The 2017 Shooper Of the Year + Shoop Archive Thread. Post Your Shoops

2017 Shooper of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have this bookmarked... For a caveman like myself it is perfect. Is this database of templates being updated ? Bless Louis

See my previous post. We still have full control over it since I have the PW. Louis did this like 11 months ago and as far as I know, it hasn't been touched.

Last edited:
Just to keep it going

hbJKrmS.jpg

I'm been having a problem with "shaky heads". I don't know how to put a layer in the same position for multiple frames.

Once I start fiddling around with the position of the head in one frame, then I have to ajust it individually in each frame to make sure it covers the original face and since it's never in the exact same position, it causes a shaky head.

There's probably an option I don't know yet. Never really been an expert at photoshop.

I will help you out on this but I gotta run now. I'll show u the best methods for smoothing out gifs in PS.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I'm alwayz there first when I'm shooping... & then if something isn't there, I'll take the time to break it out myself... but I'm always there first.

It hasn't been updated after say Jan 2017... so it would be fooking awesome if someone had a collection of all the shoop templates that were created since then that we could give to Brother Louis when he comes back... so that he can easily upload them.

@Buff I know how much work you did in going through this year's shoop threads... do you have a collection of links from them all that we could use to nab all these templates from 2017?

Guys... This is downloadable. Book mark it at least.

Here is the entire Sherdog Template Database.
<-- Download Link

Album rules:

1. One album per fighter. If a template includes multiple fighters who cannot be separated, the template will be filed under the album of the "winning" fighter: e.g. a template containing Jon Jones and Machida is filed under Jon's album; a template containing Nate and Conor in their first fight is filed under Nate's album. If multiple fighters/personalities are present and "winning" isn't applicable, The template will be filed under the "Group" album - for example, a template containing Woodley and Wonderboy.

2. Fighter albums include the fighter and objects he or she is closely associated with. For example, Fedor's album includes templates of his sweater; Khabib's album includes templates of his hat/papakha, Amanda Nunes' album includes templates of her lioness mask, Gilbert Melendez's includes his Giblert Melendez Reebok uniform, ec.

3. Non-fighter who are involved with the MMA community, e.g. promoters, referees, journalists, coaches, wives etc. are filed under individual personality albums. WWE personalities are also included here as a single album.

4. For simplicity, fighters are listed by their birth names not nicknames. Do not use nicknames to search for a fighter's album - e.g. "Donald Cerrone" instead of "Cowboy", "MaurÃcio Rua" instead of "Shogun". Oriental fighters follow Western tradition of first name - last name, e.g. Hyun Gyu Lim not Lim Hyun Gyu.

5. Sherdog member templates are filed under the "Sherdog Related" album.

Last edited:

<-- Download Link

Album rules:

1. One album per fighter. If a template includes multiple fighters who cannot be separated, the template will be filed under the album of the "winning" fighter: e.g. a template containing Jon Jones and Machida is filed under Jon's album; a template containing Nate and Conor in their first fight is filed under Nate's album. If multiple fighters/personalities are present and "winning" isn't applicable, The template will be filed under the "Group" album - for example, a template containing Woodley and Wonderboy.

2. Fighter albums include the fighter and objects he or she is closely associated with. For example, Fedor's album includes templates of his sweater; Khabib's album includes templates of his hat/papakha, Amanda Nunes' album includes templates of her lioness mask, Gilbert Melendez's includes his Giblert Melendez Reebok uniform, ec.

3. Non-fighter who are involved with the MMA community, e.g. promoters, referees, journalists, coaches, wives etc. are filed under individual personality albums. WWE personalities are also included here as a single album.

4. For simplicity, fighters are listed by their birth names not nicknames. Do not use nicknames to search for a fighter's album - e.g. "Donald Cerrone" instead of "Cowboy", "MaurÃcio Rua" instead of "Shogun". Oriental fighters follow Western tradition of first name - last name, e.g. Hyun Gyu Lim not Lim Hyun Gyu.

Holy shit that's gold! I just went through it, and it's endless. Thanks bro!

<-- Download Link

Album rules:

Sweet!!!

I downloaded 3 different programs to try & unstuff the RAR file... but ended up getting 7zip from cnet.com & finally got thatt rascal open.

Nice that I got it saved now in case imgur goes to hell or something. Good looking out bro~
icon_cheers.png

The gif with Joe Rogan and Dana filling the NGannou hype train with the explosion has got to be the gif of the year. Don't know who made it and can't find it right now, but it's just brilliant.

Also the gif with all the middleweights going down the hill and Bisping hiding behind GSP was also great.

Definitely 2 of the best and funniest gifs I have seen.

Thanks, practice makes perfect as they say.

I'm getting close BTW of discovering some tricks to make gifs in Photoshop much quicker, smoother, and using easier methods. I may start off discussing this method with 5 people via PM - since that is now this new fucked up PM limit. So far I got you and @Myrddin Wild. Need 3 more people. It's gonna be so strange but I just did something that could have taken quite a few hours and it took one hour and is smoother. Now that I know what I am doing, it may take less. And you can swap out heads with basically one copy/paste. So suppose you make one with "Mean Looking Jone Jones" and you decided you want to use another head instead with "Smiling Jon Jones" you can swap him out without having to remake your million frames.

Mind you that for the last two years I have only been using Photoshop to cut out and color correct heads for gifs, and using Adobe After Effects to make the animations. So perhaps I have been behind the times in Photoshop gif making. But after you said you needed some help in smoothing out gifs, I went back to PS and recreated your Jones/Coke gif and figured out how to do that 13 seconds pretty darn fast. Some others may already know this method since I am behind the times a bit, but to me it's much better.

I made the gif with Jones and swapped out Jones' head for a Ngannou head and it took 1 second. I would like to spend some more time practicing it before I start the PM.

I could have been a contender

I'm getting close BTW of discovering some tricks to make gifs in Photoshop much quicker, smoother, and using easier methods. I may start off discussing this method with 5 people via PM - since that is now this new fucked up PM limit. So far I got you and @Myrddin Wild. Need 3 more people. It's gonna be so strange but I just did something that could have taken quite a few hours and it took one hour and is smoother. Now that I know what I am doing, it may take less. And you can swap out heads with basically one copy/paste. So suppose you make one with "Mean Looking Jone Jones" and you decided you want to use another head instead with "Smiling Jon Jones" you can swap him out without having to remake your million frames.

Mind you that for the last two years I have only been using Photoshop to cut out and color correct heads for gifs, and using Adobe After Effects to make the animations. So perhaps I have been behind the times in Photoshop gif making. But after you said you needed some help in smoothing out gifs, I went back to PS and recreated your Jones/Coke gif and figured out how to do that 13 seconds pretty darn fast. Some others may already know this method since I am behind the times a bit, but to me it's much better.

I made the gif with Jones and swapped out Jones' head for a Ngannou head and it took 1 second. I would like to spend some more time practicing it before I start the PM.

ysKkl0b.gif

Slap gifs are the new in thing...

SN85y8O.gif

Template:

323535.jpg

Back