T.J. Dillashaw sends message to Demetrious Johnson: ‘Don’t be scared...let’s get this done’

You are reaching. My point was that not all of Johnson's victories against "cans", like everyone is trying to say. Dillashaw was knocked out by one of those cans.

To be fair non are "cans" but a lot of the recent ones especially are not IMHO elite fighters and to me that means his P4P ranking is not justified.

I suspect the issue here is actually that DJ is getting pretty good money relative to his limited drawing ability due to holding the belt so isn't very motivated to step up and take a bigger test.

At 125 I think MM kills him.

Wow really? I'm not saying MM does't win but kills him? He was having trouble with that huge guy who moved up but now he's going to kill TJ? I don't see it.

Wow really? I'm not saying MM does't win but kills him? He was having trouble with that huge guy who moved up but now he's going to kill TJ? I don't see it.

Its the speed difference that will be a problem for TJ. Cruz, who is slower than MM, made TJ miss 300 times in their fight, literally 300 times. MM will look like lightning compared to TJ at 125.

Its the speed difference that will be a problem for TJ. Cruz, who is slower than MM, made TJ miss 300 times in their fight, literally 300 times. MM will look like lightning compared to TJ at 125.

Yes TJ missed 300 times but he also landed just a few punches shy of what Cruz did. So maybe all the offense was also effective at neutralizing Cruz's own offense. Plus the wrestling could be a factor in this fight and I don't see TJ gassing like the last guy.

Do you think he was offered two million? Or even a million?
Ppv points i imagine, the bigger the fight the more buyers leading to a bigger payday. He'll never get a big payday fighting nobodies

Do you think he was offered two million? Or even a million?
Ppv points i imagine, the bigger the fight the more buyers leading to a bigger payday. He'll never get a big payday fighting nobodies
ppv points don't kick in until around 300k and neither Dilly or DJ has been the main event of a ppv that sold over 225k.

He wants guaranteed pay like every fighter should. We should never listen to Dilly when it comes to business aka UFC 177.

To be fair non are "cans" but a lot of the recent ones especially are not IMHO elite fighters and to me that means his P4P ranking is not justified.

I suspect the issue here is actually that DJ is getting pretty good money relative to his limited drawing ability due to holding the belt so isn't very motivated to step up and take a bigger test.
If you look at the records of his last 5 opponents, they are comparable to the "elites" of the other divisions. The reason, however, that they are not "elite" is a lack of name recognition, not a lack of skill.

Featherweight: Champ-18-3, #1 26-3, #2/21-5, #3 18-5
Lightweight: Champ 21-3, #1/25-3, #2 25-3 #3 Khabib
Welterweight: Champ 18-3, #1 14-2, #2 28-11 #3 13-1
Middleweight: Champ 26-2, #1 20-4, #2 31-9 #3 12-2
Lightheavyweight: Champ 19-1, #1 18-4, #2 15-1, #3 26-6
Heavyweight: Champ 17-2, #1 43-16, #2 22-7 #3 14-2

NOW for the "non-elite" Flyweights: Champ 27-2, #1 25-4, #2 11-2, #3 11-3 and I'll even throw in #4 16-2.

I didn't include any names so that you could see, by their records, the Flyweight is pretty comparable in competition but if you don't KNOW THE NAMES it makes everyone look equal. The fact that they promote almost every name in the other divisions and not in the Flyweight, makes them sound like "cans".

If you look at the records of his last 5 opponents, they are comparable to the "elites" of the other divisions. The reason, however, that they are not "elite" is a lack of name recognition, not a lack of skill.

Featherweight: Champ-18-3, #1 26-3, #2/21-5, #3 18-5
Lightweight: Champ 21-3, #1/25-3, #2 25-3 #3 Khabib
Welterweight: Champ 18-3, #1 14-2, #2 28-11 #3 13-1
Middleweight: Champ 26-2, #1 20-4, #2 31-9 #3 12-2
Lightheavyweight: Champ 19-1, #1 18-4, #2 15-1, #3 26-6
Heavyweight: Champ 17-2, #1 43-16, #2 22-7 #3 14-2

NOW for the "non-elite" Flyweights: Champ 27-2, #1 25-4, #2 11-2, #3 11-3 and I'll even throw in #4 16-2.

I didn't include any names so that you could see, by their records, the Flyweight is pretty comparable in competition but if you don't KNOW THE NAMES it makes everyone look equal. The fact that they promote almost every name in the other divisions and not in the Flyweight, makes them sound like "cans".

Your going via rankings but someone has to be ranked in a division, that doesn't automatically show quality.

You look at the records of DJ's opponents after they fought him and its not good, the majority don't have winning records. Beyond that though I think if you honestly look at their skill sets you can say they would not be fighting for the belt in any other mens division in the UFC.

Your going via rankings but someone has to be ranked in a division, that doesn't automatically show quality.

You look at the records of DJ's opponents after they fought him and its not good, the majority don't have winning records. Beyond that though I think if you honestly look at their skill sets you can say they would not be fighting for the belt in any other mens division in the UFC.
My point is that YOU DON'T KNOW any of their skill sets because we aren't exposed to them as much as we are to other divisions. Without looking it up, can you guess any of the names on the flyweight list? Most people can't. Usually, however, smaller fighters have the better skill sets than the bigger fighters because of the need to compensate for their smaller size.

Wow, one just slower than the next.... keep 'em coming. Here's from your coveted "UFC Rules" website:

In non-championship fights, there shall be allowed a 1 pound weigh allowance. In championship fights, the participants must weigh no more than that permitted for the relevant weight division.

You can't actually be real. I should have read this whole thread before responding. It's pretty fucking hilarious that you call anyone slow though when your brain can't seem to understand the simplest of concepts.

I don't like using the term "cringe" but I'm actually embarrassed for you reading this.

Your conviction to your absurd argument is somewhat admirable though. It's fascinating to watch someone stick to an argument they have so obviously lost just so they don't have to admit to themselves that they may not be as intelligent as they like to believe they are.

Mental gymnastics and delusion at it finest, thanks for that.

You can't actually be real. I should have read this whole thread before responding. It's pretty fucking hilarious that you call anyone slow though when your brain can't seem to understand the simplest of concepts.

I don't like using the term "cringe" but I'm actually embarrassed for you reading this.

Your conviction to your absurd argument is somewhat admirable though. It's fascinating to watch someone stick to an argument they have so obviously lost just so they don't have to admit to themselves that they may not be as intelligent as they like to believe they are.

Mental gymnastics and delusion at it finest, thanks for that.
You "talk good" but you have no idea as to what you are talking about.... the rules are the rules. I don't make them. Show me where a 155lb guy can't fight for the 205lb title. I can show you where a 205lb guy can't fight for the 155lb title. Man, you are smart!

You "talk good" but you have no idea as to what you are talking about.... the rules are the rules. I don't make them. Show me where a 155lb guy can't fight for the 205lb title. I can show you where a 205lb guy can't fight for the 155lb title. Man, you are smart!

If the 155 guy can't weigh in at atleast 186 pounds then no, he can't fight for the 205 title. Why is this concept so difficult for you to comprehend? This is fucking absurd

3kgWDLI.gif

Mouse is 2 fast bruh!

If the 155 guy can't weigh in at atleast 186 pounds then no, he can't fight for the 205 title. Why is this concept so difficult for you to comprehend? This is fucking absurd
All you have to do is show me where it says that. I've shown you, per the rules, where the only requirement for a title fight is that you can't be over the max limit. It is absurd that you keep calling this absurd without checking the rules.

Back