The 2023 Heavies' Awards: Poster of the Year (FrankieNYC Award) SEMIFINALS Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations everyone who made it to the semi finals, you guys should be proud of yourselves for making Sherdog a better place. The semi finals is actually so damn hard for me to pick, unlike the first round of votes where you can literally tag hundreds of great posters. Literally every single one of the posters listed are great posters who contribute in a substantial way.

But since theres only space for 5, after thinking carefully and changing my mind over and over again for a good 25 minutes, I will have to go with in alphabetical order

1. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN - Always active in PBP threads, always in a cheery, happy mood and spreading positive posts, important member of the Sherdog cat community, knowledgeable MMA fan and always makes me laugh with our inside Sherdog 6.7 jokes. After reading hundreds of his posts this year, I don't think I have ever seen him write a toxic or negative post. Just an all around friendly good guy.

2. @HuskySamoan - Honestly he is one of the most passionate and knowledgeable MMA fans In my humble opinion. The amount of insight he has in MMA discussions is insane. There are lots of threads on regional MMA fighters, where online information about them is difficult to find, and this guy would write out like 10 paragraphs about each and every one of them in minutes. Husky is like the MMA encyclopedia or library of this forum. Seriously if you have any questions about MMA or certain fighters, ask him. Also a very friendly and nice guy.

3. @StonedLemur - Where do I start with this guy. Possibly the most active member on this forum. I know he said he doesn't like or care about number of likes on this forum, but 74 freaking thousand in 2 years has to be some sort of record. And not only that, they are all quality posts and he also has a great insight and passion for MMA topics. I also love how he can switch from a serious, deep discussion about MMA, and then post some humorous, uplifting stuff that makes us laugh and chuckle and have a good time. A real solid dude who makes this place so much better

4. @Poirierfan - Another great dude who I am glad to see post on Sherdog regularly. Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about his favorite MMA fighters, very active participant in MMA threads, including ONE FC, and always bringing positive energy to this forum. Also a really funny guy who makes me crack up with great jokes from time to time.

5. @svmr_db - Another very passionate MMA fan who knows his stuff. This guy probably delivers half of my MMA news and updates. Always makes good discussion threads, great polls, and provides solid arguments on all discussions. Also a really friendly guy, and makes humorous posts and memes from time to time.

I could go on and write more and more about all of these posters, as well as each and every one of the other poster who did not make the top 20, but i will try to keep it short and not clog the thread too much. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys post more next year

This is only my 7th year on here but I can say this is the hardest 5 I’ve ever had to choose. Super qualified sherbros on that list. I wish I could vote for nearly all of y’all
View attachment 1019921
I literally woke up and had to think for around 25 minutes. This is like going to a super fancy restaurant, and looking at all the best items on the menu

So @You Will Vote For Dreyga didn't even get in the nominees?

giphy.webp

Clearly voter suppression. STOP THE STEAL!

stop-gty-1-er-210222_1614038719436_hpMain.jpg

Congratulations everyone who made it to the semi finals, you guys should be proud of yourselves for making Sherdog a better place. The semi finals is actually so damn hard for me to pick, unlike the first round of votes where you can literally tag hundreds of great posters. Literally every single one of the posters listed are great posters who contribute in a substantial way.

But since theres only space for 5, after thinking carefully and changing my mind over and over again for a good 25 minutes, I will have to go with in alphabetical order

1. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN - Always active in PBP threads, always in a cheery, happy mood and spreading positive posts, important member of the Sherdog cat community, knowledgeable MMA fan and always makes me laugh with our inside Sherdog 6.7 jokes. After reading hundreds of his posts this year, I don't think I have ever seen him write a toxic or negative post. Just an all around friendly good guy.

2. @HuskySamoan - Honestly he is one of the most passionate and knowledgeable MMA fans In my humble opinion. The amount of insight he has in MMA discussions is insane. There are lots of threads on regional MMA fighters, where online information about them is difficult to find, and this guy would write out like 10 paragraphs about each and every one of them in minutes. Husky is like the MMA encyclopedia or library of this forum. Seriously if you have any questions about MMA or certain fighters, ask him. Also a very friendly and nice guy.

