Tactically the best hand weapon

zfolwick said:
given the recent events in virginia, I am reminded that courage is the best self-defense weapon. if you think about it, if somebody is fucking around with people, it takes a lot of guts for joe average to jump in and hurt another individual in the name of goodness.

not saying anything about the people involved of course, but this reminded me of the guy that stopped columbine by tackling the fuck outta the guy.

I think that is a different school shooting you are thinking about. Columbine only stopped when the two shooters committed suicide as the police had the school surrounded.

But I do remember a school shooting shortly after Columbine that went down just like you remember. I still remember the photo of thr two boy in the newspaper. They were both wrestlers and when a student (a fat, unpopular kid) started shooting kids in the cafetaria these two charged him from across the room (some kids had already been shot) and took him down hard. The older boy took a bullet in the process but they pinned him and kept him down.

I remember the article and the photo of the wrestler (from like 7 years ago) because of how much I admired him at the time and still do. That guy is my hero.

aries said:
I'd choose a big spear. Wouldn't take much to use it effectively ( I have no weapon training and against most weapons you'd have the big advantage of range). A good swordsman could get round me with a shield but how many of them are around these days?

Also very effective in the home in a corridor it'd be hard to get past.
for a single person, I'd say a trident or something similar would be even better, mor damage, harder for them to grab.

If it were me I would say either a Khukri, or a similarly weighted modification that has more straight trust potential. A friend of mine is big into camping and has done some work with wilderness trail maintenance. he sharpened his on an axe grinding wheel and said that it was easily outperforming all of his friends hatchets and axes across the board. It was like those knife commercials you see on latenight tv, they chop through a boot and then slice a tomato. he got his from some flea market in florida.

I want a khukri. They are badass.

And I think I may have been thinking of the springfield, Oregon shooting.

Many more school shooting have been stopped with guns however... like a few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi (which was a gun-free zone) retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

Or the school-related shooting in 1998, which occurred in Edinboro, Pennsylvania, and which left one teacher dead. That shooting was stopped only after James Strand, who owned a nearby restaurant, pointed a shotgun at the shooter when he started to reload his gun. The police did not arrive until 11 minutes later.

Benchmades are quality knives, but Emerson knives are more tactical. Example given is that there are too many working pieces that can break, one of my squad leaders had his benchmade auto opener for only a month when an internal piece broke and he couldn't even deploy the blade manualy. Thats why i prefer my Emerson with the wave opening technology, the blade deploys faster from the draw than any auto-opener. (trust me, we had countless drawing competitions and he always lost).

So if the shit really came down i think it would go 1. .45 2. fixed blade knife (Tom Brown Tracker is my choice) 3. Emerson CQC-15

Benchmades are quality knives, but Emerson knives are more tactical. Example given is that there are too many working pieces that can break, one of my squad leaders had his benchmade auto opener for only a month when an internal piece broke and he couldn't even deploy the blade manualy. Thats why i prefer my Emerson with the wave opening technology, the blade deploys faster from the draw than any auto-opener. (trust me, we had countless drawing competitions and he always lost).

So if the shit really came down i think it would go 1. .45 2. fixed blade knife (Tom Brown Tracker is my choice) 3. Emerson CQC-15

So they are still issuing those to you guys. That is how I got mine. That thing is so sharp I was folding it behind my back to put it in the sheath. When I did I pinched the tip of my middle finger and sheered it right off.

This was in the dinning hall at camp anaconda. I was really hungry to I wrapped the bloody nub in a napkin and kept eating.

Well well, someone who knows where to get their Kukris from. This should look somewhat familiar then. (This is my HIK)

2-22-7%20007.jpg

17" Chiruwa Ang Khola with all silver fittings and walnut handle made by Sgt. Khada. Love doesn't begin to describe my feelings for this thing. I've got a Cold Steel junk kukri in my truck, but this baby gets to stay in my bedroom.

The hacking power behind these is uncanny. I am looking into finding one good quality, but doesn't cost $300.

Does anyone know about the blades on ebay? Are they any good?

Never met a Benchmade I didn't like. My Dad (who's a collector) got me a Bench-Made Bali-Song for Xmas a couple years back after hearing me talk about how I wish I had one instead of the couple of crappy-ass butterfly knives I owned at the time.

