THE Official 2017 S&C Deadlift Competition Thread

I didn't see Pink's but BT's should definitely count. At least his was a legit grind & honest 1RM effort ... the ramping seemed pretty minimal.

I'll pick teams tomorrow evening. If everyone is fine with me doing so, I'll just find something online to make random selections.

If there are any objections, I can make a video of me drawing names from a hat.

Okay, I've included them both.

But, just so we're clear, a pull like that definitely will not count for a final 1 rep max.

Fair enough m8. Do you mind expanding a bit though? I've never competed in PL so my eye isn't the best, but I thought ramping was blatantly placing the bar on your knees/thighs on the way up. Rather than do that, BT looks to me like he grinds through a sticking point. Unless I'm missing something, it's not really clear that he ramps.

Right after the start of the fifth second, you'll see that he drops his hips. That wouldn't happen without ramping.

Competed in an aau meet today and pulled 672@188 on a 4th attempt. I consider it pr. because they were using a Texas power bar. Doesn't change my starting max, just thought I would share.

In Toonie's situation, I might suggest meeting in the middle, but if he's willing to start at 495 (probably cause he doesn't want to seem weaker than this old man!!!) then I'm all good for that. I'll be kicking his hyney in this comp anyway!

I'll pick teams tomorrow evening. If everyone is fine with me doing so, I'll just find something online to make random selections.

If there are any objections, I can make a video of me drawing names from a hat.

I vote for a video of you drawing names from a hat wearing a banana hammock...wait wut?

Five teams of five?
Three teams of six and a team of seven?
Two teams of eight and a team of nine?

Personally, I'd prefer teams bigger than five and would lean toward having three teams.

What are your thoughts?

My phone broke, so unfortunately I wasn't able to get in and get a video. So I guess I'm out.

Five teams of five?
Three teams of six and a team of seven?
Two teams of eight and a team of nine?

Personally, I'd prefer teams bigger than five and would lean toward having three teams.

What are your thoughts?

I'm fine with three teams.

Some of you guys are obviously going to have massive improvements, so they can't be too small.

I vote three teams.

Everyone has a spot on the podium, like those kids competitions where even the last gets a medal.

I haven't collected one of those in a few years so i am totally fine with that!

TEAMS HAVE BEEN PICKED!!!

@NurseKnuckles - 495 lbs
@The_observer86 - 455 lbs
@MatterOverMind - 445 lbs
@Cmart - 445 lbs
@ASUThermo - 601 lbs
@cincymma79 - 615 lbs
@Obscure Terror - 440 lbs
@spdrew2143 - 680 lbs
@KotovSyndrome - 507 lbs

@JimRussel - 675 lbs
@Parrulo - 330 lbs
@MilkManUK - 419 lbs
@Bloodhy - 420 lbs
@xPINKx - 396 lbs
@eastNYgoon138 - 385 lbs
@rocketskates - 622 lbs
@btwrestler119 - 505 lbs

@fbmmofo - 562 lbs
@SexyMahnaz - 440 lbs
@Cool Hand Luke - 385 lbs
@Oblivian - 510 lbs
@Japmanx - 535 lbs
@frystyle - 333 lbs
@toonie - 495 lbs
@ThePitBull32 - 405 lbs

Now I suppose we just need charismatic team captains and flashy team names. I can feel the gains coming already!

Back