3. @StonedLemur - Where do I start with this guy. Possibly the most active member on this forum. I know he said he doesn't like or care about number of likes on this forum, but 74 freaking thousand in 2 years has to be some sort of record. And not only that, they are all quality posts and he also has a great insight and passion for MMA topics. I also love how he can switch from a serious, deep discussion about MMA, and then post some humorous, uplifting stuff that makes us laugh and chuckle and have a good time. A real solid dude who makes this place so much better

4. @Poirierfan - Another great dude who I am glad to see post on Sherdog regularly. Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about his favorite MMA fighters, very active participant in MMA threads, including ONE FC, and always bringing positive energy to this forum. Also a really funny guy who makes me crack up with great jokes from time to time.

5. @svmr_db - Another very passionate MMA fan who knows his stuff. This guy probably delivers half of my MMA news and updates. Always makes good discussion threads, great polls, and provides solid arguments on all discussions. Also a really friendly guy, and makes humorous posts and memes from time to time.

I could go on and write more and more about all of these posters, as well as each and every one of the other poster who did not make the top 20, but i will try to keep it short and not clog the thread too much. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys post more next year

Ffs, I have a tear rollin down my cheek on to my cock from this post....welp....might as well use as lube....brb lol

Ffs, I have a tear rollin down my cheek on to my cock from this post....welp....might as well use as lube....brb lol
Lmao. This is the type of post I was referring to when i said "posts some humorous, uplifting stuff that makes us laugh and chuckle and have a good time". You are really a funny dude sir

Lmao. This is the type of post I was referring to when i said "posts some humorous, uplifting stuff that makes us laugh and chuckle and have a good time". You are really a funny dude sir
Thanks sir, I don't take compliments well so I go for humor instead ;)

You're a good egg sir, and I willing to bet you have great balls lol.

Since I have a degree of interaction with basically that entire field, and like them all and find most of them are pretty knowledgeable, I'm not gonna vote. Group of worthy candidates, though.

Anyway, I'm still on team rear naked ankle pick, even though he didn't even make it into the field. I'd have voted for him.

Man, tough choice but went with @Ares Black @BoxerMaurits @fortheo @HHJ @OldBoy91

Feels bad leaving people out, except for @StonedLemur WHOMST I already voted for in every category in the Gheyberry.

Edit: didn't vote for you yet, only nominated you. I should look if there's a poll there too!

Also, feels bad being left out. <mma1>

Last edited:
View attachment 1019884

View attachment 1019883

THE SEMIFINALS

Welcome back, sherbros! We've tallied your nominations and the official list of nominees are in!

But before we get going, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Wishing you and your loved ones good health, wealth, and prosperity going into 2024!

bad-santa-gif1.gif

Though not everyone made the cut, consider it an honor being recognized and given praise by your fellow Sherbros for your quality posting, presence, and contributions this past year.

Each of you who were nominated stood out in your own way and made the forum a better place to post. You are the main reason we return, week after week to discuss this sport, partake in play by plays, and stay engaged on the boards. Good job by you!

And with that being said, I am honored to present this year's official nominees for...

The FrankieNYC Award - 2023 Heavies' Poster of The Year

f15jpUp.png

This prestigious award goes to the poster who represents the best aspects of the Heavies: substantial contribution, insightful posts, solid judgment, loyalty, wit, humor, intellect, helpfulness, and having a positive presence and demeanor in the forums the whole year, and you sherbros get to decide who wins it!

Whoever wins this award will be immortalized in the Sherdog history books forever. So take time to reflect, recall, and look back over the past 12 months on who you think has been the most deserving, the ones who's made a difference, and made the Heavies' forum special for the entire year 2023...

00e70166-a00f-4531-80b5-04525779e773_text.gif

Before we proceed, just a quick reminder on how the nominees were selected:

A word from the Sherdog Admins/Staff

- The nominees have to have been around for at least the majority of this year (minimum of 9 months) and have spent mainly of their time in The Heavies' more than any sub forum.

- Posters that have received infractions that accumulate to 6 pts (Double Yellows) in 2022 will NOT be eligible for the contest. Single yellow, we can manage, but 6 pts of total infractions knocks them out of the running. It goes without saying that banned posters will not be eligible either.

