The biased commentary at 299

Lol @ adults complaining about commentary bias.

Actual video of the UFC Commentators giving Gamrot and JDM a shine up:
polish-knob.gif

Yeah, it's terrible these days.

What gets me is Jon Anik declaring the winner of fights before the judges' decisions are called. The commentators have demonstrated time and time again that they have nfi who's winning the fight, so don't try to manufacture drama by calling it in advance you fuckwit!

you know what i hate more than that, "significant strikes"..i dont even know what that means, you either fucking hit someone or you dont

mma scoring, commentary and fans are a bit retarded at times
It was once explained that anything but a jab is a significant strike.

But don't know if that's still the case

(Big problem with judging/officiating is crap like this)

Nothing new. It's usually obvious which fighter the UFC wants to win by how they are commentating.

I was cringing hard at Hogan claiming Della Maradona has world class boxing. Maybe it was just the PTSD from seeing big Frank look like a club fighter against Joshua the night before.

Even the finish wasn't from his boxing, just a lucky knee.

Burns won 1 and 2, was up in 3 (from what I remember), but in the last round, he was looking amateur turning away when Della Maradona was throwing extended combos.

What bothered me is how they kept riding Sean's nuts, to the point they were saying he's such a big star.

He's nowhere near the level the UFC want him to be.

Rogan sucks. DC sucks less but also sucks. It's just a shame now because you used to expect Rogan as the gold standard on the big cards and now he's the anchor. And Dana is your typical cunt sports dictator who doesn't give a solitary fuck whats good for the viewer. I hate to mute fights but it's getting closer and closer to a necessity.

rogan's time is up. DC biases are just out of control. this weekend was particularly bad. i don't even listen to them anymore. my WIFE, who watches with me sometimes, but is by no means a true fan, kept saying "what the hell are they talking about?"
You have a good one sir.
She's a good egg in my eyes.

I've heard some bias before, but generally not to the point that it bugged me, but two fights in particular Saturday were rough, rda/gamrot and burns/jdm.

To be clear, the young guns did win and should have, but the fights were way closer than they were initially expected to be, and immediately visibly so.

Rda dropped gamrot twice and was cleanly outworking him in the grappling in the first round, yet all they talked about was how strong and durable gamrot was.

Burns won damn near every second of his fight up until that knee, yet they constantly talked about how great a boxer jdm is, even as burns was smashing him with power shots.

Was watching the fights with a whole group of people who all felt the same way, very much felt like commentary was given a specific fighter they were supposed to shine up.
it is obvious to me too, and it's at it's worst when Rogan is teamed up with Cormier.
They basically SHILL for the guy that the UFC wanna win, to best fit their future business model.

I genuinely used to love Rogan's commentary and he is still super knowledgeable and all that but i hate the shilling for the favored UFC fighter. It's gotten more and more obvious. It's like their PITCHING you the idea that this fighter is the next champion.

Anyway, I agree with your point of view and say that you're not alone with this viewpoint.

rogan's time is up. DC biases are just out of control. this weekend was particularly bad. i don't even listen to them anymore. my WIFE, who watches with me sometimes, but is by no means a true fan, kept saying "what the hell are they talking about?"
what makes you think ufc wants unbiased commentary? they probably tell him “make sure you gas up jack della, we need more stars from oceania.” whoever replaces rogan or dc will do the same thing.

I've heard some bias before, but generally not to the point that it bugged me, but two fights in particular Saturday were rough, rda/gamrot and burns/jdm.

To be clear, the young guns did win and should have, but the fights were way closer than they were initially expected to be, and immediately visibly so.

Rda dropped gamrot twice and was cleanly outworking him in the grappling in the first round, yet all they talked about was how strong and durable gamrot was.

Burns won damn near every second of his fight up until that knee, yet they constantly talked about how great a boxer jdm is, even as burns was smashing him with power shots.

Was watching the fights with a whole group of people who all felt the same way, very much felt like commentary was given a specific fighter they were supposed to shine up.

Except that you are throwing a strawman.

The very first thing the commentators mentioned at the outset of the RDA/Gamrot fight was how great RDA looked, his work ethic, how he had suffered minimal decline, and was still a top contender. How all of his loses had been competitive. They reiterated this throughout the fight. At the end Rogan mentioned repeatedly how RDA has still got it.

To say "all they talked about was how strong and durable Gamrot was" is just bullshit.

Similar in the Burns/JDM fights. They mentioned repeatedly how much of a tenacious and complete fighter Burns was, since the beginning of the fight.

Pro Tip: Just press the mute button

Can’t wait till I can just get a live octagon feed with sound and no commentators telling me about DCs new podcast

JDM won the first round and arguably won the second also, 2 takedowns with no sub attempts or ground and pound don’t win you a close round. Those shots Gilbert was “blasting” him with didn’t even wobble him, while Gilbert was covering up and stumbling backwards while Jack was landing 5 or 6 shots on him

JDM won the first round and arguably won the second also, 2 takedowns with no sub attempts or ground and pound don’t win you a close round. Those shots Gilbert was “blasting” him with didn’t even wobble him, while Gilbert was covering up and stumbling backwards while Jack was landing 5 or 6 shots on him
From reading this thread youd think Burns was blasting him left and right. When in reality he landed three actual bombs. That didnt even hurt Jack just as you laid it out.

I mean, the commentary exists primarily to help people get excited. Part of that is a bit of favoritism, as talking certain fighters up helps creating stars.

Hell, even people getting annoyed by certain commentators is better than some boring, neutral, technical analysis, from a pure marketing point of view.

Back