The key to beat alex pereira handily is pretty easy

Israel isn't an inside fighter, and I doubt he's physically stronger than Pereira..

Israel is better fighting at range and that is where he had the most success kickboxing against Pereira - his best bet is to stay at distance and threaten takedowns whenever they close distance

1- easier said than done..

2- Alex has a NASTY and very crisp tight left hook, so good luck getting in there.

3- you think he hasn't been working on clinch with Glover this whole time?
Doesn't matter if he's had a camp training grappling, if he doesn't have a great concept of MMA in practice any seasoned wrestler who isn't a total Sean Strickland will steamroll him. Israel has show this ability time and time again. He isn't an expert wrestler but he knows the game well enough to know how to throw a takedown in effectively, this I guarantee you.

I am total hater, this title shot is not deserved. I'm not convinced he has some mythical ability to turn pro fighters into morons who charge into a hook until he does it again. It will be embarrassing to hardcore tapout old heads like myself if he wins the title and then gets mauled in his next fight.

"He's tall so he can't fight inside" is one of the dumbest things I've read

Spoken like a guy that has never tried to box dwarfs on the inside, let me tell you, they'll slip all your punches unless you bend over, but then you are going to hurt your back.

actually Pereira should try to grapple Israel if he is losing on points
Could be a good gameplan. If he can't keep up with Izzy's footwork he'll need to trap him some how some way. He'll need to time him coming in, clinch and takedown from there. Izzy will definitely be on his wheels for this fight.

Doesn't matter if he's had a camp training grappling, if he doesn't have a great concept of MMA in practice any seasoned wrestler who isn't a total Sean Strickland will steamroll him. Israel has show this ability time and time again. He isn't an expert wrestler but he knows the game well enough to know how to throw a takedown in effectively, this I guarantee you.

I am total hater, this title shot is not deserved. I'm not convinced he has some mythical ability to turn pro fighters into morons who charge into a hook until he does it again. It will be embarrassing to hardcore tapout old heads like myself if he wins the title and then gets mauled in his next fight.
There is a difference between defensive grappling vs offensive grappling. I don't see Izzy being good at offensive grappling. He's showed nothing that would make you assume he has that skill set and would be able to do that in an actual fight.

Easiest thing to do would be curl up in the fetal position as soon as the fight begins, then sucker punch him in the nuts when he turns away in disgust.

Pressure + fighting inside+ take down
I think the best way to beat this guy is to put pressure, put him against the fence cain velasquez style and box the shit out of him in close distance body shots dirty boxing elbows, hit the body, he can't generate too much power in his shots when in clinch then take him down, He is long so I dont think he is good fighting inside
Pereira is very good fighting on the inside.
Watch the highlights of both his fights against Glory LHW-champion Artem Vakhitov, who has tremendous inside boxing skills and likes to press forward.
I think Alex handled him pretty well… goodluck finding someone with better hands than Vakhitov in the UFC:

Indeed
bro, what? The guy is amazing fighting on the inside and seems super strong. Yes, he probably loses against good grapplers in the division, but he is fighting Israel.

I'm not sure I understand you... Because it seems like you are saying that Israel has "shown the ability" to "steamroll" someone with wrestling "time and time again."

If that is what you meant, then please provide the examples, if not then let me know what you meant.

As far as Alex having "a camp training grappling" Alex had his first MMA fight in 2015, coming up on 7 years ago; so while I would agree that someone who didn't really focus on MMA until relatively late in his career could potentially have issues with a lifelong seasoned grappler, I don't see a lot of reason to see why he would have major issues with the grappling of Israel Adesanya, who didn't have a takedown in the UFC prior to the Cannonier fight.
(Did he have one in that fight?)

Seems to me like any wrestling advantage or disadvantage either Izzy or Alex might have would be purely speculation until we see how the fight plays out.

Or else just knock 'em out! I don't see why Izzy wouldn't simply adopt the simplest pass of leash resistance: knock 'im out...
Uhhmmm... How exactly is knocking out Pereira the "path of leash resistance" ?

Pereira was only KOed once in 40 pro kickboxing fights, nearly 50 total pro combat sports fights, and Israel is not really a knockout artist, having gone to the judges in 7 of his last 9 fights.

Pereira was only KOed once in 40 pro kickboxing fights, nearly 50 total pro combat sports fights, and Israel is not really a knockout artist, having gone to the judges in 7 of his last 9 fights.
Yeah indeed, the great Artur Kyshenko scored a knockdown (and seconds later a standing TKO victory) over Alex Pereira early in his career.

(timestamped around 6:40):

Poatan has never suffered a “real” KO loss though..

Sorry but I think this tends to be something MMA fans fall back to a lot more than they should, every striker that comes into MMA we get the same claims they will lose to anyone with recent wrestling they face.

I think there's a very significant over estimation of how hard it is to counter wrestling.

"He's tall so he can't fight inside" is one of the dumbest things I've read
Even struve could only fight inside. Never threw a jab or a straight in his life.
Somehow. For reasons unknown.

Even struve could only fight inside. Never threw a jab or a straight in his life.
Somehow. For reasons unknown.

He could use his range pretty well if opponents let him as say Stipe did but he didnt have the technique to really control distance well so he often ended up fighting closer in.

He could use his range pretty well if opponents let him as say Stipe did but he didnt have the technique to really control distance well so he
He could use his range pretty well if opponents let him as say Stipe did but he didnt have the technique to really control distance well so he often ended up fighting closer in.
True.

I was joking, my man. I was riffing on what OP was playing on. That some fans make executing a winning strategy seem like a no-brainer when it may be close to impossible to pull off.

Back