Elections The abortion issue in 2024

I'm not against abortion for religious reasons. You're absolutely floundering right now

If you'll notice, I'm not talking about your personal viewpoint because it doesn't mean anything. You're applauding something done by religious zealots, which is irrefutable considering the prayer activity held in your State Senate floor. You literally just said you're proud of your State, for reverting law back to 1864.

It's not me who is floundering.

So once again as always with some people...Fuck personal responsibility and accountability... Hoe Ass Bitches out there got Punch Hole Cards like a sub shop...... Get 6 abortions get the 7th one free.
Its impossible to have a perfect abortion law that allows everyone who should be able to get an abortion to get one while preventing everyone with questionable cases from getting one.

Any regulation of abortion that includes exemptions for the health of the mother or for rape and incest in the 2nd and 3rd trimester is going to be biased in one of two directions. Its either going to give women and their doctors wide leeway to decide which means that almost all legitimate cases will have access while also allowing many questionable cases or its going to be restrictive so that few of the questionable or reasonable cases will be allowed.

I think denying women who have just cause for getting an abortion is a greater evil than allowing those who don't to get one so I prefer the system with more leeway. Of course on an individual level if I heard of a woman who got an elective 3rd trimester abortion for a petty reason I'd think less of her but I am not going to decide on abortion as a whole based on such women.

So once again as always with some people...Fuck personal responsibility and accountability... Hoe Ass Bitches out there got Punch Hole Cards like a sub shop...... Get 6 abortions get the 7th one free.

Someone got broken up with one too many times. Or told "no."

I believe I mentioned this recently in another thread, but my opinion on abortion is that it is wrong, but that attempting to ban it invariably results in a remedy that is a whole order of magnitude worse than the disease.

And what is going on over there in the USA is doing nothing but proving my point.

If the so called "pro-life" people were really serious about reducing the number of abortions they’d be pushing for greater and more comprehensive sex education and greater and more comprehensive access to birth control.

The goal to aim for should be a state of affairs where "unwanted pregnancy” is an oxymoron and the only cases where abortion is even considered are the aforementioned rape, incest or medical reasons.

No it is not. You were touting modern technology and defaming my position which you full well know is less harmful to women. You just want to win an argument I intend to protect the unborn as well women in general. This isn't about winning to me it is about what is right and what is best practices. You too are floundering. Because your position is indefensible.
Clown shit bro. You really think that we can't just go back a few posts and read your words?

They owe it to their child if they were careless enough to conceive. Thus isn't the fucking 1800s. Time your cycle and say no when ovulating, say no unless he wears protection. Your body, your responsibility.

Not a single part of that has anything to with "harmful", just carelessness. But what were you referring to?

No one owes it to you (or anyone else) to be a parent.
Hmm, that's not about harmful either. Well, what was he responding to?

as long as personal choice aborters can be shamed for the shit bags they are.

Again, not a thing about "harmful" there either.

So, stop trying to bullshit people. Your point was about people conceiving irresponsibly and thus deserving of shame. And you made the idiotic argument that women should time their cycle to avoid unwanted pregnancies. When we literally invented tons of modern methods to also avoid unwanted pregnancies.

Just admit that you're anti-science and we can all move on, lol.

I've never understood this argument. How is getting an abortion or using the morning after pill avoiding personal responsibility and accountability?

Someone finds out they're pregnant doesn't it become their personal responsibility at that point to do what's best for themselves and for society at large? Isn't it accountability to stop a thing from happening that they're not prepared for and shouldn't be doing.

It's like saying that once a drunk person gets behind the wheel, they have to drive the car. Getting out of the car because they realize the problem with drunk driving is an unacceptable response because they shouldn't have gotten drunk in the first place. That if they go out and get drunk then they damn well better drive home too.

Or is avoiding unwanted pregnancies the only thing where we can't use science to address an issue while it's still solvable?

The only realistic way to avoid unwanted pregnancies is abstinence. Everything else has a chance of failure (even the idiot claiming that we should be timing cycles...as if they're never late or early. Women =/= robots, lol). I would expect this "take personal responsibility" people who oppose abortions to be the biggest advocates of abstinence for for both sexes and yet....crickets.

I believe I mentioned this recently in another thread, but my opinion on abortion is that it is wrong, but that attempting to ban it invariably results in a remedy that is a whole order of magnitude worse than the disease.

And what is going on over there in the USA is doing nothing but proving my point.

If the so called "pro-life" people were really serious about reducing the number of abortions they’d be pushing for greater and more comprehensive sex education and greater and more comprehensive access to birth control.

The goal to aim for should be a state of affairs where "unwanted pregnancy” is an oxymoron and the only cases where abortion is even considered are the aforementioned rape, incest or medical reasons.

They are expressly pushing AGAINST the things you mentioned. This is not about babies, it's about putting women in their place. As both these recent posters are very clearly demonstrating. Being a parent should be a requirement of any woman who willingly has sex, regardless of the intent to get pregnant or not. Hence their callous (albeit sometimes subtle) implications about the kinds of women they view as ones who seek abortions.

