The best hamburger chain in America for the 2nd year in a row *drum roll*

I don't eat burgers from fast food places, like maybe 1 or 2 a year, but Shake Shack is pretty damn good IMO.

My only issue with Five Guys is that for that price you might as well eat at Red Robin which is usually better than 5 guys.

Red Robin has really slipped the last decade+ where I am (and I'm talking about more than one location). Everything tastes like it was microwaved, especially the bottomless cardboard-flavor fries. They're thick and mushy but not cooked in the middle. No one ever finishes even a third of the first serving, not even when they take it home or back to work. Dip one in ketchup or mustard and it still is bothersome somehow.

The burgers taste forgettable and cost more than 5-guys (with less burger), plus they took almost an hour to get it to my table (work group) last time which is par for the course in this a place that is never busy. It's never less than 40 minutes (being generous) to get served while 5 guys takes 20 minutes at most, usually 10 or less.

I haven't heard a single person talk favorably about Red Robin since the 90's. They should just merge with Applebee's and get it over with, imo. Glad to hear they're still edible where you are ;)

EDIT: sorry for the overly-confrontational tone

Last edited:
Ham burger... No thank you. I'll try something more appetizing.

Wendys has like bacon or cheese fries or something.

Yeah and that's alright, but most people don't opt for it. Most people love cajun seasoned fries like Arby's curly fries and 5-guy's fries. Almost everyone goes for those.

So that's why I advocate Wendy's do a not-difficult thing and get a shaker full of seasoning or coat some of their fries with it beforehand before it gets fried. At least test the market, I think it would do well seeing as how it goes well for everychain else who does it

Flame broiled is the way to go. Burger King all the way.

“Thanks for reading Tasting Table on Apple News!
Please checkout our free restaurant discovery app, DINE by Tasting Table.

Latest
This Is America's Favorite Burger Chain (and It's Not In-N-Out *or* Shake Shack)
We at Tasting Table have long taken part in the best-burger-joint debate—roasting each other for naming hometown-based chains as superior to fry-forward restaurants and posting polls on social media to quell the arguments. But the United States has officially spoken, and it declares Five Guys as the country's favorite burger chain.
According to the Harris Poll’s 30th annual EquiTrend brand study, Five Guys was found to be the country's "Burger brand of the year." The study surveyed 77,031 people to determine a winner between 16 other chains including Jack in the Box, White Castle, Shake Shack and McDonald’s.
The restaurant's signature brown paper bag—made soggy by seeping peanut oil—has become an image of good ol' American fast food, helping the chain defend its title for the second year in a row. (It broke In-N-Out's winning streak in 2017 and hasn't loosened its tender hold on the country's heart since.) The famed restaurant, which never freezes its hand-formed fresh-ground beef, was founded in 1986 and now has 1,500 locations worldwide.
As we wait with bated breath to see which brand will win next year, we'll keep tasting all the burgers we can . . . in honor of America, of course.”

All I have to say is, BLASPHEMOUS. Five Guys is overpriced and quite frankly is subpar compared to In-N-Out.

Yeah. 5 Guys has always been overrated as fuck. This one gets my vote...

th

So many good burger chain these days. At this point they all taste pretty good. If you are in Hawaii though or one of those states that have one, check out Teddy's Bigger Burger.

HOw could Wendy’s be better than 5 guys which is a just a better version of Wendy’s

Wendys junior burgers with bacon n cheese crew checking in

ITT , everyone pretends that their shitty and completey subjective opinion is actually worth a fuck in the grand scheme !

Never frozen higher quality meat makes for better tasting burgers. I was ALMOST tempted to try that new 1/4lb'er at you-know-where.

Smash burger is better imo.

We don’t have in and out where I’m at.

Back