Tenshin v Floyd Mayweather confirmed!?!?

Probably boxing. Mayweather would get eaten alive with Tenshin who is a big kicker and it would go like all the other boxing v kickboxing fights that K1 used to do with Masato

Philly shell does not block a fucking domowashi

Then no one should care about that fight. They wanna ban elbows or whatever - fine. Either do it in a kickboxing match, or don't do it at all. Floyd already outweighs Tenshin by like 25 lbs.

Then no one should care about that fight. They wanna ban elbows or whatever - fine. Either do it in a kickboxing match, or don't do it at all. Floyd already outweighs Tenshin by like 25 lbs.
This is japan

The biggest fight ever was bob sapp v akebono

They dont gaf abt legitimacy or sportsmanship its like one big fucking real life hajime no ippo for them

Mayweather getting that Yakuza money

This is japan

They dont gaf abt legitimacy or sportsmanship its like one big fucking real life hajime no ippo for them

It would still be dumb. Yeah let's do Boxer vs. Kickboxer, but tell the Kickboxer he can't use his legs at all.

But who is going to be talking about it? They already have a small audience, they're probably not going to grow it at all bc everyone will be focused on this.

No one is going to care about it anyway. Nobody did last year, either. People in the U.S. don’t sit around watching fights on NYE. The time slot they had it in last year, is when everyone is getting ready for their parties.

YUGE for RIZIN.

If they are still doing the MMA Super Bowl thing, they will be taken much more seriously now.

giphy.gif

No one is going to care about it anyway. Nobody did last year, either. People in the U.S. don’t sit around watching fights on NYE. The time slot they had it in last year, is when everyone is getting ready for their parties.

It HAS to be a japan focused thing

Floyd must either want to get a foothold there (doubtful) or he's invested money in Rizin (maybe)

One thing that I find funny is that he's running Saitama Super Arena and not Tokyo Dome which is a fucking baseball stadium

It sounds like cost cutting / risk management to me

It HAS to be a japan focused thing

Floyd must either want to get a foothold there (doubtful) or he's invested money in Rizin (maybe)

One thing that I find funny is that he's running Saitama Super Arena and not Tokyo Dome which is a fucking baseball stadium

It sounds like cost cutting / risk management to me
Is Floyd, who hasn’t fought outside Vegas in years, big enough in Japan to justify the Tokyo Dome?
Is Tenshin? Doesn’t seem like it.

This is japan

He thinks the world should reflexively hate, hence him telling others how they should feel about this.

if you can catch japan's interest you can make some serious money.

Is Floyd, who hasn’t fought outside Vegas in years, big enough in Japan to justify the Tokyo Dome?
Is Tenshin? Doesn’t seem like it.
Thats the million dollar question

I think the fights are secondary to other factors to securing attendance in these "freakshow" events. Kinda like how cars are only part of the F1 live experience. You bring in famous singers etc for the concerts too

I think Floyd can sell out the dome with a mix of hollywood and japanese celeb appearances and all the ancillary shit that sells fights. If they're doing this in Saitama, either someone else has the Dome on NYE or Floyd has doubts abt the success of the event

Could be that they closed the deal too late to get the venue

Rizin will probably get Eiikichi Yazawa (who's a big name singer in Japan and appeared at Dynamite!! before) to sing Tenshin's song. That alone will bring viewers in more than even Tenshin v Kyoji

Last edited:
Wow, didn't see that coming. Knowing Floyd, this will be a boxing match and nothing else. He doesn't want to know how checking a low kick feels like for sure.
As for RIZIN, this is its opportunity to expand its brand name on the market. I'm assuming that they are putting A LOT of money on the table in order to bring Floyd to Japan. I hope it pays off, otherwise this could mean bankrupt for them.

Damn rizin, has enough money for Floyd but not top 5 talent mma across all divisions?

Still watchin tho

This is wild. Can't wait to hear what rules it will be under

Back