- Mods, Admins, and Sherdog.com staff are NOT included in the contest

And now without further ado, here are the TOP 20 Semi Finalists for this year's
FrankieNYC Award - 2023 Sherdog Poster of the Year!

96RxxM.gif

@Ares Black
@Arqueto
@BFoe
@BoxerMaurits
@Dirty Frank
@fortheo
@HHJ
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN
@Hellowhosthat
@HuskySamoan
@Jose Beehive
@KazDibiase
@Kryptt
@Liverkick-king56
@Mohawk Banditó
@OldBoy91
@Poirierfan
@Siver!
@StonedLemur
@svmr_db

GOOD JOB BY YOU!!!

Congrats to the official top 20 nominees of
The FrankieNYC Award - Poster of the Year 2023!

VOTING PROCESS:

- You have 5 VOTES
- You can change your votes
- The top 10 posters with most votes
will move on to the Final round

- The voting poll closes in 7 days

5RD.gif

lol... Joanna looks trashed
1703569447275.png

View attachment 1019884

View attachment 1019883

THE SEMIFINALS

Welcome back, sherbros! We've tallied your nominations and the official list of nominees are in!

But before we get going, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Wishing you and your loved ones good health, wealth, and prosperity going into 2024!

bad-santa-gif1.gif

Though not everyone made the cut, consider it an honor being recognized and given praise by your fellow Sherbros for your quality posting, presence, and contributions this past year.

Each of you who were nominated stood out in your own way and made the forum a better place to post. You are the main reason we return, week after week to discuss this sport, partake in play by plays, and stay engaged on the boards. Good job by you!

And with that being said, I am honored to present this year's official nominees for...

The FrankieNYC Award - 2023 Heavies' Poster of The Year

f15jpUp.png

This prestigious award goes to the poster who represents the best aspects of the Heavies: substantial contribution, insightful posts, solid judgment, loyalty, wit, humor, intellect, helpfulness, and having a positive presence and demeanor in the forums the whole year, and you sherbros get to decide who wins it!

Whoever wins this award will be immortalized in the Sherdog history books forever. So take time to reflect, recall, and look back over the past 12 months on who you think has been the most deserving, the ones who's made a difference, and made the Heavies' forum special for the entire year 2023...

00e70166-a00f-4531-80b5-04525779e773_text.gif

Before we proceed, just a quick reminder on how the nominees were selected:

A word from the Sherdog Admins/Staff

- The nominees have to have been around for at least the majority of this year (minimum of 9 months) and have spent mainly of their time in The Heavies' more than any sub forum.

- Posters that have received infractions that accumulate to 6 pts (Double Yellows) in 2022 will NOT be eligible for the contest. Single yellow, we can manage, but 6 pts of total infractions knocks them out of the running. It goes without saying that banned posters will not be eligible either.

- Mods, Admins, and Sherdog.com staff are NOT included in the contest

And now without further ado, here are the TOP 20 Semi Finalists for this year's
FrankieNYC Award - 2023 Sherdog Poster of the Year!

96RxxM.gif

@Ares Black
@Arqueto
@BFoe
@BoxerMaurits
@Dirty Frank
@fortheo
@HHJ
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN
@Hellowhosthat
@HuskySamoan
@Jose Beehive
@KazDibiase
@Kryptt
@Liverkick-king56
@Mohawk Banditó
@OldBoy91
@Poirierfan
@Siver!
@StonedLemur
@svmr_db

GOOD JOB BY YOU!!!

Congrats to the official top 20 nominees of
The FrankieNYC Award - Poster of the Year 2023!

VOTING PROCESS:

- You have 5 VOTES
- You can change your votes
- The top 10 posters with most votes
will move on to the Final round

- The voting poll closes in 7 days

5RD.gif

What in tarnation is my name doing there? Haha
I'm incredibly honored, obviously, but literally every name on the list except moi deserves a vote. Narrowing it down to 5 is an agonizing task.

Cast my vote nevertheless with a stern caveat that I could have been voting for anyone else in the list at any given time.

Merry Christmas, Shermanos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back