The movie "alive" about the soccer team that had to turn cannibal. What would you do?

I always remember Marge watching Alive and laugh about how the Simpsons portrayed the movie

tbh you'd probably just reach a level of hunger where your survival instincts kick in and you eat whatever's available. When I went starving for like 14 hours once I ended up buying like 6 truck stop hotdogs

14 hours is nothing. I can go 24 hours easy, though I feel a bit slow.

I'm far from fat, before you assume that.

Anyone would do it if it was between eating human flesh and dying. It would take tremendous will power to just sit around the campfire starving to death while all your fellow survivors are tearing into some fresh grilled human steaks.

People always says "Well I wouldn't eat someone in that scenario, it offends my sensibilities!" Yeah, because you've been in situations like that before.

{<hhh]

When you get that close to death, the part of your brain that cares about stuff like morality, and other "higher" functions literally shuts down. So you can, and will, do whatever it takes to survive.

People always says "Well I wouldn't eat someone in that scenario, it offends my sensibilities!" Yeah, because you've been in situations like that before.

{<hhh]

When you get that close to death, the part of your brain that cares about stuff like morality, and other "higher" functions literally shuts down. So you can, and will, do whatever it takes to survive.

That's not true of everyone, though. Your disgust and/or morality of certain things can remain so intact that there's some things you would never do. You can't paint everyone with the same brush.

That's not true of everyone, though. Your disgust and/or morality of certain things can remain so intact that there's some things you would never do. You can't paint everyone with the same brush.
Sure you can. Look into it. As you begin to starve to death, your brain literally shuts down the areas that deal with "higher" brain function. What you would call our "humanity" There are numerous records of various groups participating in cannibalism in cases of widespread starvation. Everywhere from the US to russia to china, etc.

Sure you can. Look into it. As you begin to starve to death, your brain literally shuts down the areas that deal with "higher" brain function. What you would call our "humanity" There are numerous records of various groups participating in cannibalism in cases of widespread starvation. Everywhere from the US to russia to china, etc.

No you can't, people have different brains and they aren't all affected in the very same exact ways. There's too much complexity/layers associated with brain chemistry and the human mind to possibly begin making that argument. There's examples of that all across the board with various things.

No you can't, people have different brains and they aren't all affected in the very same exact ways. There's too much complexity/layers associated with brain chemistry and the human mind to possibly begin making that argument. There's examples of that all across the board with various things.
Okay. Well, we've seen in actual cases of widespread starvation, no matter where in the world it was, or what type of morals or religious beliefs those people they had, widespread cannibalism eventually happened when people got hungry enough. a LOT of people say they would never do this or that, they'd rather die than compromise their morals. But when push comes to shove...

<Fedor23>

Okay. Well, we've seen in actual cases of widespread starvation, no matter where in the world it was, or what type of morals or religious beliefs those people they had, widespread cannibalism eventually happened when people got hungry enough. a LOT of people say they would never do this or that, they'd rather die than compromise their morals. But when push comes to shove...

<Fedor23>

Yeah, ok. A bunch of people get desperate even when they believe they wouldn't and resort to extremes. But that's still only a tiny, tiny, portion of the human population that you've been able to observe. It's not universally applicable. Much of that is also partially mob mentality - You see enough people doing something around you (no matter what it is) there's a greater chance of you feeling influenced to take part.

I ain't even going to pretend I wouldn't.

In fact the strongest would "mysteriously die in his sleep" to ensure that I'm not opposed when I kick off the BBQ after not eating for a few hours

I waited on the side of the road for an hour and a half for a tow and the only thing that kept the other guy Alive was that he was family....another couple hours though and I would've done what I needed to survive, he and his family would've understood, I just want to get home to see my kids.

the worst part about that story is after surviving the crash and however many days, like 50% or more died in a fucking avalanche that suffocated them in the fuselage of the plane...

god I can't imagine how shit that must've been for the survivors.

I saw a doc on the events while on a family vacation and was absolutely fascinated by what happened, the movie has a pretty mediocre rating, but fuck I think its incredible. survival movies in general are fantastic....

but i digress

that fucking avalanche though was just brutal

Can't believe they didn't try walk out earlier, but i think taking care of the dying, and those who couldn't walk took priority over leaving

Imagine @ga_ninja in that situation. He’d eat all the corpses and all the other survivors within the first two weeks.

Bunch of dudes stranded with @ga_ninja in some freezing, isolated location?

9Q5Qh2m.gif

You all really need to ditch your hangups.

I gave up McDonalds years ago.

It was a rugby team ? $100 says it was the prop forwards started with the knives and forks..

Back