The new Blade Runner is boring af

I'm still haunted by the brooding low rumble and horn sounds from Bladerunner 2049. I saw it in the theater and the audio was 10 times better than seeing it at home. I can't think of another movie where I can say that.

A scene in the movie that I have trouble processing is the hooker scene

I know there is some sort of hidden meaning but I cant really decode it

But he is talking to the hooker and its established that she is a replicant, she asks him something, Joi interrupts, and than the hooker says "Oh you dont like real girls"

Well I just thought we established that you are not a real girl either

<TheWire1>

What does that last line really mean you know

I think she meant real like, in physically real. His girlfriend is an intangible hologram so he can't obviously have intimate relations with her.

I wish perturbator did the soundtrack to this. It would have been a 10/10 if that were the case.

Last edited:
I was alone in the theater when I watched it. That was unfortunate because I was hoping it would do well at the box office, but it made for one of my favorite movie going experiences.

Great movie.

It's what, 160 minutes? While the screenplay is an easy read at 109 pages and the original is around 2 hours. It's a simple story that's quite interesting and has something to say. There's no reason it should be that long to its detriment.

It was a very good film.
I met Gosling very briefly, two days ago. He is filming something in Atlanta.

God damn, that mother fucker is handsome.

edit: I don't understand how anyone could say his performance was bland...

First off, he was playing a Replicant, which are known to be less emotional... they're artificial... but you can SEE the internal struggle his character is having as the film progresses and he gets deeper and deeper into the mystery. You can feel how heart broken he is as the dreams and his investigation pan out... and when he finds out where his... "girlfriend," comes from... I was very sad for him.

Agreed. I've watched a lot of sci fi in my life and his android is the one that made me rethink my robot consciousness stance. That's a testament to his acting, the writing, and direction.

With that said the movie is boring.

But he is talking to the hooker and its established that she is a replicant, she asks him something, Joi interrupts, and than the hooker says "Oh you dont like real girls"

<TheWire1>

She was antagonising him. He prefers fantasy to reality.

<TheWire1>

I thought it was because of his hologram wife?

It's what, 160 minutes? While the screenplay is an easy read at 109 pages and the original is around 2 hours. It's a simple story that's quite interesting and has something to say. There's no reason it should be that long to its detriment.
I think it should have cut the scenes that tried to set up a sequel.

It's on my DVR right now. Just need nearly 3 hours of free time to watch it...

She was antagonising him. He prefers fantasy to reality.

I just think the term real is subjective in the blade runner universe

Like what does a hooker replicant even know about what is real

Bitch hasn't even seen a tree before

Go watch Michael Bay movies if you think this movie is boring.

We need more slow mo action scenes followed by slow mo explosions all on green screen of course.

I can't stand that type of movie. When I see trailers of those types at the theater I usually say "That movie would be awesome if I was still 12 years old"

I watched Blade Runner 2049 in the theater as every good movie deserves and I.........LOVED IT!!!!!!

She says to him its pretty and he says its dead

That right there makes me think

Why would she say that the tree is pretty when it is clearly dead

Was she just doing that in order to get closer to him somehow? I dunno

Maybe she just has no concept of the meaning behind pretty or like I said before real

I just think the term real is subjective in the blade runner universe

Like what does a hooker replicant even know about what is real

Bitch hasn't even seen a tree before

Well, of course. Subjectivity is paramount to the themes of the story.

I was alone in the theater when I watched it. That was unfortunate because I was hoping it would do well at the box office, but it made for one of my favorite movie going experiences.

Great movie.
Bittersweet in a way cause that means movie kinda tanked , but glorious to be the only soul there , especially for a good movie . Kinda eeeie too though . Actually seeing that movie alone in s theater would really add to the eeeiness and awesomeness at the same time cause it’s a kinda lonely movie if u know what I mean . Existential . I always feel like a millionaire watching from the west wing of my mansion in my own private theater .

Great movie.

Bittersweet in a way cause that means movie kinda tanked , but glorious to be the only soul there , especially for a good movie . Kinda eeeie too though . Actually seeing that movie alone in s theater would really add to the eeeiness and awesomeness at the same time cause it’s a kinda lonely movie if u know what I mean . Existential . I always feel like a millionaire watching from the west wing of my mansion in my own private theater .

Watched 2049 by myself too. The first movie I ever watched alone. On a sunday night with only like 4-5 other people in the theater. This was one movie I where I told myself I'd need to watch it by myself to get the full experience. It was pretty awesome overall, but the original BR was superior though. I wonder if there's a place that has showings of the og Blade Runner on the big screen..

giphy.gif

I enjoyed the sequel but its IMHO a more straightforward film than the original, more akin to something like Minority Report as a sci fi action thriller with a more complex plot(that feels a little like two plots merged, the K and the Deckard stories) where as the original has a very simple plot focusing mostly on character/atmosphere with more of a message behind it.

I would say as well that Villeneuve/Deakins do not equal Scott/Cronenweth when it comes to atmosphere, its effective certainly but I think its a bit too concerned with sticking to tasteful minimalism.

Last edited:

Yeah it was pretty awesome. I've been the sole individual in quite a few movies, but the tone of this movie made it that much cooler.

I found the original boring, and the new one amazing. For what it’s worth.

Also, you don’t need to remember, or even see the original to watch 2049. A title card opens the movie and explains all you need to know.

Fabulous to hear. I'll watch the new one asap then. Can't beat a bit of Gosling.

This movie and avatar were movies that a few of my friends told me that I had to see in cinema when they came out. So I did and I walked out of both.

Its hard to sit still for a 2hr45m movie if it doesnt have you hooked in the first 30 mins.

Watched the rest of avatar when it came on tv and was glad I walked out the cinema when I did, its shit. Yet to watch the rest of blade runner.

Back