are intended to entertain our regular population.

The only problem is when parenting is so terrible that children actually start to look at celebrities as their surrogate fathers or mothers.

You have a point. It would be one thing if the next carl sagan was on youtube, to balance this shit out, but we seem to be only getting shit out of social media, and none of the potential democratization we all hoped for.

Yeah it sucks that record labels controlled who was going to become famous, but is it any better that now Facebook and YouTube do?

previous generations always, always bring this up with the current. 70's saw people go ape shit over ozzy, 80's with Alice Cooper, 90's with Manson -- and everyone for the vast majority of the part grew up to be fine. People who listen to GWAR in the 90's are now doctors, lawyers and engineers.

The instafame generation is weird, but its not the end of the world

You have a point. It would be one thing if the next carl sagan was on youtube, to balance this shit out, but we seem to be only getting shit out of social media, and none of the potential democratization we all hoped for.

Yeah it sucks that record labels controlled who was going to become famous, but is it any better that now Facebook and YouTube do?
It doesn't help that when the people that do want to spread a message try, we are all quick to find everything wrong with them, call their sponsors, get them fired, etc. We thrive on negativity. We celebrate each others down fall. You almost have to always be on the attack otherwise you will drown.

previous generations always, always bring this up with the current. 70's saw people go ape shit over ozzy, 80's with Alice Cooper, 90's with Manson -- and everyone for the vast majority of the part grew up to be fine. People who listen to GWAR in the 90's are now doctors, lawyers and engineers.

The instafame generation is weird, but its not the end of the world

Forgot how everyone lost their minds over Eminem.

^so that's her name now .. her fame should've ended right about here ..

The sheep following these idiots are a direct result of their cuck parents

They seem to have a common factor within the three, the current form of rap/hip hop genre.

This is a product of social engineering.

Ensuring our future leaders are a flock of brain dead “rappers”.

Back