Beautiful knife, but not for amateurs; Bench-Made knives are razor sharp out of the box. My best friends' brother, who's a vet in Texas, once did emergency surgery on a dog with a Bench-Made folder when he found he didn't have any scalpels. I'm handy with a butterfly knife-- been that way for years-- but I knicked a couple fingers pretty damned good when I failed to respect the Bali-Song.

The hacking power behind these is uncanny. I am looking into finding one good quality, but doesn't cost $300.

Does anyone know about the blades on ebay? Are they any good?

Himilayan Imports.

That is ALL any serious person needs to know about the kukri market. If you don't believe me then feel free to check out http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=739

I have never dealt with a better company, hands down. The community supporting Himilayan Imports is powerful on blade forums for very good reason. They make top notch blades at a fair price and have the best customer service and warranty I'm aware of. I implore you to check them out. You won't be disappointed. Their official website is http://www.himalayan-imports.com/ but I shop for their "deals of the day" on blade forums Monday - Friday just to see (and all too often buy :redface:) the great blades the kamis are putting out.

Himilayan Imports.

That is ALL any serious person needs to know about the kukri market. If you don't believe me then feel free to check out http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=739

I have never dealt with a better company, hands down. The community supporting Himilayan Imports is powerful on blade forums for very good reason. They make top notch blades at a fair price and have the best customer service and warranty I'm aware of. I implore you to check them out. You won't be disappointed. Their official website is http://www.himalayan-imports.com/ but I shop for their "deals of the day" on blade forums Monday - Friday just to see (and all too often buy :redface:) the great blades the kamis are putting out.

Thanks

These look very nice. I may just end up getting a couple of them. I couldn't understand why people are charging so much for a blade that probably cost $20 US in the Philippines. I am going to check that forum out as well. I am also in the market for a good Karambit.

Short range weapon of choice: .45 Caliber Desert Eagle w/hollow tip bullets
Long Range weapon of choice: Barrett M107 .50 Caliber sniper rifle w/explosive rounds.

Barrett M107 .50 Caliber sniper rifle will kill you a 1.5 miles away. Even w/o explosive rounds, it destroys all things in it's way. When the bullet hits you, there is no more "you" left.

Seriously, this is a great combination. This is like Duke Nuke'm Technology. A sword doesn't block a .45 bullet. And being exploded with a .50 Caliber sniper rifle with accuracy 1 mile away... a tomahawk doesn't do that. Ridiculously powerful guns>>>>>>>>> then everything else.

oh god where to start.

1. There never has been a .45 caliber desert eagle. They were made in .41 mag, .357 mag, 44 mag, 440 Corbon and .50AE.
2. Furthermore, the Desert Eagle is a terrible weapon, heavy, large, incredibly expensive and prone to jamming.
3. There are no such thing as explosive rounds for a firearm. API rounds exist, but their primary purpose is to penetrate armored vehicles or destroy dangerous munitions from long distances.
3. .50 calibers, while powerful, do not vaporize people. They'd leave a large hole, but you would still be very much in tact.
4. The 1.5 mile shot is currently the world record and has only been done once. Any high-powered rifle is capable of this shot, it just takes an incredible marksman, perfect conditions and a great deal of time to properly aim and calibrate your optics.

I really do hope this is trolling though

Frigginitsman:
We all know that isn't always the case.

Not acting stupid is easy.

And if you really do live in a place where you actually need to drag an axe around to be safe, you should seriously get an education and a good job, so you can move out of that shithole.

Not acting stupid is easy.

And if you really do live in a place where you actually need to drag an axe around to be safe, you should seriously get an education and a good job, so you can move out of that shithole.

So people who are educated that live in places like Bosnia. That is their fault that war has stricken their country? So carrying a weapon is stupid then? Children who are raised in the ghetto around gang violence all their lives are at fault? Protection is one thing assault is another.

Tacticaly the best wapons is a pocket knife if the person is close to you. Easily consealed which helps with the surprise factor. Once they get close enough, all it takes is a surprise blade attack and you can easily finish.

Back