The hardest hardship you've been through?

My Dad died of a heart attack in my arms on Sept 28th. I gave him compressions, he was gone. My mother died 2 weeks later of a broken heart. The pain was incredible, as they were great people and we were all close. The whole month was torture. I’m getting through it now, as life moves on. But it SUCKED.

Even as bad as it was and is.....I can’t imagine what parent of a terminally ill child goes through. Or ones that have lost children. My kids are good, that I’m thankful for.
Fuck. I'm out after this post.
Sorry for your loss, dude.

I have had a pretty fortunate life. Biggest hardship was getting laid off from my job after 6.5 years. Puts you on your ass to go from thinking you're on the track to making partner to getting laid off. Ended up being for the better but 2016 wasn't very fun.

My entire community burned down and I am homeless, and my wife is pregnant and we have no doctor now.

My house is one of the few that didn't burn so I'm fucked. Was going to get a 450,000 dollar check, but now I'm stuck with a worthless house I can't live in.

Life sucks.

Most difficult thing I have had to do is watch my wife have 5 strokes in a 2 year period and see her deteriorate from the vibrant, beautiful, and intelligent woman into a shell of her former self.

What caused five strokes?

Erm.... most of my life before I was 20. I have a legit sociopath streak in me.

What caused five strokes?
She has basilar artery stenosis. It's congenital. She has had bad headaches since she was a teen. It turns out that she had had numerous TIAs over the years that caused those headaches. It progressed from TIAs to strokes. She is on several blood thinners, anti platelets, and cholesterol pills to keep from having another stroke.

My current situation. Baby mama and I split up two weeks ago after being together a little more than two years. We have a 9 month old baby boy. It's awful. I saw him for the first time after two weeks Saturday and spent the night with him. It was a great but weird experience. Leaving him yesterday was terrible. I get him this weekend for two days but then no clue when I'll see him again.

I'm currently living with friends an hour and a half away from him and work (in completely different part of state). Until I move into my own place, I have no where to bring him. I can't find a suitable place to that I can come close to affording. Out house was out in the country. My job is in a middle of no where tiny town an hour from that. All my friends live in the city that is an hour and a half from I only took that job because I was basically forced to move from the city because she didn't want to raise the baby there. So unless I wanted to be a deadbeat, I had to follow her to this absolutely nothing to do area of the state. I had no friends there, and she went from the girl who smoked more weed than I've ever seen anyone smoke to not smoking at all. Or drinking. And goes to bed at 9pm every Friday and Saturday.

So I began to grow extremely bitter and resentful. We never communicated well but it got worse. We kept getting pissy with each other over the dumbest shit. Then not talk all day. Recently we started bickering more and more. Every hour drive home after work I couldn't stop thinking about how were not right for each other and how bullshit I thought the whole situation was. She did nothing to make me happy and nothing to make that feel like it was my home. She let her dog control the house including shitting all over it. He would let us touch without whining and wouldnt let us lay in bed together sit on the sofa without being pet the whole time. She didn't seem to give two shits how much this all annoyed me.

We had our breakup argument over Thanksgiving plans. I nicely mentioned that I'd like to not rush away from my parents house because it feels like we always do. That pissed her off so we started bickering. I started telling her I couldn't handle that anymore and started insulting her. We decided I'd move out soon and I kindly told her a few nights later I'm trying my best but with the current location setup and other variables, it might take a minute. We had a nice civil convo for a sec the next night were she started digging at me about the timeframe. I blew up again. She text me the next day telling me to be out by the weekend so I responded by telling her how much I hated her and she made me sick. she text me again to clarify she only meant move into a friend's or hotel by the weekend not sign a lease. which pissed me off. I told her if she text me again I'd splatter my brains all over her bedroom.

All I wanted to do that night was bathe and feed my baby and hold him until he went to sleep. My dad called on the way home and said he was driving up to meet for dinner. I said no, I wanted to be with the baby. He said my ex had called and told him she was scared and had taken the baby to her parents. It was the hardest thing I've ever heard. I seriously contemplated suicide for a minute. I've always thought about it, but not like that. I got to the house and started slamming beer and packing all my shit and every grocery I had purchased.

Been at my friend's place in the city ever since. I fucking hate living out of someone else's place. and it's far as shit from work with terrible traffic. The ex and I have text some but mostly me spilling my guts. She doesn't reply to most. She did tell me she wanted me in the babies life as much as possible. But it went from nightly playtime to who the fuck knows when I'll see him.

Incredibly stressed and overwhelmed right now. Finally got into a therapist very recently. And she's pretty sexy. So that's cool. But I need mental health help big time and I took way too long of a break since last doctor. I don't get to see the psychiatrist until the 13th but hoping to be zombified with lithium. My last doctor tried to put me on it but I refused unfortunately.

So wish me luck sherbros this has been a terrible experience. All topped off with a crazy amount of debt I can't pay back.

Back