The Hot Ones Thread *LW #1 Contender Dustin Poirier appears on the show!*

Yup. It wasn't too bad. Had it on a sausage. Only but a small line on.

How good is Gordon Ramsay as a chef? I have seen some of his shows and a few of him cooking. I'm curious though about his credentials and how he would compare to other chefs

I'll definitely add this and TTT the sort of unofficial thread I've got going for the show:
Hot Ones: John Mayer says Justin Bieber is the greatest natural melodist he's ever worked with
How good is Gordon Ramsay as a chef? I have seen some of his shows and a few of him cooking. I'm curious though about his credentials and how he would compare to other chefs
He's one of the greatest chefs of his generation. 50 Best Restaurants, Michelin, Forbes/Mobil, etc.

He's conquered all the peaks of high cuisine.

Doubt it. That guy has been everywhere. They got stuff in India that makes this wing sauce shit child's play.

I'd wager most pro chefs with an international palette would breeze through this thing. We'll see though.
The hottest foot he ate was almost certainly on his great Indian tour, but The Last Dab registers SHU on a level that wasn't seen in nature. It's the product of horticultural cross-breeding that deliberately selects for hotness in peppers.

Dave of Dave's Insanity is usually credited with giving birth to the "chilihead" movement, but Ed Currie at Puckerbutt Farms is the man who breeds the peppers chiliheads everywhere obsess over. He's the Mendel of spicy peppers.

ManonFire_Currie.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_X
This is the pepper that is used in The Last Dab. It hasn't officially been unveiled, but the rumors are that internal testing has shown 3.18 million SHU. The Carolina Reapers (which he also bred) from Puckerbutt hit the high end of 2.2 million SHU.

The hottest natural pepper found in places like India/Thailand is the "ghost pepper":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhut_jolokia
The hottest ones hit over 1 million SHU, but there's a much wider range in nature, and the lower end was around 600k SHU when they first began gathering and testing these things. In fact, Wiki says the average is much lower than that.
Wiki said:
Climate has a considerable effect on the heat of these peppers. A 2005 study showed that Bhut jolokia peppers grown in Tezpur (Assam) are more than twice as hot as those grown in Gwalior's more arid climate.[13] Elsewhere in India, scientists at Manipur University measured its average Scoville rating by HPLC at only 329,100 SHUs.[9]

Last edited:
My nose starts to run after eating the orange chicken at Panda Express.

That's how much of a pussy I am.

4.4 million subscribers...wow...I started watching these when they were at 30k.

Now if only they could bring in Marco Pierre White.
same. its always so weird when you stumble onto something in its infancy, that goes on to be mega popular.

I started watching h3h3 when they had literally ~20k subscribers. To see them now, as some of the most famous youtube channels, is so weird.

Not to sound like a hipster but it kind of took the fun out of watching them. Before it was like the cool little hidden gem only I knew about

Cook a dish and say Ramsey three times in a mirror and find out for yourself buddy

This show is fun to watch. I hate eating stuff after like the 3rd wing they try. At that point the spice literally feels like it tears my insides apart. Dunno how they handle that kind of heat/pain

I used to watch a lot of Gordon Ramsey's cooking shows before finding about about Marco Pierre White.

I've noticed on their instructional cooking segments, even if they make the same dish, Gordon sexes them up with unnecessary ingredients etc. Where Marco keeps it simple.

I used to watch a lot of Gordon Ramsey's cooking shows before finding about about Marco Pierre White.

I've noticed on their instructional cooking segments, even if they make the same dish, Gordon sexes them up with unnecessary ingredients etc. Where Marco keeps it simple.

olive oil,stock pots

you decide

I would tap out after the first one. Tabasco sauce kills me.

Ramsay could finish the wings, I'm sure. That said, he might not considering he might hate on their taste/flavor.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bill Burr episode, btw. The acerbic asshole guest works well on this show.

The hottest foot he ate was almost certainly on his great Indian tour, but The Last Dab registers SHU on a level that wasn't seen in nature. It's the product of horticultural cross-breeding that deliberately selects for hotness in peppers.

Dave of Dave's Insanity is usually credited with giving birth to the "chilihead" movement, but Ed Currie at Puckerbutt Farms is the man who breeds the peppers chiliheads everywhere obsess over. He's the Mendel of spicy peppers.

ManonFire_Currie.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_X
This is the pepper that is used in The Last Dab. It hasn't officially been unveiled, but the rumors are that internal testing has shown 3.18 million SHU. The Carolina Reapers (which he also bred) from Puckerbutt hit the high end of 2.2 million SHU.

The hottest natural pepper found in places like India/Thailand is the "ghost pepper":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhut_jolokia
The hottest ones hit over 1 million SHU, but there's a much wider range in nature, and the lower end was around 600k SHU when they first began gathering and testing these things. In fact, Wiki says the average is much lower than that.

Great post. I have done all ten sauces in a row from season four and no joke, Da Bomb fucked me up worse than any of the other sauces. The Last Dab actually tastes good in small doses. Da Bomb tastes like fire iron. It's trash.

Back