They don't push for it because that's not what motivates them.

For too many of them, they want unwanted pregnancies so that they can preach about moral superiority over others. They'll criticize cultures that make premarital sex taboo but still champion individuals and people that regularly engage in the very behaviors that create unwanted pregnancies. They don't support comprehensive sex ed because they think it's immoral to teach kids these things. They think abortions are immoral too. But the sex itself? Hand claps and back pats.

Why? Because they want to shame people, not address issues.

If you'll notice, I'm not talking about your personal viewpoint because it doesn't mean anything. You're applauding something done by religious zealots, which is irrefutable considering the prayer activity held in your State Senate floor. You literally just said you're proud of your State, for reverting law back to 1864.

It's not me who is floundering.
Does the year a law is written some how invalidate it? How long have rape, murder and robbery been illegal? Probably longer than since 1864. You still haven't stated a single coherent reason why women should be able to kill unborn children at will.

Clown shit bro. You really think that we can't just go back a few posts and read your words?

Not a single part of that has anything to with "harmful", just carelessness. But what were you referring to?

Hmm, that's not about harmful either. Well, what was he responding to?

Again, not a thing about "harmful" there either.

So, stop trying to bullshit people. Your point was about people conceiving irresponsibly and thus deserving of shame. And you made the idiotic argument that women should time their cycle to avoid unwanted pregnancies. When we literally invented tons of modern methods to also avoid unwanted pregnancies.

Just admit that you're anti-science and we can all move on, lol.
Don't you claim to be a genius? Lmao. You Stated I was being barbaric and we have awesome modern medicine I asked you a question you are dodging left and right because you know the answer. Timing your cycle is not some form of barbarism to women it's literally safer than what you advocate for in your post I responded to. I didn't move goal posts I defended my position and I'm still right here homie.

I do and many others do want more access to contraceptives. You're fighting ghosts.

They don't push for it because that's not what motivates them.

For too many of them, they want unwanted pregnancies so that they can preach about moral superiority over others. They'll criticize cultures that make premarital sex taboo but still champion individuals and people that regularly engage in the very behaviors that create unwanted pregnancies. They don't support comprehensive sex ed because they think it's immoral to teach kids these things. They think abortions are immoral too. But the sex itself? Hand claps and back pats.

Why? Because they want to shame people, not address issues.
I literally mentioned condoms in my post. You guys are fucking pathetic.

''i get 8 month abortion because it's my body my choice'' and ''no abortion even if it's a young girl who got raped''
Both terrible

Does the year a law is written some how invalidate it? How long have rape, murder and robbery been illegal? Probably longer than since 1864. You still haven't stated a single coherent reason why women should be able to kill unborn children at will.

Yes of course it invalidates it, are you serious? The framers of the constitution itself had the amendment process so the articles could be updated to suit modernization. Why do you think slavery is now illegal? Lolz This law has NO exceptions save for one vague assertion so it doesnt even check all your nonsense boxes for morality.

No one owes it to you to be a parent, full stop.

Yes of course it invalidates it, are you serious? The framers of the constitution itself had the amendment process so the articles could be updated to suit modernization. Why do you think slavery is now illegal? Lolz This law has NO exceptions save for one vague assertion so it doesnt even check all your nonsense boxes for morality.

No one owes it to you to be a parent, full stop.
You mean the constitution that was written in 1776? This law is better than what arizona is doing now. In 2016, 2019, and 2020 arizona alone aborted over 13000 babies annually. They had a few down years with 12,300+ as well. It's fucking disgusting and this law this old old law is better than letting this happen. As I said in the case of rape and mortal danger I do not oppose abortion. However the numbers released by the arizona health department are heinous and those are the most recent findings I gave you. They say it's for economic reasons. Call me crazy but I'd rather help women afford these children then keep killing them. How evil of me.

You mean the constitution that was written in 1776? This law is better than what arizona is doing now. In 2016, 2019, and 2020 arizona alone aborted over 13000 babies annually. They had a few down years with 12,300+ as well. It's fucking disgusting and this law this old old law is better than letting this happen. As I said in the case of rape and mortal danger I do not oppose abortion. However the numbers released by the arizona health department are heinous and those are the most recent findings I gave you. They say it's for economic reasons. Call me crazy but I'd rather help women afford these children then keep killing them. How evil of me.

Yes, the 1776 Constitution has processes to AMEND it to suit modern times.

This law is not better than anything. Your moral outrage notwithstanding.

You're not going to help those women afford anything. You're going to keep voting for the same d*ckheads who ban abortion and cut social programs to non-existence. Spare me your fake @ss white knight routine. The same "pro life" Republicans touting this bullsh*t are also cutting funding for free lunch programs at schools all over the Country, and trying to fully abolish public education.

But there will be a voter reckoning come November. These guys have committed political suicide, and they know it so well that that dipsh*t Kari Lake renounced this idiotic law when there is video evidence of her praising it. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back