Tenshin v Floyd Mayweather confirmed!?!?

This is nuts. This is like one of those "too good to be true" situations that turns out to actually be true. Who the fuck would have ever thought that Floyd would end up more than likely being the savior of JMMA? I hated the fucker a week ago. I've always thought he was a great fighter, and a hell of a champion, but a Jon Jones type fuck up who can't even read. But, goddammit, I'm on the train now. Best way for a fighter to win me over? Fight in Japan. Save JMMA. Jesus fucking Christ this is outstanding shit.

I think you might be putting to much into the Mayweather basket on saving JMMA.

Mayweather is a very crude and selfish business man. I'm not sure what kind of deal was made but I can guarantee you one thing Mayweather is by far going to get the better deal out of this relationship. Chances are probably much higher Mayweather makes bank and Rizin disappears in a year than anything good long term coming from this. Sure it will be great for all parties for one night but I'd love to know what Sak. did to get this done.

P.S.: Personally, I think this will turn out to be more or less Mayweather at Wrestlemania a couple years ago. This charade is worse than Fedor vs Aoki and at least that from the start it was a farce and everyone knew it.

I think you might be putting to much into the Mayweather basket on saving JMMA.

Mayweather is a very crude and selfish business man. I'm not sure what kind of deal was made but I can guarantee you one thing Mayweather is by far going to get the better deal out of this relationship. Chances are probably much higher Mayweather makes bank and Rizin disappears in a year than anything good long term coming from this. Sure it will be great for all parties for one night but I'd love to know what Sak. did to get this done.

P.S.: Personally, I think this will turn out to be more or less Mayweather at Wrestlemania a couple years ago. This charade is worse than Fedor vs Aoki and at least that from the start it was a farce and everyone knew it.
We are both entitled to our opinions. And while your scenario makes sense, the rumors flying around are that either Floyd got a piece of RIZIN out of the deal, which would certainly be good for RIZIN longterm, since Floyd turns anything he touches into money, or that he didn't make much on the deal bc his manager is in debt to the Yakuza and did this as a favor. With the bizarre way this came out of nowhere, both scenarios are plausible. It's hard to believe that RIZIN would simply have the money lying around to pay him, but offering a stake would make sense, since it is a way for Floyd to use his name and continue generating money in the future without even having to fight. The latter rumor is something I know less about, as I wouldn't claim to be the biggest boxing fan out there and am not completely familiar with Al Haymon, but a common thread that has been brought up is that he deals with mafioso types. It could be that with Floyd planning to rematch Pacquiao in Tokyo that the Yakuza didn't want to allow that to happen without Floyd doing something to help Japan. Floyd stands to make an enormous amount off of the Japanese people, and one thing that is certainly true is that no large sum of money goes through a sporting event in Japan without the Yakuza being involved, probably especially with a sport like boxing.

Either way, all just speculation. Could be truth to any of that, could be simply trying to reason what happened. What we know to be fact though is that anything Floyd touches prospers. It always generates eyes and money. I can't see this as being anything but good for RIZIN, whatever the case may be.

5455a9c6d185f2ebffcdf3433da9a8e1.gif
Great kickboxer for Japan, but he will get absolutely mauled boxing. Did you see how tiny he was compared to Floyd? Tenshin struggled mightily even kickboxing Horiguchi! Wtf is be going to do vs Floyd, who's way bigger, has a way longer reach and is arguably the GOAT?

We are both entitled to our opinions. And while your scenario makes sense, the rumors flying around are that either Floyd got a piece of RIZIN out of the deal, which would certainly be good for RIZIN longterm, since Floyd turns anything he touches into money, or that he didn't make much on the deal bc his manager is in debt to the Yakuza and did this as a favor. With the bizarre way this came out of nowhere, both scenarios are plausible. It's hard to believe that RIZIN would simply have the money lying around to pay him, but offering a stake would make sense, since it is a way for Floyd to use his name and continue generating money in the future without even having to fight. The latter rumor is something I know less about, as I wouldn't claim to be the biggest boxing fan out there and am not completely familiar with Al Haymon, but a common thread that has been brought up is that he deals with mafioso types. It could be that with Floyd planning to rematch Pacquiao in Tokyo that the Yakuza didn't want to allow that to happen without Floyd doing something to help Japan. Floyd stands to make an enormous amount off of the Japanese people, and one thing that is certainly true is that no large sum of money goes through a sporting event in Japan without the Yakuza being involved, probably especially with a sport like boxing.

Either way, all just speculation. Could be truth to any of that, could be simply trying to reason what happened. What we know to be fact though is that anything Floyd touches prospers. It always generates eyes and money. I can't see this as being anything but good for RIZIN, whatever the case may be.

What has he really turned into "money" outside of his Mayweather Promotions which is more or less propped up by himself? The rest of his fighters aren't really PPV draws of any sorts. Sure it's a good form of revenue but with him not fighting and many of the top boxers spoken for I don't see him ever getting past the point of solid boxers, but not really big draws. Rest of his investments seem to be real estate based which has its up and downs. An app that had promise and is now in the shitter. VR exercise studio thing, gyms are some of the most risky businesses to ever be in. So low chance that pans out. I'm sure he has his hands in other things like anyone with his kind of money. But to sit here and think he is some business guru outside of the world of boxing is just wrong. Let's not forget before Conor match Mayweather said he couldn't pay 22 million to the US IRS until after the Conor fight. Along with a lot of other debt that came out in the press. He showcases himself to be over the top in everything he does but the guy spends crazy amounts of money and I don't think anyone would be shocked if in 15 years the dude is another Mike Tyson.

I know that rumor of his manager(I'm assuming Al Haymon who is more or less a scumbag) in debt with Yakuza has been floated out there but does anyone really know if that's true? I also believe when Rizin started it was propped up by some type of national television association (similar to PBS in America) and big part of this deal was to make sure Yakuza or any other questionable characters was not involved in any form with Rizin. Now who knows if that still holds true today. But it was a very big point a few years ago when Rizin started. Let's just say he is in debt. But how much could we really be talking here, unless Yakuza was involved in his PBC failed venture that have people looking for between 300 million and 900 million from him. But I'm not sure Japan was involved much in PBC world of boxing on any level. Either way I'm not sure there is much merit to that rumor.

Oh well we'll see how it all goes. It just really bothers me that they announce this but not the rule set. Don't tell me for one second they don't know that yet if the bout is all signed. Mayweather is never going to risk his legacy like this. So it tells me this is all but a farce to take advantage of the fans. Like I said might do great one night but long term I doubt will matter.

A lot of eyes will be turning to RIZIN on NYE.

This is unbelievable! Paramount should pick this up.

Pretty sure when they were previously SPIKE - they televised one of the first RIZIN Open weight Grand Prix's where King Mo won the whole thing

Pretty sure when they were previously SPIKE - they televised one of the first RIZIN Open weight Grand Prix's where King Mo won the whole thing

That's right. It was their first GP.

Back